I fukks with Wayne but majority of his fans are IN
nile-river-gettyimages-1161692416.jpg

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
My man from way back has known Gillie for 20+ yrs

So in 2003, my homey is bumpin Weezy & I ask him, "Is that Lil Wayne? He sounds like a Philly nikka" :ehh:

My homey reminded me Gillie was signed to Cash Money & was making his bread ghostwriting for :birdman: & mentoring Wayne :ohhh:

Wayne gives a ton of credit to boo & gotti for his development but Gillie was clearly the prime source. 20 yrs later, when I think about Wayne getting hot, I know a Philly nikka made that happen :sas1:

Last edited:

ChosenOne_90

Rookie
Daps
It's crazy how y'all always posting Gillie stuff after "Tha Carter (2004)," not pre "Tha Carter (2004)" EVERY SINGLE TIME to prove how he influenced/was ghostwriting for Wayne. :dead:

Wouldn't it make more sense to post Gillie material pre "Tha Carter (2004)" to prove y'all point??? Oh wait, y'all can't. LMAO!
Wayne was a child prodigy ghostwriting for Sqad Up/Big Tymers records as a teenager.

Just look at the shyt he was doing at 19.

Just the thought of Gillie "ghostwriting" or "coaching" Wayne how to rap when Wayne is a 21 year old veteran who stopped using the pen and pad, is laughable. :heh:

Notice how nobody every cosigned Gillie "ghostwriting" or "coaching" Wayne. NOT ONE SOUL. Not even the disgruntled employees.

Who remembers when Sqad Up was beefing with Wayne? They don't mention Gillie throughout that whole beef. Shows me how insignificant he was.

Let me just leave this here:

H9DhqN2.png

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
If you're not familiar with dem Squad Up tapes then you should shut tha fukk up...if Gillie wrote for Wayne where his own hits at?

Same reason Quentin Miller, Chya da Prince etc wrote for Drake, Kanye dont have hits etc.

Hits are not about lyrics.. its abound the artist and the brand and the machine behind them.

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
Same reason Quentin Miller, Chya da Prince etc wrote for Drake, Kanye dont have hits etc.

Hits are not about lyrics.. its abound the artist and the brand and the machine behind them.
If he wrote for Wayne find another emerging artist and do the same...do u really thank he wrote all them albums and mixtapes?... influence probably and it would make sense because them philly rappers are a different breed but wrote hell nah...Bun B talked about Wayne at 15 and knew then he was gonna be a problem and this was at the time when Juvenile was running shyt...nah bruh

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw people on Reddit still putting money into this, some have $30k+ into this stock too:picard:

They claim not to be bothered but unless they are sitting on several millions the average person would be in shambles losing that much I know I would:sadcam:

It's crazy how y'all always posting Gillie stuff after "Tha Carter (2004)," not pre "Tha Carter (2004)" EVERY SINGLE TIME to prove how he influenced/was ghostwriting for Wayne. :dead:

Wouldn't it make more sense to post Gillie material pre "Tha Carter (2004)" to prove y'all point??? Oh wait, y'all can't. LMAO!
Wayne was a child prodigy ghostwriting for Sqad Up/Big Tymers records as a teenager.

Just look at the shyt he was doing at 19.

Just the thought of Gillie "ghostwriting" or "coaching" Wayne how to rap when Wayne is a 21 year old veteran who stopped using the pen and pad, is laughable. :heh:

Notice how nobody every cosigned Gillie "ghostwriting" or "coaching" Wayne. NOT ONE SOUL. Not even the disgruntled employees.

Who remembers when Sqad Up was beefing with Wayne? They don't mention Gillie throughout that whole beef. Shows me how insignificant he was.

Let me just leave this here:

H9DhqN2.png

If you're not familiar with dem Squad Up tapes then you should shut tha fukk up...if Gillie wrote for Wayne where his own hits at?

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
If he wrote for Wayne find another emerging artist and do the same...do u really thank he wrote all them albums and mixtapes?... influence probably and it would make sense because them philly rappers are a different breed but wrote hell nah...Bun B talked about Wayne at 15 and knew then he was gonna be a problem and this was at the time when Juvenile was running shyt...nah bruh

Sorry man, I know the truth hurts.. but it is what it is. Gillie wrote alot of music for Wayne.. Drake wrote for Wayne as well.

Wayne, Dre, Eazy E, Kanye, Drake are all in the same boat.....

Great artists who dont write majority of their rhymes.