@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
No, it doesn't actually.

Physical and sexual abuse of prisoners, similar to what has been uncovered in Iraq, takes place in American prisons with little public knowledge or concern, according to corrections officials, inmates and human rights advocates.

Napoleon said:
And since this is your answer, lets clarify that you think that this justifies it being in the bible?

Sure, just like car accidents, terrorist attacks and births/deaths should be in newspapers and history books.​

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
No one in this thread is justifying slavery as defined 2,000 years AFTER the text was written.​

By defending the text , you condone it.

That's because it wouldn't be in that text. It would be in judicial documents. They actually had courts back then.
Of the most plausible cases above, two (A, D) are from the Patriarchal period, one reflects Egyptian practice (F), and another the practice of Persian Jews of the Exilic or post-Exilic period (J). From the pre-Exilic period there is a possible case alleged by the Chronicler to have taken place in the time of David (M), one or two other remotely possible cases (G) and (K), the latter from the late pre-Exilic or Exilic period) and the "posthumous adoption" involved in levirate marriage (N). The evidence for adoption in the pre-Exilic period is thus meager. The possibility that adoption was practiced in this period cannot be excluded, especially since contemporary legal documents are lacking. Nevertheless, it seems that if adoption played any role at all in Israelite family institutions, it was an insignificant one. It may be that the tribal consciousness of the Israelites did not favor the creation of artificial family ties and that the practice of polygamy obviated some of the need for adoption. For the post-Exilic per-iod in Palestine there is no reliable evidence for adoption at all.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0001_0_00486.html

LOL, I'm a Theological Noncognitivist so I have no doctrine save follow the evidence wherever it goes.

The text doesn't condone slavery as it came to be in Colonial America. That argument is weak and thoroughly refuted by archaeology.

The Constitution of the United States on the other hand..........:whistle:

I'm so very sorry to bring this up again, but it has been repeatedly brought to your attention some 10 or more dozen quotes from your doctrine

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Sure, just like car accidents, terrorist attacks and births/deaths should be in newspapers and history books.​

6bn1OrE.png

CxJMg6R.gif

We're talking about the bible.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I saw this beef coming

@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited is confused... Just say you believe breh. nikkas will respect you more :mjlol:
That's the most annoying part breh.. This dude has been going back and forth with posters for years between :hamster: and here caping for Christianity, then turning around like "but it ain't like I'm a Christian tho :mjpls:"

Like come on breh