Damn just got into Peaky Blinders

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Saw this pop up on Netflix, thought they were promoting old seasons. New season 6

Strong first episode
I think I'm gonna have to re-watch the whole series again before I get to 6 I love this show but it's been so long I've forgotten what the hell it's even about

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
new season is awful...

they have like 3-4 emo montages with a female sung song playing per episode

the whole show is nothing but gangster cliches with soap opera twists... but all of the twists are predictable

every character has the same arc each season

still better than 95% of streaming shows

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm on season 3, dope show can't believe I slept on it and I have to give Cillian Murphy props, going in I didn't think he could pull off such a character, Jason Statham as originally intended for the role would have been trash.

(As much as I enjoy this show it always irks me how white gangsters are portrayed as genius men with strong codes and honour but their black counterparts are low IQ savages over indulging in base desires :francis: )

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Season 6 was a bit weird but the final episode made up for it. Acting and direction were great but the story was slow. I could tell they were limited by Covid which is probably why they focused so much on build up and not action.

The similarities between Thomas Shelby and Ghost from Power are uncanny.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Is it Ozark level good? I couldn't get past the first episode and the first episode of Ozark was excellent.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Show is straight bullshyt. Tommy is smarter than everybody and gets out of every jam by fukking over his own family every season.

How many times can they repeat the same plot line? Also the peak blinders always win no matter how outdated and outgunned they are by their enemies

Bullshyt I dropped years ago

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I'm on season 3, dope show can't believe I slept on it and I have to give Cillian Murphy props, going in I didn't think he could pull off such a character, Jason Statham as originally intended for the role would have been trash.

(As much as I enjoy this show it always irks me how white gangsters are portrayed as genius men with strong codes and honour but their black counterparts are low IQ savages over indulging in base desires :francis: )

I thought Top Boy did a great job shattering that stereotype