Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I know my breh @BlueHeffner hurting right now.

KhOlfzg.png
DiNuc Gawd would have got the Cowboys Fields :francis:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I stole this post from a thread on CZ about where we will end up in the draft depending on how this weekend unfolds:

In this week's thread I ended the Tank Watch series (thanks to everyone who followed along and joined the discussion) but I have seen some confusion around the board regarding our possible pick after week 17. Here's a quick-and-dirty breakdown of the scenarios.

If Dallas wins, WFT loses
Dallas goes to playoffs and gets the bottom division winner pick.

Best possible pick: 19
Worst possible pick: 32 (how 'bout them cowboys)
Likely pick: 19, projecting 0-1 playoff run

If Dallas wins, WFT wins
There are 4 other 6-9 teams (LAC, NE, MIN, SF). We have the lowest strength of schedule. Starting at 11, we drop one pick in the draft each time one of them loses.

There is a single 7-8 team (LV). LV, picking 16, has a higher strength-of-schedule by a lot so we cannot drop past LV.

Best possible pick: 11
Worst possible pick: 15.
Likely pick: 13 or 14, projecting the 4 teams listed to go 2-2 or 1-3.

If Dallas loses
There are 4 teams at 5-10 (DET, NYG, CAR, DEN). We have a lower SOS than all of them. Starting at 11, we climb one pick each time one of them wins. By default, since we're in the loss scenario, NYG can already be marked as a W, moving us to pick 10

There are 2 teams at 4-10-1 (PHI, CIN). Records will not allow us to pick in front of either.

Best possible pick: 7
Worst possible pick: 10
Likely pick: 9 or 10, projecting the 4 teams listed to go 1-3 or 2-2

My overall projection
Wins from DAL, WFT, NE, MIN.
Losses from SF, LAC.
We pick 14.

Hope that clears it up for everyone!

As it pertains to the talent available, I think you're getting about the same tier of prospect if you win regardless of the other outcomes, and same if you lose. The gaps between players in the back of the top 10 or middle of the first just isn't all that big and is more personal preference than anything.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I’m looking at Wade as CB. I’m not seeing what’s so great as far as a top 10 pick. He can fall to us at 12 or 13.
His 1st year playing outside. He really needs another year of experience playing outside. In the slot the last 2 years he was great. Different animal playing outside and the lack of experience plus lack of reps due to the covid season has shown. I wouldn’t draft him in the 1st

Daps
Reppin
TX
I had a dream Philly beat Washington 55-33 (odd score)

I think we make the playoffs brehs :ohhh:

You fool ! Never reveal dreams or else once there out there, it never comes true !

i had dreams where i kept my mouth shut about em and they come true !!

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Y’all keep thinking Dallas is going to try an move up to get a QB :mjlol: is like MAGA voters thinking Trump won the election.

Get over it. Dak is the present and the future. You really think they’re going to let a proven talent walk, for a rookie? This year has proven one thing. Dak wasn’t the problem.

Dallas has to focus on fixing the DEFENSE.

And the players they gave all that money too need to step the fukk up. Dallas either used high draft picks are traded draft picks to get these players and paid them so they need to earn their money. Dak deserves to get paid. He’s earned it.

Dallas developed Dak. He’s a legit top 10 QB at a minimum. They’re not going to let him walk to see another team reap the rewards.

And oh by the way, let’s say Dallas did make an offer to trade Dak to the Jets, and they agree. Dak would also have to agree to go there as well:mjlol:. If not, he can simply walk after one season, leaving the Jets right back where they started.