Dak Does Dallas - The Dallas Cowboys '21 Offseason Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
nikka bold is like giving a nikka props for beating Glass Joe stop it.
He’s had opportunities to take less money several times over the last two years. He bet on himself and held his ground even after a catastrophic injury where most people would have got shook and took anything. He probably gained 20-25M on his contract demands since 2018. That is a huge dub. If it was the other way around and his greed caused him to lose money, everyone would be clowning. They diddn’t even get a discount out of him post-injury. They played dumb and dumber masterfully. They knew Jerry has no intentions of doing a rebuild. I’ve been saying this for months - the leverage has always been with Dak. Jerry is too old for a rebuild and I don’t think the front office trust their ability to find a replacement.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He’s had opportunities to take less money several times over the last two years. He bet on himself and held his ground even after a catastrophic injury where most people would have got shook and took anything. He probably gained 20-25M on his contract demands since 2018. That is a huge dub. If it was the other way around and his greed caused him to lose money, everyone would be clowning. They diddn’t even get a discount out of him post-injury. They played dumb and dumber masterfully. They knew Jerry has no intentions of doing a rebuild. I’ve been saying this for months - the leverage has always been with Dak. Jerry is too old for a rebuild and I don’t think the front office trust their ability to find a replacement.
I'm not speaking for "everybody" on this. I'm speaking for myself so don't care what "everyone" would've clowned on this topic. I'm saying everybody gets freaky on Jerry on contract negotiations so giving him props for something everybody does is bs. I don't touch a dime of that money so I don't give a shyt if he gets 1 dollar or 1billion dollars. I just want the team to win and if he can improve which I seriously doubt I'm all for it.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take slater at 10 and try to recreate 2016? Honestly now that we have paid Dak we might as well give him all the tools he needs. He’s not a guy who can win if not surrounded by great players in my opinion. Defense will be bend don’t break :yeshrug:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take slater at 10 and try to recreate 2016? Honestly now that we have paid Dak we might as well give him all the tools he needs. He’s not a guy who can win if not surrounded by great players in my opinion. Defense will be bend don’t break :yeshrug:

I was thinking the same thing.

Might as well protect your investment.

People want to take about the drop off with Dalton but completely ignore that Dalton was dealing with a trash offensive line.

And Dak is also trash in the pocket to begin with.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I was thinking the same thing.

Might as well protect your investment.

People want to take about the drop off with Dalton but completely ignore that Dalton was dealing with a trash offensive line.

And Dak is also trash in the pocket to begin with.

The thing is Dak could make plays with his legs like score in the endzone. To be honest our offense should be unstoppable in the redzone because of this.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is Dak could make plays with his legs like score in the endzone. To be honest our offense should be unstoppable in the redzone because of this.

Dak isn't as mobile as people might think.

His pocket awareness is below average.

And Dak has also struggled in the red zone.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Nope, no more toys for the offense. That's how they ended up down 21-3 two quarters in to the Packers playoff game in 2016, weak ass defense got bent all game.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope, no more toys for the offense. That's how they ended up down 21-3 two quarters in to the Packers playoff game in 2016, weak ass defense got bent all game.

We can’t fix the defense with one guy and there’s no money to pay for good guys. This is not a super bowl roster with paying our QB this much. 2016 is the best you are gonna get, maybe we get lucky and draft and scheme our way to a mid level defense.