Damn just got into Peaky Blinders

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on season 3, dope show can't believe I slept on it and I have to give Cillian Murphy props, going in I didn't think he could pull off such a character, Jason Statham as originally intended for the role would have been trash.

(As much as I enjoy this show it always irks me how white gangsters are portrayed as genius men with strong codes and honour but their black counterparts are low IQ savages over indulging in base desires :francis: )
I don't know how you can watch Peaky Blinders and feel like it's a crop of geniuses. Tommy's relatives are stupid as hell:mjlol: A large part of the show is Tommy cleaning up the messes of his dumb ass family members

Kendom

Pro
Daps
Season 6 was a bit weird but the final episode made up for it. Acting and direction were great but the story was slow. I could tell they were limited by Covid which is probably why they focused so much on build up and not action.

The similarities between Thomas Shelby and Ghost from Power are uncanny.

Ive noticed that a lot of shows I've enjoyed that dropped seasons this year or late last year have been dissapointing to me (top boy, Peaky Blinders, BCS, Narcos s3 Mexico was great but felt rushed) I'm wondering if covid forced them to rush stuff out or limited them in some way although didn't notice the same effect for Stranger things.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
As for Peaky blinders the show was great season 1 - 4 took a noticeable step down in s5 and fell even further in s6. Just an empty shell of a show by that point.
Too be fair Helen McCory died and caused them to have to go back and rewrite the script.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how you can watch Peaky Blinders and feel like it's a crop of geniuses. Tommy's relatives are stupid as hell:mjlol: A large part of the show is Tommy cleaning up the messes of his dumb ass family members

My comment was about Tommy and it holds true

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My comment was about Tommy and it holds true
How? Who are the low IQ, savage counterparts?

A few posters already mentioned Top Boy. Dushane was never portrayed as dumb. Avon and Stringer?

Who are you talking about?

Last edited:

Kendom

Pro
Daps
Too be fair Helen McCory died and caused them to have to go back and rewrite the script.
Is that what happened? I was wondering how her death affected the show. Yeah no way the death of an actress playing such a pivotal character wouldn't have had an effect on the show.

Daps
Been meaning to get on this. 3 episodes in, and I fukks with this show. :ehh:

I notice that the Coli has no problems with all the Rock music blaring in this show. Funny how the soundtrack/score only needs to match the times when Black music is used:mjpls:

pcpking

All Star
Daps
I tried to get into this show several times and can't get pass the 1st season because it's so boring.