Damn.. Gillie Really Wrote & Gave Birth to Lil Wayne

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just the thought of Gillie "ghostwriting" or "coaching" Wayne how to rap when Wayne is a 21 year old veteran who stopped using the pen and pad, is laughable. :heh:

Notice how nobody every cosigned Gillie "ghostwriting" or "coaching" Wayne. NOT ONE SOUL. Not even the disgruntled employees.

Who remembers when Sqad Up was beefing with Wayne? They don't mention Gillie throughout that whole beef. Shows me how insignificant he was.

Let me just leave this here:

H9DhqN2.png
Exactly

Gillie himself don't even co-sign the shyt nikkas trying to make a reality

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry man, I know the truth hurts.. but it is what it is. Gillie wrote alot of music for Wayne.. Drake wrote for Wayne as well.

Wayne, Dre, Eazy E, Kanye, Drake are all in the same boat.....

Great artists who dont write majority of their rhymes.
Oh I see what kind of thread this is:mjlol:

Moving along

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Ain't half of Million Dollars Worth of Game podcast Wallo talking about how much Gillie lies yet we take him saying he wrote all of Carter 1 as gospel? With the amount of music Wayne was putting out at that time must've been a whole team of ghostwriters just working around the clock for him then.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ain't half of Million Dollars Worth of Game podcast Wallo talking about how much Gillie lies yet we take him saying he wrote all of Carter 1 as gospel? With the amount of music Wayne was putting out at that time must've been a whole team of ghostwriters just working around the clock for him then.
Philly dudes got bars for days..and music for days. Even at that time, Gillie had like 4-5 Appetizer mixtapes on his own, as well as being the go-to featured artist....and this was as a part-time rapper.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smh: So are we gonna eliminate Jay-Z for being influenced by Biggie?

Like stfu with this nonsense already. Wayne don't even rap like that anymore and hasn't for nearly 20 years. fukk outta here.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

same vibe as this, wayne really thought he said something prolific when he's just rhyming random things together

is the wayne AI out yet? use that gillie verse and have wayne AI rap it

...Fly like an eagle, but no, I'm not Donovan
Boy, you better go eat some soup with your mama 'nem

...so that's why wayne be shouting out the eagles a lot during this era before mike vick was on the team

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ish is absurd, lol. I attribute it to most people never writing rhymes so they don't catch the obvious difference between Gillie and Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne, as overrated and "stupid" as his content is, is like 10x better than Gillie and always was, even as a kid, lol.

Gillie gave him some swag and all that type ish just being around...but that's where it stops. Jim Jones and Juelz should get the credit for his whole aura tho tbh...if it wasn't for them the whole aesthetic woulda been different and he probably woulda never had the run that he did.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Exactly. Everybody in Philly heard it a couple of years before the rumor even started. Dudes used to be "I'm hearing Gillie all in Lil Wayne rhymes." He definitely wrote ish, but I wouldn't go out on a limb and say "whole Carter 1, basically", like Gillie said on Rap City & MTV.
This is like saying Young Chris wrote for JayZ when Jay style was influenced by them Philly dudes

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
This ish is absurd, lol. I attribute it to most people never writing rhymes so they don't catch the obvious difference between Gillie and Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne, as overrated and "stupid" as his content is, is like 10x better than Gillie and always was, even as a kid, lol.

Gillie gave him some swag and all that type ish just being around...but that's where it stops. Jim Jones and Juelz should get the credit for his whole aura tho tbh...if it wasn't for them the whole aesthetic woulda been different and he probably woulda never had the run that he did.
And it’s not even gilly that really gave him his swag. It was following jayz around like a loss puppy.

Early squad up tapes he on there saying “I’m in love wit Kobe and hovi” and jaut praising jay thru every other song, rapping over roc a fella beats all the way thru it.

Gillie is a goofy tbh, and he sucks at rapping