Dan Houser is leaving Rockstar

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Benz? What y'all mean?

Benzies alleges that Sam Houser sent him the following email message. "PLEASE help me/us get [Read Dead Redemption] into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now. I need The Benz! :damn:" The way he tells it, 'the Benz' stepped in and saved the day

:wow:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Who is this Benz guy tho? How one man shape a game lol?

Benzies' lawsuit begins by claiming that Sam Houser's work on the early Grand Theft Auto games yielded distinctly mediocre results. It was only when he, Benzies, took over production for GTA 3 that the series really took off, he says.

"While expert in their respective contributions, Sam Houser and Dan Houser did not help invent, create, or develop any of the paradigm-shifting game development, design, and artistic innovations in GTA 3 that so dramatically elevated the GTA franchise," states the lawsuit.

There's also a reference to the writing in GTA and its borrowing from TV and movies. "From GTA Vice City onward, Sam Houser's and Dan Houser's roles were limited to developing the story and characters in the games and blending thematic elements from film and television aimed at mature audiences, such as Miami Vice, Carlito's Way, and Heat," it says.

"HE HAD NOT PLAYED OR EVEN VIEWED THE GAME PRE-RELEASE."

If the lawsuit is to be believed, Benzies was the one who understood process, programming and production. The Housers knew how to write characters and cut business deals.

When Red Dead Redemption was in production, the Housers were in charge. Benzies had no role in its making until, he says, things started to fall apart

Benzies alleges that Sam Houser sent him the following email message. "PLEASE help me/us get [Read Dead Redemption] into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now. I need The Benz!" The way he tells it, 'the Benz' stepped in and saved the day.

The relationship seems to have broken down in the wake of GTA Online, a multiplayer component of GTA 5, released just after that game's launch.

"The Houser brothers had little interest in GTA Online, and did not focus on its development," according to Benzies. Even so, when Benzies placed his name in the prize spot at the end in the opening credits, a place usually taken by Sam Houser, it caused friction.

Benzies alleges that Sam Houser was unhappy about this. "He claimed to have noticed it only after it had already been released," says the lawsuit. "If true, this would mean that he had not played or even viewed the game pre-release, or else he would have seen the opening credits."

The suit claims that Jennifer Kolbe, a Rockstar executive, reported Sam Houser's unhappiness to Benzies, quoting him as saying that Benzies "wanted to take over the company."