Damn! Sactown rapper Bris shot to death on father's day

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Another rapper shot down by his own black brother, I’m shocked.

There's a lot of speculation and shyt floating around but most people think he was killed by Mexicans. They biggest funk right now is OPB (Bloods) and VFB which is a Norteno gang, and the area he was killed is a borderline avenue...

He did a lot of gangbanging on wax and I've told people for years that ain't good karma...

How are you in beef but you don't carry. A 22 would've kept him alive:why:

I'm surprised he wasn't holding but he was also on house arrest and just got outta jail in April...

being a rapper is a death sentence these days, is there anything he could have done NOT to get killed?
people get robbed everyday but to get chased down and killed like that seemed personal

Gangbanging, bro....

Ultimately the content in rap has to change and I've been a vocal proponent of that for awhile. It is not positive that most of our rappers glorify street violence and we allow ourselves to spread this message at the hands of these white bag holders...

Hip hop is more influential today than it's ever been. We have to change the content and ultimately on a more personal level I hold these old ass gangbanging rappers in Sacramento partially responsible, because Sac has a young hip hop scene and isn't a hotbed market. Alota these current youngins came up looking up to the older rappers and they continue to push this black genocide. I'm trying not to get too preachy on this but I'm pretty passionate about this topic...

And as it relates to street activity in general, I don't fault anybody for eating the way they have to or defending themselves, but the message has to be out there for guys in the field that this ain't a lifelong career and guys can level up beyond it if they want to. I didn't always feel this way so part of my passion comes from my own trials and errors...

Maybe it's a local thing. I checked a few of his videos out and didn't like any of it. But, honestly, I'm not a fan of most Cali rappers. They just have a different musical aesthetic than east coast artists, one that I've never particularly taken a liking to.

:yeshrug:

Alot of East Coast cats feel the same way, ain't nothing wrong with it but relly could rap for real and he was unique. Not his content, but his style...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Just for those interested, son could really rap. Everything he was on wasn't A1 but he had a consistency and was kinda head and shoulders above his peers in not just ability but presence, delivery, style, all that. The majors noticed and apparently he was being courted to at least some degree, everybody from Pitchfork to Billboard has put out a release on his passing so there was some behind-the-scenes notoriety bubbling up...

He ain't the first Sac rapper to pass and ain't even the first one to be killed this year, no one else got this publicized coverage. Bris style wasn't for everybody and I'm definitely not saying he was some sensational lyrical miracle, but if you have an eye and ear for rap, you can see the appeal and why there was alot of growing interest in him...

He was close. Just couldn't redirect himself and I don't think had the most responsible people in his ear either, but he was close...

So here are some of his best work though for those interested, you can see the appeal...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Cats also loved having dude on features, he was kind of a go-to for alota these young rappers to have features with, which kinda shows his popularity and influence with his peers his age...

Double Back (KashMoneyKush)

Too Player w/G-Man (just the way he opened the hook and intro is a notable skill, he floated)

Kamikaze w/Philthy Rich and Mac J (for those who don't know Philthy is an established and popular Oakland rapper, this just dropped this month)

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
And for those who really doubt his mic skills, this is from Sac Bar Fest from last year, I timestamped it but if it didnt catch, go to 4:30, he only spits for about a minute and a half:

Bris had a lot of hot music, I only posted some of my favorites. Again I'm not saying he was some lyrical miracle but cats with an eye and ear for it can see he had something, he's gonna be missed...

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
You must not be from California making statements like that cuz Nor Cal and So. Cal are two different worlds. I’m from the LBC.
I am from California.

:childplease:

I grew up on music from the bay/sac, but to each is own, I guess.

:yeshrug: