Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a fan of McCarthy. All those season where Rodgers ignnred him and ran his own offense. Dak doesn’t need that. He ain’t Aaron Rodgers presnap or after the snap.

this shyt already frustrating:why: Jones boys goin fukk this shyt up with the coaching staff

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What we should have done:

Drafted Juan Thornhill with our 2nd rounder last year

Let DLaw walk

Trade a 2nd for Clowney (Houston accepted a 3rd from Seattle but they’d likely tax us cause everybody hates us and we’re in-state “rivals”)

Trade a 1st for Minkah

Let Amari walk, bump Cooper to WR1, and draft a WR2 with our 3rd round pick

Franchise Dak

Fire Garrett after the Jets loss and tank out

They could've also had Jamal Adams. You would think they would try to finally get a cornerstone safety after so many failed attempts :snoop:

Jets asked for Zack Martin. Dallas said no. Then they asked for Tyron Smith. Dallas said no.

And for what? I can see not wanting to part with Martin, but both Tyron and Zack will turn 30 this year. Tyron Smith will be entering his 10th season and is hurt every year pretty much. He's on the decline.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Not a fan of McCarthy. All those season where Rodgers ignnred him and ran his own offense. Dak doesn’t need that. He ain’t Aaron Rodgers presnap or afternoon the snap.

this shyt already frustrating:why: Jones boys goin fukk this shyt up with the coaching staff
Probably so that’s why I’m just waiting till I see the breaking news and honeslty how it looks next season. I’m for giving anybody but Jason a chance to return

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably so that’s why I’m just waiting till I see the breaking news and honeslty how it looks next season. I’m for giving anybody but Jason a chance to return
Believe it or not, it’s very possible to take a step back after moving on from Garrett. We can’t just hire anybody for the sake of not seeing Garret again

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Believe it or not, it’s very possible to take a step back after moving on from Garrett. We can’t just hire anybody for the sake of not seeing Garret again
I agree 100 but since we got no control of that I’m just cool waiting. I’m not saying y’all not (I mean this is a Cowboys thread so why wouldn’t you talk Cowboys stuff in here) just I’m not even thinking about this shyt much. Let the leaks tell it they done interviewed some of everybody. fukk all that shyt lol.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

im not gonna lie, im still uneasy by no announcement of him being gone

They would have reputed Werder's report if that's the case. He is gone. I think he's just working up until the 14th like the square he is. Probably leaving the next guy all kinds of PowerPoints, Excel sheets, and of course handy coaching quotes/cliches.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
They would have reputed Werder's report if that's the case. He is gone. I think he's just working up until the 14th like the square he is. Probably leaving the next guy all kinds of PowerPoints, Excel sheets, and of course handy coaching quotes/cliches.
But why wouldnt he want to get out there and interview for another job?

He sucks but you have to believe he at least would be able to garner an interview

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

im not gonna lie, im still uneasy by no announcement of him being gone

The fact that they are interviewing not just retreads, but BAD retreads, is alarming.

McCarthy underachieved with one of the greatest quarterback of all time. He damn near lost to a rookie Dak Prescott in the playoffs.
Marvin Lewis was the black version of Jason Garrett.

When Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry, he hired a rookie NFL head coach from college. Jimmy Johnson was also a winner.
Then he hired Barry Switzer, another rookie NFL head coach and another winner from college.
He hired Chan Gailey when the roster was in decline.
He hired Dave Campo, because he was family (worked for the organization)
He hired Parcells out of desperation, and he was building a billion dollar stadium. He wanted to make sure he sold out.
He hired Phillips because he was a Texas guy and he ran the 3-4. He was basically a stop gap because he didn't anticipate Parcells walking away.
He hired Garrett before Phillips because he was the heir to the HC position.

Now here we are. That's the pattern.

And this is probably the most important hire Jerry Jones will have to make since buying the franchise back in 1989. He can't afford to hire a stop gap coach. They have to nail it.

Urban Meyer would be the most logical choice. More importantly, he knows how to pick Coordinators and has a strong coaching tree

Dan Mullen (Daks College Coach)
Charlie Strong
Steve Addazio (HC at Boston College, new HC at Florida)
Kyle Whittingham (Utah HC)

It's funny because Jason Garrett technically comes from the Nick Saban coaching tree, but unfortunately, he wasn't able to work under him long enough. Garrett may very well have the pedigree of a great Head Coach, but being in Dallas has tainted his potential. This was probably his dream job. Unfortunately he came into the organization as a wet behind the ears rookie, with no cache to stand out. If anything Jerry Jones will always be able to say he made Jason Garrett.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
But why wouldnt he want to get out there and interview for another job?

He sucks but you have to believe he at least would be able to garner an interview
I think he's playing for the Giants job or taking a year off. Giants are interviewing Rhule on Tuesday the 7th. I could easy see them waiting a week to interview Garrett too or Garrett wrapping shyt up early next week and interviewing with them late next week. I don't see him interviewing with any other teams.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
:gucci: Mike McCarthy??!! Fucc No!!!! I'd rather keep Jason Garret over hiring Mike McCarthy. SBNation.com's Brett Kollerman did a good video last season on why the Packers offense was garbage under McCarthy:

He also did a good video this season on why the Packers offense has been fixed & modernized under new head coach Matt Lafleur, but I can't find it.

I’m not saying he my first choice... but he for damn sure better than Garrett or Marvin Lewis and if you read that article someone linked from ESPN he’s been working nonstop to modernize his offense. You could say the same things about him now that people were saying about Payton after NO had 3 straight 7-9 seasons... or Reid before he got Mahomes.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would trade Dak and Zeke and a 1st for deshawn Watson.

Watson

pollard

cooper gallup and Cobb

jarwin and our Oliine would get the job done on offense.