Damn, this summer has been boring gaming wise

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Life is strange bro? :leostare: How did LIS 2 go?

the only people who care about psychonauts are the lifelong fans who were waiting for news for years and kena is in the category of every other new IP hoping to stand out in a new generation

im not even saying follow the AAA train. I'm saying people would enjoy stuff if they played shyt they'd be interested in instead of riding hype for things they NEVER gonna fukk with. even mentioning psychonauts seriously is jokes

It might not be super popular but the game and the genre its in are not niche. In fact up until like 2006 they were probably the most popular type of games out. They come with god modes for example because they are marketed toward a casual large audience.

Niche games would be like returnal, spelunky, 13 sentinels, 12 minutes…unconventional game and narrative design,

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It might not be super popular but the game and the genre its in are not niche. In fact up until like 2006 they were probably the most popular type of games out. They come with god modes for example because they are marketed toward a casual large audience.

Niche games would be like returnal, spelunky, 13 sentinels, 12 minutes…unconventional game and narrative design,
and conference hypebeasts will jump and down in twitch chat and proceed to not give a fukk :yeshrug:

like yal not realizing how weird it is to talk about what you're playing - then the conversation goes to "but but conferences". incredible tangent

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Covid:manny:

There's been a few cool games but yeah it's been slow, on the plus side maybe there's a flood of delayed titles waiting at the end of this drought.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
i been good :yeshrug:

feel like some parts of the gaming community enjoy hating more than playing - and force themselves to play shyt they don't even fukk with just to have something to talk about.
nikkas gotta run a game back 5 times after they platinumed it in a week to justify $70 gone
loldenzel.png

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Life is strange bro? :leostare: How did LIS 2 go?

the only people who care about psychonauts are the lifelong fans who were waiting for news for years and kena is in the category of every other new IP hoping to stand out in a new generation

im not even saying follow the AAA train. I'm saying people would enjoy stuff if they played shyt they'd be interested in instead of riding hype for things they NEVER gonna fukk with. even mentioning psychonauts seriously is jokes
A resident Xbox overlord, I never have ½ of a shyt about psyconauts and would have called you a homo for playing it.

it's in gamepass, I figured I'll give it a shot just to see what's good. What even got me to that's point is my love for all things double fine entertainment because I feel there one of the best new studios in the game. Brutal legend is another I passed on. So off the strength of those I gave it a try and it's a really really good game.

Psyconauts 2 is being spoken of as possible game of the year it's so good. This is by early reviews leaking. So I'm expecting it to deliver big time. So realize your post will not age well :picard: