Damn. So it’s cheaper to rent instead of own in America’s 50 largest metro areas. Yikes.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
There are too many reports that have said we are in the new normal. There is no stabilization. This is the new world. The poor will never own anything and the working class has become the poor
Someone said we have been living in the "up coming recession" since 2008.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Better link for OP:

Pros and cons of renting​

Pros

• Lower upfront costs
  • Landlord covers maintenance and repairs
  • No property taxes or HOA fees
  • Utilities may be included in the rent
  • Rental insurance is cheaper than homeowners insurance
Cons

• Rent can increase over time
  • Won’t build equity
  • Rental market is competitive
  • Rental lease may not be renewed
  • No tax benefits

Pros and cons of buying​

Pros

• Can build equity over time
  • Helps boost credit
  • Fixed monthly mortgage payments (with a fixed-rate mortgage)
  • Tax incentives
  • Remodel and renovate to your style
Cons

• Higher upfront costs
  • Property value can fall
  • Competitive housing market
  • Maintenance costs
  • Takes time to build equity
  • Property taxes, homeowners insurance and possible HOA fees
  • High mortgage rates

Link to the study:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Home owners insurance will be a thing of the past in Florida
The next major hurricane is gonna wipe out a ton of homeowners and insurance companies in Florida. I'm trying to convince family members to abandon that state before it's too late.
:francis:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
The next major hurricane is gonna wipe out a ton of homeowners and insurance companies in Florida. I'm trying to convince family members to abandon that state before it's too late.
:francis:
In any other state you have to wonder how likely are you to burn down your house, and roll the dice. Florida it's different, and it's the insurance companies that are pulling out first.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
It's crazy that there are ppl still being blinded by just moving out to Cali. They wanna be in the sun, around the beaches, famous people, etc. Then reality hits when they see what you gotta pay just to live out there. We not even gonna get to the live comfortably part yet lol

To live comfortably in LA as a single person, you need to make at minimum $100,000. Comfortably means all of your monthly bills are paid and you still have a funds left over for leisure or an emergency.

I'm doing well for a single guy with no children in LA. But I know I would be doing much better if I lived in another state like Texas.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
22K one time fee and $1,800/mo in HOA dues. Are these politicians in Florida insane?
:mjlol:
Sounds like they want to kick out home owners. And let the Corporate buyers swoop in a buy up everything for cheap.

Young Florida condo owner fears she’ll lose her home after ‘exorbitant’ HOA fee hike

The letter came from Brawdy’s condo association board of directors. It stated that, by Florida law, the condo needed to fill up its reserves by “millions of dollars” and the board would soon vote on a plan to collect that money from unit owners.

Brawdy explained: “First, there will be a special assessment fee, which will help to fully fund our [condo association’s] reserves — and this fee would range from $11,148 to $22,104. My 810-square-foot unit home would be assessed a $15,569 fee. Fifty percent of this would be due June 30 and the other 50% would be due July 31.”

She said that on top of the special assessment fee, they would also raise the monthly HOA dues, effective June 1. “I would go from paying $651 a month to $1,824 a month,” she said

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My wife and I were considering moving out there when she was making $200k and I was making $150k and we just decided to stay here and fly out there or visit her parents in Florida when we wanted sunshine and beaches, because a nice place was at least two million dollars, and it would be insane to be making that much but still paying so much for a basic house that was still nice. :smh:
Yeah, that's the best option for us. Just take vacation days and get a couple weeks out there to get a change of scenery. Ain't much here in the part of Illinois we live, but it is cheap.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What was the price of the home and interest rate?
Hers was maybe 215K? Idk the rate but we both bought in 2021 so of course we got good rates :lolbron:

People save and buy houses everyday, b. I don’t subscribe to that loser ass attitude. Sorry. Buying a house is doable for everyone. There are so many programs etc.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Hers was maybe 215K? Idk the rate but we both bought in 2021 so of course we got good rates :lolbron:
I put those numbers in a mortgage calculator and it looks like the Interest rate would've had to been like 2 percent which is insane in retrospect with only 3 percent down.

215k is also way below the median home price so yeah it must've been a great circumstance. Today that shyt would cost 2k a month minimum