Damn.. Gillie Really Wrote & Gave Birth to Lil Wayne

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Gillie didn’t write for Wayne. He wrote for bird, definitely influenced Wayne tho. Wayne improvement is well documented.

He started being influenced by east coast artist heavy and replicated that with squad up, it’s where his punchlines started

Then he dropped like 6 tapes in a year with them.

Went on to beefing with them and putting out a solo tape with all his written music and said he never gonna write again.

After that he created the first iteration of ym with spitta and Mack maine, and they ended up putting out tapes in 03, and then da carter in 04

L2014

Banned
Daps
Cant wait til y’all find out Silkk the Shocker wrote for Soulja Slim & Mystical:mjgrin:

SunGod

All Star
Daps
“Drop it like it’s hot” being repeated in a bridge in a bounce influenced song is supposed to be a reflection of one’s lyrical ability? Are nikkas really this dumb to keep entertaining that narrative when there’s evidence from the same time period to prove otherwise?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Gillie was around for that...

He came around during 500 Degreez...

Dosent take from what wayne accomplished tho
I’ll ask this. You think gillie was writing 25 mixtapes versus for Wayne with squad up? :russ:

Gillie was working with bird, bird didn’t even fukk with squad up and wanted Wayne to leave them alone.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
My man from way back has known Gillie for 20+ yrs

So in 2003, my homey is bumpin Weezy & I ask him, "Is that Lil Wayne? He sounds like a Philly nikka" :ehh:

My homey reminded me Gillie was signed to Cash Money & was making his bread ghostwriting for :birdman: & mentoring Wayne :ohhh:

Wayne gives a ton of credit to boo & gotti for his development but Gillie was clearly the prime source. 20 yrs later, when I think about Wayne getting hot, I know a Philly nikka made that happen :sas1:
Exactly. Everybody in Philly heard it a couple of years before the rumor even started. Dudes used to be "I'm hearing Gillie all in Lil Wayne rhymes." He definitely wrote ish, but I wouldn't go out on a limb and say "whole Carter 1, basically", like Gillie said on Rap City & MTV.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ole "I influenced your style head nikkas"
ANY artist I hear say this, I know they washed up and any fan I hear say this I know they stanley

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Drop it like it’s hot” being repeated in a bridge in a bounce influenced song is supposed to be a reflection of one’s lyrical ability? Are nikkas really this dumb to keep entertaining that narrative when there’s evidence from the same time period to prove otherwise?
Wobbly Wobbly:mjlol:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I’ll ask this. You think gillie was writing 25 mixtapes versus for Wayne with squad up? :russ:

Gillie was working with bird, bird didn’t even fukk with squad up and wanted Wayne to leave them alone.

Nah...

Gillie def started workin wit him tho..

Not saying he was doing any writing for him...

But Slim and Bird didn't put that nikka on cash money to drop albums...