Daisy Ridley to Reprise Role as Rey Skywalker in New ‘Star Wars’ Film

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The imagery of a director like Denis dealing with Kathleen’s bullshyt behind the scenes. :dead:
:russ:

True, i just want them to choose some auteur directors so we can get some unique takes. I do like Filoni and Mangold, I think they’re perfect for some standard Star Wars flicks.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
15 year Time Skip? I personally think they should of time skipped about 50 or 75 years into the future. Have a whole new "Skywalker" Character we've never seen before and new villains. I think the story should be an older Grogu building the new Jedi Order but maybe that's the plan later on. As for Rey getting another shot. Look as an OG Star Wars fan, I think the new Trilogy was the weakest of the bunch. They missed up plot by not making Rey related to Luke. Not writing good endings for Han, Luke or Leia. Also yes they did drop the ball on Finn which after "Awakens" they were building him up to be a Jedi only to just make him a regular human. Also making her somehow related to the Emperor was one of the laziest twist to me. It was like done for shock value. As for her returning.

I think people are confused about something. The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy did not flop. It made over 4.5 Billion between 3 Films. Matter of fact "Rise of Skywalker" was the last Billion Dollar Film before the Pandemic Hit and it took 2 years for "No Way Home" to break that record. "Rogue One" was a success because "The Force Awakens" smashed sh!t and it came right after. "Solo" was the only film that underperformed and that was because they didn't bring Harrison Ford back who's still alive. People weren't sold on seeing a Young Han Solo when they just saw the real Han Solo in "Awakens". So in Disney's mind continuing with Rey is a good business move because of the success. This reminds me of the Prequels. A bunch of Older Star Wars fans saying "The Prequels ruined my childhood". LOL, acting like some losers. If a movie ruined your childhood you didn't have a great one to begin with. Those Prequels did exactly what Lucas wanted. Bring in a whole new generation. Now you have kids that grew up on Anankin and Jar Jar instead of Luke and the Ewoks. This is why the "Obi Wan" show was made and a success because the Prequels Fanbase is now older. This is why "Askoka" is getting her own show because so many kids grew up on the "Clone Wars" Cartoon.

Well now the Sequel Trilogy fanbase is growing up too. Now you have kids that grew up Rey and Finn. My issue with the Sequel Trilogy was the storytelling just wasn't that good. They literally remixed "A New Hope, Empire and Jedi". It just lacked any originality but I also realize the sequel trilogy was not made for me. It was made for new kids growing up today. Hopefully "Star Wars X" will be better. But I'm actually not shocked they are continuing with Rey. The Sequel Trilogy was a success regardless of the criticisms. Also there was way to much crying online about these movies. It wasn't that serious but people were acting like it was end of the world, lol. Some Star Wars Fans can take it way to far with their emotions and how they want these films to go. When Disney brought Star Wars I was the main one this very board that said they should Follow Lucas's outlines. But people were capping for Disney saying saying they can do better than Lucas, LOL. The Prequels are lightyears better than anything Disney has done. (Though I did enjoy Awakens (A new Hope Remix), Rogue One and Mandolarian)

FsqCs08WwAAiZLr
Thank you

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
20% drop in viewership and that's just the first 3 episodes... :picard:

The show has been progressively getting worse with the WOAT episode of the series just airing...

I thought it was just me but I can’t get past episode 2. I don’t see why they brought Grogu back to be honest. We already watched the storyline of Mando protecting Grogu. It’s no longer interesting

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
@Rapmastermind 'The Rise of Skywalker' made $1B but it was down 50% from 'The Force Awakens.' It was down from the $1.3B that 'The Last Jedi' made as well. That's not a good trend.

Yes it dropped.....Most Trilogies in general drop as the series goes on though there are outliners that increased like "John Wick". Even "Age of Ulton" dropped form "Avengers". It happens. All Three Sequel Trilogy Films made over a Billion. Also all of them made 500 Million or more at the Domestic Box Office which is a box Office Record for a Trilogy (No Trilogy has ever done that) Star Wars Trilogies have always performed the same for the most part. The first film Explodes, "A New Hope, Menace, Awakens". The 2nd Film dips in Box office "Empire, Clones, Last Jedi". Then the final film picks up only slightly. (Sith, Return). But in "The Rise of Skywalker" case, it didn't outgross "The Last Jedi". Original Trilogy (Up, Down, Up). Prequel Trilogy (Up, Down, Up). Sequel Trilogy (Up, Down, Down).

Also all those films were two years apart from each other and with two Spin Off Films released during that time too. I think the Sequel Trilogy overall performed well considering the competition and so many Star Wars films being released in a 6 years period. Rogue One" did a Billion right in the mix of it as well. Were as Lucas always made us wait a long time in-between Episodes. The bottom line Rey Skywalker has a 4.5 Billion Trilogy where she's the lead character. Why are people surprised they want to continue with her going forward? Because some people on the internet don't like her? LOL, most of people complaining about Rey are Grown a$$ Men who aren't even the target demo for her character. Money talks folks. She's popular with a target demo (Young Girls, Teen Girls). That's just the reality regardless of the online criticisms of her character.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Disney already told you what it is with a key line:

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It's the only way to become who you were meant to be.

Read that several times and truly absorb what that's about. Disney is openly telling you that whatever came before doesn't matter, whatever you loved about Star Wars doesn't matter, they will burn everything you knew to ashes - Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Boba Fett, Obi Wan, ALL belittled and/or killed off in the most laughably clumsy ways imaginable - just so Disney can have a clear field to use the IP to build from scratch to propagandize people their way. The best way to do that? Don't honour nor cherish what came before, don't even respect it. Kill it so we can substitute ourselves as the authority.

They had to take a hard detour with the shift to streaming and COVID, and very much due to the backlash they've gotten with that goofy sequel trilogy, but make no mistake: their game is still their game.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Disney already told you what it is with a key line:

Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It's the only way to become who you were meant to be.

Read that several times and truly absorb what that's about. Disney is openly telling you that whatever came before doesn't matter, whatever you loved about Star Wars doesn't matter, they will burn everything you knew to ashes - Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Boba Fett, Obi Wan, ALL belittled and/or killed off in the most laughably clumsy ways imaginable - just so Disney can have a clear field to use the IP to build from scratch to propagandize people their way. The best way to do that? Don't honour nor cherish what came before, don't even respect it. Kill it so we can substitute ourselves as the authority.

They had to take a hard detour with the shift to streaming and COVID, and very much due to the backlash they've gotten with that goofy sequel trilogy, but make no mistake: their game is still their game.
But they're literally not doing that by keeping stories and characters from before alive literally and figuratively in storyline for new films.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:snoop:Every time I think about the sequels. The more I feel bad for John Boyega. Homie had a dope start with Attack the Block. And then landed himself in one of the biggest franchises ever. Only to be met with racism, and a disappointing character. Finn on paper is a dope character. A rebellious stormtrooper who’s maybe force sensitive. But nope make that bruh the comedy relief. Hopefully the brother ain’t blackballed for standing his ground.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
But they're literally not doing that by keeping stories and characters from before alive literally and figuratively in storyline for new films.

Cherry picked, yes.

And "for what purpose" is a question yet to be answered. Going by the watering-down already on display, for nothing good.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Cherry picked, yes.

And "for what purpose" is a question yet to be answered. Going by the watering-down already on display, for nothing good.
Breh, wtf are you talking about? Don't try to do some "over stand" shyt with me.

This is a movie studio out to get money and they think going back to the well that these nerds their fans keep drinking from is a way to do it. New stories are risky which is why there are so few in Hollywood. It's real simple.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
:snoop:Every time I think about the sequels. The more I feel bad for John Boyega. Homie had a dope start with Attack the Block. And then landed himself in one of the biggest franchises ever. Only to be met with racism, and a disappointing character. Finn on paper is a dope character. A rebellious stormtrooper who’s maybe force sensitive. But nope make that bruh the comedy relief.

And a garbage man. They made the only Black character in the movie...a garbage man.

Not a spy, a medic, an engineer, a mechanic (Which Rey magically is), a leader (Which Rey is), a scientist, or a pilot (Which Rey also magically is). But a sanitation worker.

And JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy were definitely deliberately :mjpls: with that.

And when his character did the typical Hollywood bit of "let me take the hand of the woman I'm with as we run from the bad guys" in the beginning of the film and Rey angrily said let go of my hand...so it was obvious what time it was :mjpls:

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Breh, wtf are you talking about? Don't try to do some "over stand" shyt with me.

This is a movie studio out to get money and they think going back to the well that these nerds their fans keep drinking from is a way to do it. New stories are risky which is why there are so few in Hollywood. It's real simple.

This is a movie studio out to profit and also position themselves as the main arbiter of popular culture. That's what Disney has always been about. They've bought something that they know people are viscerally plugged plugged into form their childhoods and are manipulating it into something else entirely.

If you don't want to see it, then you won't. That's on you.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is a movie studio out to profit and also position themselves as the main arbiter of popular culture. That's what Disney has always been about. They've bought something that they know people are viscerally plugged plugged into form their childhoods and are manipulating it into something else entirely.

If you don't want to see it, then you won't. That's on you.
But they literally AREN'T doing that in this case. That's my point. With star wars specifically they're rehashing old tropes, reviving characters digitally, copying character types, and pumping out the same shyt. So, how are they burning the past or manipulating anything star wars related when everything they've done is derivative so far..?