Dame Lillard is in an abusive relationship and is fine with it.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We told dame years ago he should have left portland.

He didnt want to listen

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
To me, Dame isn’t even the level of player to where these “he has to leave Portland now or he’ll never win a chip :damn:“ narratives or pressures should even be applied to him…not every player has to be concerned with taking shortcuts to GOATdom, cause honestly that was never in the cards for him in the first place…if he’s content with being a Portland franchise icon, then it is what it is…. Being revered by a true fanbase and being paid the better part of a billion dollars in career earnings ain’t exactly what I would call abuse

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Every All-NBA player isn't going to retire with a ring. Winning a title is harder than a lot of people think.

With that being said, Dame is just doing the PR thing. How's the asking out and refusing to play move working for Ben Simmons? We'll see if the Nets GM decides to trade Harden (another guy that looks he'll retire without a ring) for him, but buddy has already lost millions.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
dame shoots from half court and collects his mills
yall talmbout “winning”

that boy won the second he signed that supermax

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
He got Portland by the balls but the new Gm got duped in two trades within a damn week.

Make it make sense.

And miss me with that( we might have 60 million in space talk) because that's already been proven a lie

I'm off today so I'll wait for your response
How's it a dupe when they shed bad contracts.

CJ's contract was astrocious and s was norm powells.

Not to mention the roster needed to be reconstructed because everyone was undersized.

Everyone is expecting changes to happen overnight or even by the trade deadline like portland is trying still compete this year.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
10 seasons in the league. He hasn't been able to break through because frankly, he's not as good as Curry (and Portland isn't as good a franchise as Golden State) and when GS slipped, he wasn't able to capitalize on it and saw the Lakers steal a title.

Realistically what do people want the Trail Blazers to do? They're not going to attract a big time free agent, they apparently can't tank or it's a "betrayal" or "rebuild' to Lillard, and they haven't drafted well with their mid/late round picks (since 2015: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Justin Jackson, Harry Giles, Anfernee Simons, Nassir Little, Isaiah Stewart -- who was traded for Robert Covington).

Lillard will be 32 in July coming off injury.
Why NOT blow that whole thing up if you're Portland?

:yeshrug:
because rebuilding sucks and it takes a long ass time to do it unless you have a really good GM in place, and they don't have one at all at the moment.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because rebuilding sucks and it takes a long ass time to do it unless you have a really good GM in place, and they don't have one at all at the moment.
Dame has been in the league 10 years.
That’s a long ass time too.

They haven’t won anything with him in that long ass time. What difference does it make if they start over now?

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
How's it a dupe when they shed bad contracts.

CJ's contract was astrocious and s was norm powells.

Not to mention the roster needed to be reconstructed because everyone was undersized.

Everyone is expecting changes to happen overnight or even by the trade deadline like portland is trying still compete this year.

Okay, so they shed money. Dame will be 33 the summer of 23rd. By what year are yall a contender with Dame?

I'll wait