Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who knows bruh. He's never been a Jerruh lover like others are. Jerruh really wanted to go back with Romo in Dak rookie season and some words were probably exchanged and QBs have egos. Chris Broussard said it best. It showed Dak didn't want Dallas. If not for COVID -19 I doubt he would've signed the franchise tag and sat out like most, if not the entire season. Let the nikka go :manny:
Ehh, I don't know man, but it seems like Dak is fine here? I mean, he seems happy AF with all of those Campbell's soup and yogurt commercials, things he wouldn't get if he wasn't the Dallas Cowboys QB.
As we all know, he signed up with that Hollywood agency to represent him and, if I'm not mistaken, they, moreso than any other agency, are all about getting the max contract for their clients.
Dak trying to call in last minute at the deadline to renegotiate seemed like him taking charge and try to make a deal.
Regardless, he'll still make the same amount of money for the next 2 years on the tag and then he'll probably try and reup on something like $42 a yr because that will be the rate then. :snoop:
I think Jerry will break the bank and eventually pay up. Even though there are a lot of Boys fans who want to bush Dak and would rather go the draft route and try and play the lottery there, Jerry is old... he's not going to rebuild and that usually happens when you're searching for another franchise QB.

I don't know breh :yeshrug:, if Dak rejects another contract and walks, I guess we'll have to pray this 6th rd Italian cat has something or try and trade for Stafford, Mayfield or Rosen.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I hope Cam balls out in NE this season. I'll take a flyer
You flipped on him bruh? :gucci:
I've never been a Dak fan, I root for him cause he plays for the Cowboys but I think he's mediocre as hell (and developing). Thing is, it's year 5 and he's still a project demanding elite money. (I ain't hating on the money - I just think it lacks self awareness). I also think there is a ton of QBs that could come in and do what Dak does. Just watching Gallups highlights and seeing how many passes were comeback routes or slants thrown behind him is just :facepalm:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So the Cowboys again offered him between 33-35 million with over 100 million guaranteed per Jane Slater. She also said they don’t do 4 year big money new deals.

In other words, Jerry and Stephen are telling Dak that we aren’t moving off that 5th year. Take it or play on the tag.

If he has a better year than last year, they will have to pay him more money.

Dak knows he has one of the best offensive lines in football and weapons to go along with it. If he has a great year.....

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
I've never been a Dak fan, I root for him cause he plays for the Cowboys but I think he's mediocre as hell (and developing). Thing is, it's year 5 and he's still a project demanding elite money. (I ain't hating on the money - I just think it lacks self awareness). I also think there is a ton of QBs that could come in and do what Dak does. Just watching Gallups highlights and seeing how many passes were comeback routes or slants thrown behind him is just :facepalm:
Did the Gallup highlights show his 11 drops? If he played all 16 games he might have led the league.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Well that was the writing on the wall. Dak will not be a Cowboy if not after next season then the following. Back to QB limbo we go in searching for a competent one.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I wouldn’t say he a project, he is just a fourth round quarterback that was suppose to be a backup and exceeded his expectations in 2016 .

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
If he has a better year than last year, they will have to pay him more money.

Dak knows he has one of the best offensive lines in football and weapons to go along with it. If he has a great year.....

Yeah he had all that last year and the price was capped. Y'all nikkas wishing and hoping on a star this average nikka become something he's not lol.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Who knows bruh. He's never been a Jerruh lover like others are. Jerruh really wanted to go back with Romo in Dak rookie season and some words were probably exchanged and QBs have egos. Chris Broussard said it best. It showed Dak didn't want Dallas. If not for COVID -19 I doubt he would've signed the franchise tag and sat out like most, if not the entire season. Let the nikka go :manny:

Honestly, its two fold.

1. Dak wanna break the bank. His agent wants him to break the bank. At least be at Russell Wilson money
2. From Dallas perspective, maybe they really only want to test him for 1 year under McCarthy. Everyone losing the fact that he played above avg in a basic ass offensive scheme under Garrett. It would be totally unfair to lock that nygga up to some huge deal and we dont even know how he would look in McCarthy offense. In all fairness, new coaches get to pick who they want to QB their team 95% of the time or draft one. It would be unfair to McCarthy to lock him up in some huge deal and we dont even know how he looks in the new system.

Dallas did right. Dalton is the backup plan for now which I am definitely ok with. Dallas can go get somebody else in a year or two.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The key is McCarthy. If Garrett was still here, Cowboys would be in some shyt cause he couldn't coach any QBs up when Romo went down. If McCarthy system is less effective for Dak, then get someone else since McCarthy is proven in the league