Damn, Elden Ring did very well in America sales wise.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol: This thread a mess. But I don't think this game revolutionary on open-world. There's a lot of resused assets and boss fights like every other OW game. Sekiro is still #1 for me, cause that game got much more fluidity

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The “open world” is great because it’s built like an actual level you need to figure out how to progress through. It’s almost like a traversal puzzle to figure out how to get most places.

In most open world games you put a spot on the map and you just go. In Elden ring you may have to go a whole other direction, find the correct elevator or shortcut and come out on the other side of the thing you are looking for.

I don’t know if that makes the open world “next gen”. But it definitely makes the open world more engaging and enjoyable than any other open world game I can think of. I feel like I have a lot more detailed knowledge of the map, and a stronger connection to the game world. At this point I can kinda navigate the world and get where I want without even looking at the map.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:mjlol: This thread a mess. But I don't think this game revolutionary on open-world. There's a lot of resused assets and boss fights like every other OW game. Sekiro is still #1 for me, cause that game got much more fluidity

I think the whole "reused assets/boss fights" sentiment here is overstated and overplayed. For what the game presents, there's a massive amount of overall variety in a lot of fronts (level design, locales, enemy design, bosses, etc.) to be forgiving a bit on the times where some assets are reused.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think the whole "reused assets/boss fights" sentiment here is overstated and overplayed. For what the game presents, there's a massive amount of overall variety in a lot of fronts (level design, locales, enemy design, bosses, etc.) to be forgiving a bit on the times where some assets are reused.

It's alot more than that. It's pretty much most of the side content.:manny: y'all can get some dlc later down the line,

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's alot more than that. It's pretty much most of the side content.:manny: y'all can get some dlc later down the line,

Considering, as you said, it's the side content for one and for two, it still offers a shytload of content that is overall very variable, most definitely inclusive within the main offer, I'm not going to bust their chops over side pieces being reused here and there. That's like being mad that among all the food in a thanksgiving feast, one would nitpick that every grain of rice isn't a different style or color.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Honest question, what open world game has more enemy variety than Elden Ring?

I'm arguing on boss mobs, regards to side content. A lot of those fights are the same. The caves are even the same. If you want to talk a variety in regards of tactics in fighting enemies, not very varied either.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm arguing on boss mobs, regards to side content. A lot of those fights are the same. The caves are even the same. If you want to talk a variety in regards of tactics in fighting enemies, not very varied either.
This is a damn lie breh.

Elden ring has way more unique bosses than either of those games.

Its fine if you say you don’t like them, but by the numbers there’s lots more in Elden ring. It’s not even close.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This is a damn lie breh.

Elden ring has way more unique bosses than either of those games.

Its fine if you say you don’t like them, but by the numbers there’s lots more in Elden ring. It’s not even close.

I've played over 100 hours now and still running into new shyt. people just hating to hate cuz its cool to be a contrarian on here apparently.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

There's a lot more side content than the simple caves and mining tunnels scattered across each region. There are several different biomes and plenty of more fleshed out areas to explore that aren't even part of the main story. There are some duplicate bosses and variants like the Erdtree avatars but even still there is way more enemy variety and boss battles than most games.

You might've had a point if the whole game took place in Limgrave and the Weeping Peninsula:hubie: but there's like 8 other regions

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Game looks awesome I’ll never play though lol. Souls games been mainstream, this a new plateau

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Hardest game I’ve ever played I’m done with this shyt But congratulations on its success.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps

This sht go hard high key :ehh: still not into it but this is a very dope aspect of the game I was not expecting. Don’t see why this can’t, won’t, or shouldn’t be adapted to a superhero game or sumn. Marvel or DC should be all over this.

I actually DO want this to have an impact on the gaming industry now :mjgrin:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

This sht go hard high key :ehh: still not into it but this is a very dope aspect of the game I was not expecting. Don’t see why this can’t, won’t, or shouldn’t be adapted to a superhero game or sumn. Marvel or DC should be all over this.

I actually DO want this to have an impact on the gaming industry now :mjgrin:

this fool is a community meme now :dead: