@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
You aren't even in the right mindset for me to try to attempt to explain it to you....

I doubt anyone has a mindset to hear anything justifying slavery.

Oh, because that was how they structured adoptions and marriages as well as servants.

:snooze:

Ephesians 1:5 ESV / 86 helpful votes
He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Galatians 4:5-7 ESV / 71 helpful votes
To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

Matthew 18:5 ESV / 55 helpful votes
“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,

Romans 9:8 ESV / 46 helpful votes
This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.

John 1:12 ESV / 38 helpful votes
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

1 John 3:1 ESV / 32 helpful votes
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Romans 8:14-19 ESV / 32 helpful votes
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. ...

Galatians 3:26 ESV / 28 helpful votes
For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

1 John 3:2 ESV / 27 helpful votes
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

Esther 2:7 ESV / 22 helpful votes
He was bringing up Hadassah, that is Esther, the daughter of his uncle, for she had neither father nor mother. The young woman had a beautiful figure and was lovely to look at, and when her father and her mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter.

Acts 7:21 ESV / 21 helpful votes
And when he was exposed, Pharaoh's daughter adopted him and brought him up as her own son.

Psalm 27:10 ESV / 20 helpful votes
For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in.

John 1:13 ESV / 16 helpful votes
Who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 8:23 ESV / 14 helpful votes
And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Ephesians 1:1-23 ESV / 13 helpful votes
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, ...

Romans 8:15 ESV / 13 helpful votes
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Ephesians 2:19 ESV / 12 helpful votes
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,

Hebrews 2:13 ESV / 11 helpful votes
And again, “I will put my trust in him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children God has given me.”

Ephesians 3:6 ESV / 11 helpful votes
This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Revelation 21:7 ESV / 9 helpful votes
The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

James 1:27 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Philippians 2:15 ESV / 9 helpful votes
That you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

Exodus 2:5-10 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Now the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river, while her young women walked beside the river. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her servant woman, and she took it. When she opened it, she saw the child, and behold, the baby was crying. She took pity on him and said, “This is one of the Hebrews' children.” Then his sister said to Pharaoh's daughter, “Shall I go and call you a nurse from the Hebrew women to nurse the child for you?” And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, “Go.” So the girl went and called the child's mother. And Pharaoh's daughter said to her, “Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages.” So the woman took the child and nursed him. ...

1 John 3:1-4 ESV / 8 helpful votes
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

Jeremiah 1:5 ESV / 8 helpful votes
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Galatians 4:5 ESV / 7 helpful votes
To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Galatians 3:29 ESV / 7 helpful votes
And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

Romans 9:26 ESV / 7 helpful votes
“And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

Romans 8:1-39 ESV / 7 helpful votes
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. ...

Matthew 12:50 ESV / 7 helpful votes
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Proverbs 14:26 ESV / 7 helpful votes
In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.

Genesis 48:16 ESV / 7 helpful votes
The angel who has redeemed me from all evil, bless the boys; and in them let my name be carried on, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.”

Romans 8:29 ESV / 6 helpful votes
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Acts 15:17 ESV / 6 helpful votes
That the remnant of mankind may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who are called by my name, says the Lord, who makes these things

Jeremiah 3:19 ESV / 6 helpful votes
“‘I said, How I would set you among my sons, and give you a pleasant land, a heritage most beautiful of all nations. And I thought you would call me, My Father, and would not turn from following me.

Isaiah 49:15 ESV / 6
“Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

Isaiah 43:7 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”

Isaiah 43:6 ESV / 6 helpful votes

You see, in all of the verses that retain to adoption , I have not found one having the word "sell" or "property" in them. not one except for the quote that I gave you earlier and that was on the condition that slave did not "please" her master and that she married her masters son.:scust::scust:

Any who , you refuse to see the fact that your doctrine accepted and condoned slavery - both in the new and the old testament. Its almost like you are playing the game cognitive dissonance, in which the player becomes an apologist for a 3000 year old book that was used as an tool of our bondage........

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
lotuseater80 said:
I doubt anyone has a mindset to hear anything justifying slavery.

No one in this thread is justifying slavery as defined 2,000 years AFTER the text was written.​

lotuseater80 said:
You see, in all of the verses that retain to adoption , I have not found one having the word "sell" or "property" in them.

That's because it wouldn't be in that text. It would be in judicial documents. They actually had courts back then.
lotuseater80 said:
not one except for the quote that I gave you earlier and that was on the condition that slave did not "please" her master and that she married her masters son.

Which doesn't mean much of anything.

lotuseater80 said:
Any who , you refuse to see the fact that your doctrine accepted and condoned slavery

LOL, I'm a Theological Noncognitivist so I have no doctrine save follow the evidence wherever it goes.

The text doesn't condone slavery as it came to be in Colonial America. That argument is weak and thoroughly refuted by archaeology.

The Constitution of the United States on the other hand..........:whistle:

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Breh in that post you only addressed the OT/NT debate. You didn't even touch the verses condoning slavery in the NT :dahell:

Look at @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited
ani-wonder_deflection.gif