Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Looney will be ok at center cause i'm sure that he who will end up starting but damn to lose Frederick is huge. This offseason has not been the best for us but hopefully we can come together as a team have a good draft and hope Mccarthy is an improvement over what we had. Being that the Giants and Redskins are still in the East we should be good as long as we play to our best and fill in out holes in the secondary front four and hopefully find a tight end who can catch run and block. Easier said than done of course.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
It sucks to lose fred but honestly, im not gonna stress over this offense anymore. Looney and or McGovern should be adequate replacements. Its not like we are trotting Phil Costa out there anymore.

$122m spent on the offense and only $71m for the defense...

^^^^ Asinine to me. Having a “good” offense has gotten us nowhere. Spend some goddamn money on the defense and Draft BPA and stop reaching for injury proned players :scust:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It sucks to lose fred but honestly, im not gonna stress over this offense anymore. Looney and or McGovern should be adequate replacements. Its not like we are trotting Phil Costa out there anymore.

^^^^ Asinine to me. Having a “good” offense has gotten us nowhere. Spend some goddamn money on the defense and Draft BPA and stop reaching for injury proned players :scust:

Defense wins game!!

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

A sickly Fredbeard is better than both of them, plus you have to factor in Tyron's decline and Martin's recurring injuries. If I'm Dak I wouldn't step onto that field without a brand new contract.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They made it to the playoffs without Frederick so it's not a big loss.

Tyron's body is breaking down tho. They need to trade him while he still has value.

Like I said before this team should've started to rebuild last season instead of doing it on the fly.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mel Kiper has us taking Lamb at #17. If Lamb is there, I don't think we can pass on him, even though we need defensive help badly. But if we do draft Lamb, we can trade Gallup, this year, or next year before he has to get paid.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
A sickly Fredbeard is better than both of them, plus you have to factor in Tyron's decline and Martin's recurring injuries. If I'm Dak I wouldn't step onto that field without a brand new contract.
Meh

Looney did an adequate job filling in for him in 2018.

All resources need to go to the defense

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trade down, get an extra 3rd and take Delpit.

The question is how far down? Delpit could be gone anywhere from 18-22. And if he is gone, we might get stuck drafting the next Taco Charlton on a reach. At 17, we should be able to draft a day one impact player. I'm worried if we trade down, that will not be the case.