Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Not even close. Byron Jones pretty much shut down one side of the field. I have never seen teams just not run plays to Lawrence side like they just would not throw at Byron.

I do not think we were willing to pay what the Dolphins did but we should have at least tried. Seems like as soon as free agency started he was out of here.
Jones was cool when he wasn't targeted. I appreciate his time with the Cowboys and I'll leave it at that.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Jones was cool when he wasn't targeted. I appreciate his time with the Cowboys and I'll leave it at that.

I mean his presence is missing. I don’t see how people front on him just because of no interceptions. Damn our secondary garbage and it’s laughable because the organization don’t wanna fix it.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I mean his presents is missing. I don’t see how people front on him just because of no interceptions. Damn our secondary garbage and it’s laughable because the organization don’t wanna fix it.

Jones was a first round draft pick and they did a shytty job developing him. He was 2nd team all pro in the 4th year of his contract when they decide to move him back to corner. Instead of signing him, they picked up a 5th year option. For what? :mindblown: Because they thought he was a one year wonder? And if he caught 10 interceptions then what? The price would've went up even higher. In that same off season, Zeke and Lawrence punked them into new deals. Then they pay Jaylon Smith who up to that point hadn't been to a pro bowl :snoop:

They essentially chose Jaylon Smith over Byron Jones.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Jaylon, Zeke and Tank after having a shytty game:
ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

When them game checks hit direct deposit:
ActualKindheartedAgouti-small.gif

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
It's just with his talent level he should be even more than what he is. He's a beast 6 or 7 games a year somewhat effective in others but it's stretches that he just disappears for games at a time too. If he brings just the effort every week then i'm sure the critics would shut up.

i said resigning him would be a big mistake and spend that money on defense... and now look... we damn last in defense, especially the passing game.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Make sure yall boys tune into the TCU game for future Cowboys safety, Trevon Moehrig today.
BPToG51.png

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I mean his presence is missing. I don’t see how people front on him just because of no interceptions. Damn our secondary garbage and it’s laughable because the organization don’t wanna fix it.
His presence wouldn't mean anything if we're not putting pressure on the QB. He would look worse than Diggs out there having to cover like that. Pass rushers (in coverage) make bad CB's look decent, decent CBs look good and so forth. He would be in the same category with Demarcus Lawrence? and Jaylon Smith as players we paid and ain't doing shyt if he was still here :manny:

Choosing Demarcus Lawrence? over Byron was the right choice. Hindsight is 20/20 but if you're retaining "star" defensive players you start in the trenches. We were right in signing LB and DE over CB but the LB and DE ain't living up

We jumped the gun on Jaylon
Demarcus Lawrence? aint living up
Byron could hav possibly made us 0/3

:manny: