Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Iono brehs.

After the 2016 game @ NYG I thought he was done.

Dropped a pass that led to an int, routes not getting communicated properly which led to an int, and when he finally caught one he fumbled:unimpressed:

I'm not high on Amari either. But Cobb is probably 10x the player Dez is rn so at that point who's targets are he getting?

That same year Dez also Did this and literally put the team on his back erasing a 21 point deficit.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I love Dez

Top 3 Favorite Cowboy ever: (Mike, Romo, Dez), but Id honestly rather see Dez ball out on a team like KC (Watkins role) or the Saints than come here and be WR4. Im not tryna have bumass Dak ruin his reputation even more with his shytty passes

Give me Henry Ruggs at 17 and I roll with

Coop
Gallup
Ruggs
Cobb
Smith

as my receivers. We need more speed on this team

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
If we don't go DEFENSE with most of this draft, what are we doing?

We have spent so many resources for and on offense, it's time to get younger, faster and smarter on the other side of the ball.

Let's pay some attention to playmakers on the defensive side either through free agency or the draft or BOTH!

I know breh doesn't get INTs but Byron Jones is worth a LOT to me...seems like he's JUST hitting his stride and we actually spent a 1st rounder on him. Why let him go for nothing? Dude is an ALL PRO and they hardly throw to him. I'm not big on drafting a safety at 17 either. They play too far off the ball to make an immediate impact. The ones that do usually get drafted quick. I'd rather DL, CB or even LB (if it's there) instead. We gotta go D heavy in this draft though. Spend the same type of resources we have on offense, on the defense.

I'm all for Kinlaw or some other DL at 17...Safety would be down the list for me...hell, even a bomb corner would be sufficient

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
A few days ago Broaddus confirmed a suspicion that I've always wondered about the Cowboys website content. He mentioned that the front office has the final say if an article gets published or not. I noticed that the website published a video of QB highlights from the combine workout yesterday. I don't recall them doing this last year, so part of me believes they're intentionally posted content like that to stir the pot during these negotiations.

:mjlol:

Petty, but I'm here for it.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
If we don't go DEFENSE with most of this draft, what are we doing?

We have spent so many resources for and on offense, it's time to get younger, faster and smarter on the other side of the ball.

Let's pay some attention to playmakers on the defensive side either through free agency or the draft or BOTH!

I know breh doesn't get INTs but Byron Jones is worth a LOT to me...seems like he's JUST hitting his stride and we actually spent a 1st rounder on him. Why let him go for nothing? Dude is an ALL PRO and they hardly throw to him. I'm not big on drafting a safety at 17 either. They play too far off the ball to make an immediate impact. The ones that do usually get drafted quick. I'd rather DL, CB or even LB (if it's there) instead. We gotta go D heavy in this draft though. Spend the same type of resources we have on offense, on the defense.

I'm all for Kinlaw or some other DL at 17...Safety would be down the list for me...hell, even a bomb corner would be sufficient
We've spent equally amount of resources on both sides of the ball defenders just ain't panning out

LVE, J.Smith, Gregory, Taco, Chido, Lewis, Woods, Collins etc were all drafted by us not to mention B.Jones, Demarcus Lawrence

Problem is we've drafted for scheme outside of taking the best Oline a few years in a row but it is what it is.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
We've spent equally amount of resources on both sides of the ball defenders just ain't panning out

LVE, J.Smith, Gregory, Taco, Chido, Lewis, Woods, Collins etc were all drafted by us not to mention B.Jones, Demarcus Lawrence

Problem is we've drafted for scheme outside of taking the best Oline a few years in a row but it is what it is.

Smith was a risk...Gregory is *sigh* Gregory...we've gotten some good value, but I want us to go hard at defense like we've done offense

mulitple first round picks (or given up, Amari) on the O Line and for Zeke. Other than Jones and LVE where have we done that on defense?

I hope this new regime puts an emphasis on the whole team and not just trying to outscore everybody and hold our breath on defense (like we've done for like 5-7 years) I haven't felt confident on us having a defensive stand when we needed it in YEARS.

ARod tore us new ones both times in the playoffs...games that came down to us on defense the last possesion always seemed to go AGAINST us.

I don't want any injury risks or behavior problems at 2nd...I want solid playmakers with good pedigree and character in those top 100 picks. Take your risks in the day 3 guys 4-7...Woods has been aiight same with Lewis (at least he a baller) Chido been ehhh

I forget who said it a few posts back but they right, we need DAWGS. Nate and Jesse say it on the podcasts and it's true. That's all I'm looking for :yeshrug:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
That same year Dez also Did this and literally put the team on his back erasing a 21 point deficit.

That's a whole different issue with the WHOLE ASS TEAM being feast or famine. We have no idea what to expect from game to game and we end up flip flopping the game plan in between drives b/c dudes don't show up.

As it pertains to Dez, I have no problem with him personally but he's going to want snaps so who are you taking off the field to get him targets?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Dez

Top 3 Favorite Cowboy ever: (Mike, Romo, Dez), but Id honestly rather see Dez ball out on a team like KC (Watkins role) or the Saints than come here and be WR4. Im not tryna have bumass Dak ruin his reputation even more with his shytty passes

Coop
Gallup
Ruggs
Cobb
Smith

:what:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I love Dez

Coop
Gallup
Ruggs
Cobb
Smith

:salute:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

Anybody got any intel on him? Never heard of him.

I don't know much about him, but here is what Brugler had to say about him back on Feb. 14 in his pre-combine top 5 offensive tackles article.
Mount Vernon, Iowa (Mount Vernon), junior. Age: 21.25
A three-year starter at Iowa, Wirfs lined up primarily at right tackle in offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz’s pro-style scheme. He became the first true freshman in the Kirk Ferentz era to start at offensive tackle and was considered interchangeable on the left or right sides (played mostly right tackle because Alaric Jackson was a better left tackle than right tackle).

A natural athlete, Wirfs’ background in track (explosiveness) and wrestling (body control) have translated to his football skills, including the importance of training and preparation. While he is still refining his fundamentals, his ability to reset is impressive, rarely losing his center. Overall, Wirfs’ lack of ideal length will push him to guard on some boards, but his big-man twitch, developed power and tendency to always default to his balance are an impressive combination, projecting as a starting tackle or guard in the NFL.
Pre-Combine NFL Draft rankings: Top-heavy offensive tackle...