Damn, dude cut his homie off for dating a cac...thats foul as hell lol.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Exactly how is money being moved out of the black community a rhetoric here if only 20% is IR

Because if you change the definition of what being pro-black is (from requiring that your spouse is black if you have one to you spouse can be of any race), you change the dynamic for the future.

Rather than having black families, you end up with mixed families claiming to be black families, when that isn't the case.

Again, checking people like the dude from the OP happens often and all over the world. It's nothing new.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
No.

Answer the question. You claimed dating out changes the definitions of "pro-black".

So define "pro-black"

I claimed marrying out, not dating out, changes the definition of pro-black (hence why I said spouse). Marrying and dating are two very different things.

I'll answer you question when you answer mine.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I claimed marrying out, not dating, changes the definition of pro-black. Marrying and dating are two very different things.

I'll answer you question when you answer mine.

You responded to my question with a question.

But I'll play along. Yes you can be pro-black to with a non-black spouse.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You responded to my question with a question.

But I'll play along. Yes you can be pro-black to with a non-black spouse.

So it doesn't concern you that there can be an inherent conflict of interest?

Being pro-black, among other things, means that black issues and the well-being of black people are your #1 priority and concern. How will your non-black spouse feel about that? Are you gonna hope that she somehow will go along with her community being #2, 3, or 4 in your mind all the time?

Doesn't mean you hate others. Just that they aren't #1 on your list. That kind of stuff matters.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It aint a surprise or coincidence that the posters with non-black spouses or mixed offspring are out here :cape: and playing dumb. Always happens in these type of threads:russell:.

I have no problem with interracial marriages whatsoever. Plenty of my friends (including black ones) married interracially and I'm not as pro-black as some that I know in real life.

But you aren't gonna see me change the definition of things just to suit my needs. Which is what the dude in the OP was doing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So it doesn't concern you that there can be an inherent conflict of interest?
There's an inherent conflict of interest in plenty of shyt people claiming to be "pro-black" do.

I'm not gone attack any of them. People are free to do what they want.

Like if the guy in the OP funded a community center in a black community, I'm gone come at him for who he chose to marry?

shyt don't make sense to me.

Being pro-black, among other things, means that black issues and the well-being of black people are your #1 priority. How will your non-black spouse feel about that? Are you gonna hope that she somehow will go along with her community being #2, 3, or 4 in your mind all the time?
That's between dude and his wife, he and she says she is, so who are you to judge them?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
There's an inherent conflict of interest in plenty of shyt people claiming to be "pro-black" do.

I'm not gone attack any of them. People are free to do what they want.

Like if the guy in the OP funded a community center in a black community, I'm gone come at him for who he chose to marry?

shyt don't make sense to me.

That's between dude and his wife, he and she says she is, so who are you to judge them?

Who said anything about going at him for his wife if he contributes?

You can help black people while being married to a non-black spouse. Happens everytime. Nothing wrong with that. I don't get at people for marrying interracially.

But if you claim to be pro-black and RBG, and then it turns out you have a non-black spouse, someone will at the least question you about it. That's just what it is. It comes with the territory.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Who said anything about going at him for his wife if he contributes?

You can help black people while being married to a non-black spouse. Happens everytime. Nothing wrong with that. I don't get at people for marrying interracially.

But if you claim to be pro-black and RBG, and then it turns out you have a non-black spouse, someone will at the least question you about it. That's just what it is. It comes with the territory.

A question is fine.

Claiming a person can't be "pro-black" without a black spouse, and then throwing them away is not.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The issue is that there is a dude (in the OP) that claims to be pro-black when he isn't about that life.

If everyone lets that slide, the definition of being pro-black changes. And maybe not for the better.
To be honest most blacks IRL don't even use that term to describe themselves. I doubt the definition will change.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It aint a surprise or coincidence that the posters with non-black spouses or mixed offspring are out here :cape: and playing dumb. Always happens in these type of threads:russell:.
Can you prove this or are you just talking to talk? Maybe people just disagree you know like what happens everyday.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't understand you can't be pro-black and date out. If you are pro-black, you are committed to the advancement of black people. How.are you advancing the race by diluting it? When you marry someone you marry into their family, so now you have a bunch of white family members your allegiance is compromised.
You've now got a white wife/husband and biracial kids, who are likely to also marry out because they weren't raised seeing the importance of valuing black people, culture, and history because they also have white family, they split their time with.

You can still have Black pride/self-love but you are no longer pro-black. Your priorities is no longer there.

You can't teach/preach black beauty, black power, black economics and not put that into practice.

exactly.