Damn, fried plantains are pretty good

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't have any family from Africa or the Caribbean, so we never cooked with them. There was a couple of guys from Nigeria at work telling me about some of the food a few weeks ago and one of them was like "you have to try the Jollof rice and fried plantains:ohlawd:" and I told him I'd look the recipe up online and try to make it when I have the chance. Bought a few plantains last week and let them sit, one of them was yellow and I fried it.

I botched the Jollof rice:francis:, but the plaintain was :wow: I'm gonna be cooking them every week now.

Last edited:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have any family from Africa or the Caribbean, so we never cooked with them. There's was a couple of guys from Nigeria at work telling me about some of the food a few weeks ago and one of them was like "you have to try the Jollof rice and fried plantains:ohlawd:" and I told him I'd look the recipe up online and try to make it when I have the chance. Bought a few plantains last week and let them sit, one of them was yellow and I fried it.

I botched the Jollof rice:francis:, but the plaintain was :wow: I'm gonna be cooking them every week now.
Better late than never :francis:

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
Platano is for everything bruh

il_570xN.1158301336_hgk0.jpg

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Is there such a thing as perfect jollof rice?
:jbhmm:
Yes. It is prepared by old Nigerian mothers in kitchens all over africa.

Didn't realize this till i left home and had other people's jellof....:mjlol:

I love you momma....:mjcry:

P.S. Beware of Ghanian brehs promoting some odd rice and tomato mixure they refer to as "Ghanian Jollof" (:mjlol:). Kindly decline and walk away as quickly as possible.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Yes. It is prepared by old Nigerian mothers in kitchens all over africa.

Didn't realize this till i left home and had other people's jellof....:mjlol:

I love you momma....:mjcry:

P.S. Beware of Ghanian brehs promoting some odd rice and tomato mixure they refer to as "Ghanian Jollof" (:mjlol:). Kindly decline and walk away as quickly as possible.

Had Ghana Jollof before. Tasted like fried indomie noodles. Never again.