Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Skip to the 4:31 mark if y'all wanna see what Colin Cowherd had to say:

:dead: at y'all finally admitting that reupping Zeke to a big contract was a bad idea. Y'all was fighting me so hard on Zeke's contract during training camp last year.

Not me I don't think. But I've gone back and forth on Zeke honestly. :patrice:

I disagree with Colin, I don't think the problem with Jerry is that he's too controlling of the head coach. I think the bigger issue is we don't have a GM that provides no clear vision for the franchise. There's a huge hole there for this organization. It's why you keep throwing shyt at the wall with these archaic defensive coordinators and hoping one of them sticks. It's how you draft a man corner in Claiborne and give 50M to a man corner in Carr and then abruptly switch to a zone scheme. It's how you give 120M+ to a hand in the ground 4-3 defensive end in D-Law and then switch to a scheme requiring him to stand up. No coherent vision for this team.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:

That nikka was going HAM we didnt draft Ramsey :mjlol:

Tell'em :unimpressed:

I kept post this picture :unimpressed:

1-mens-speed-stick-speedmans-playbook-nfl-draft-2016.jpg

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well he was dead wrong about Will McClay.

A lot of these decisions we're discussing in here today lead back to him.

Naw breh. :unimpressed:

Mike Fisher reported that Will McClay and Stephen actually wanted Ramsey over Zeke.

Jerruh, Garrett, and Romo got the final say in drafting Zeke.

Mike Fisher said the draft room was split on the pick and Rod Marinelli conceded to drafting Zeke.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Always felt like we should have drafted Ramsey over Zeke. Top 5 pick, you shoot for guys like Patrick Peterson, Champ Bailey, or Charles Woodson. Even Denzel Ward and Jeff Okudah been popping as top 5 picks.

You don’t draft RB that high unless they’re legit Tomlinson or Peterson type prospects. And even then, they generally have less impact over replacement player than a shutdown DB and take much more punishment, imo.

Zeke at 4 was never a smart decision. I guess they were looking at prolonging Romo’s career and giving him a weapon after the Randle/McFadden/Morris debacle and an elite blitz pickup RB.

Once Romo went down and we handed the keys to Dak, the Zeke selection lost all justification. You don’t build your team around 8-9 figure RBs.

And this dude will NOT have the arc of LT or AD, that much is damn sure.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Anybody know why we went with an offensive minded coach even though they are fixated on Kellen Moore :unimpressed:

McCarthy is here and hasnt even fully implemented his system or call plays :mjtf:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
And to anybody saying tanking is not worth it and “what would we even do with a top 5 pick?” just take a look at the OLine. And DL. And LBs. And DBs.

Literally any blue chip prospect at ANY OL position or on the defensive side of the ball is BADLY needed.

Tank for top 10 pick is only thing that can benefit this franchise this season.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Skip to the 4:31 mark if y'all wanna see what Colin Cowherd had to say:

:dead: at y'all finally admitting that reupping Zeke to a big contract was a bad idea. Y'all was fighting me so hard on Zeke's contract during training camp last year.

He is not the same player he was when he signed. But yeah his deal gets worse by the day...