Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He’a got the card of public opinion. Now we all KNOW bow fickle that is but for the moment there’s been no backlash on his end for staunchly refusing to be traded anywhere but Miami. If the court of public opinion remains on his side and his agent is aggressively telling other teams not to bother with a trade that could be enough to sway the Blazer’s front office to say “fukk it” and want to be done with the whole thing before it becomes a debacle
Because nobody gives a shyt what Portland gets back. In good faith, nobody wants Portland to try to rebuild things. What NBA fans want is for Scoot to feel in 3 years how Dame feels now.

We wanna see great players in cosmopolitan settings with contending teams while everyone builds themselves up to eventually join those same cosmopolitan teams later.

Dame is damn near asking for his release.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't think Scoot is in Portland for lack of effort. When the Nets don't wanna deal Bridges, what was the next best thing? Zion? (and NO doesn't seem to be ready to part with him) so what we're learning is that if it wasn't for Wemby, the values of every other pick dropped tremendously.

PG

:devil:
:evil:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Because nobody gives a shyt what Portland gets back. In good faith, nobody wants Portland to try to rebuild things. What NBA fans want is for Scoot to feel in 3 years how Dame feels now.

We wanna see great players in cosmopolitan settings with contending teams while everyone builds themselves up to eventually join those same cosmopolitan teams later.

Dame is damn near asking for his release.

Agree with this 1000 percent. Which leads to my most repeated phrase. Small market teams shouldn't exist, or non destination teams shouldn't exist

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It got him nearly $500 million in guaranteed money
No tears for Dame
Requesting a trade is one thing. People asking Dame to get outta there for years
Requesting a trade to a single team and also demanding they keep certain players (Jimmy & Bam) when you have 4 damn years left on your deal is weak as fukk. There's no reason for Portland to trade their franchise player for complete garbage just cause he doesn't wanna be there anymore.

Also he's a fukking cornball for speaking on other players "running from the grind" just for him to do the same thing.
This and him resigning their are my biggest issues with him demanding a trade. Did he not think that the reason why those players left was because they were in the exact situation he was in? What did he think was going to happen when he resigned? It's going to real interesting to see how people react if he gets traded to the Heat:sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Wow. That’s some bytch nikka shyt right there. Dame is a fukkin lame

Nothing wrong with utilizing whatever leverage you have to get what you want

Take what you can. WHEN you can

Agree with this 1000 percent. Which leads to my most repeated phrase. Small market teams shouldn't exist, or non destination teams shouldn't exist

As long as the fans and the local economy support them, there’s no reason whatsoever why small market teams shouldn’t exist. Its not like Lillard is take the entire team with him out the door. Who knows, maybe they’ll have better luck with Scoot. Or whoever they draft to replace Scoot in 7-8 years. Or after that. If the fans support that means they’re invested in the TEAM right?

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Nothing wrong with utilizing whatever leverage you have to get what you want

Take what you can. WHEN you can

As long as the fans and the local economy support them, there’s no reason whatsoever why small market teams shouldn’t exist. Its not like Lillard is take the entire team with him out the door. Who knows, maybe they’ll have better luck with Scoot. Or whoever they draft to replace Scoot in 7-8 years. Or after that. If the fans support that means they’re invested in the TEAM right?

My stance has always been that you have to be too perfect as a team from a non destination market. You gotta hit on all your draft picks for years, make the right trades and have one of the greatest players of all time to just get one ring possibly. So even after that 15 year run and the legend leaves it's no future paths to success other than doing that miracle thing again.

When other teams can just exist and players will make demands to come there. Like we not even running the same business at this point.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
It’s all subjective. However Boston fans have a reputation of being rude, belligerent, and racist towards opposing players as well as their own. That can not be argued
I’m agreeing with you. Except the last part. How is Portland any different than Boston??

different type of CAC. Boston CACs are unruly and aggressive. Portland cacs are more docile :russ: half them portland CACs are LA transplants that got sick of the traffic. fukk both them places

Daps
I shyt on Dame alot on here but Chris Haynes on his podcast with Marc Stein said some shyt that resonated with me.

He said after they lost in the bubble he wanted out but he didn’t want to shyt on Chauncey Billups. The Blazers just hired him and he wanted to give him a chance as a black coach

He didn’t want to do the sucker shyt like that slouch ass nikka James Harden did when the Rockets hired Stephen Silas :scust:

That slouch ass piece a shyt started wylin and forced his way out of Houston.

Dame is a stand up dude with character

He just needs to stop with all that Instagram bliminals quoting Xscape lyrics and shyt :hhh:

people forget this ... just 3-4 yr ago there were a lot less black head coaches than there is today

chauncey passed on other jobs for this opportunity too, i think it was a good character move by dame to give him a fair shot and not have the consequences of him leaving fall on chauncey's resume

Last edited: