@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
And what does this have to do with beating them, organizing how they SOLD, and maintaining them as PROPERTY?

Family and property law sometimes overlapped as I posted previously. If you bothered to even read, you wouldn't ask such a stupid question.​

Napoleon said:
You're not getting the point here you little shytstain

oprah_you_mad_gif_zpse9e75f86.gif

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Ya nikkas fail to realize this was B.C time , you really believe their concept of life was as civilized as now ? :mjlol: Nobody is justifying it but ya subtly trying to equate it like the Atlantic slave trade to slander Christianity when it wasn't even no where near inhumane as that , but continue to reach B . :mjlol:

I'm trying to figure out how they keep missing that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Family and property law sometimes overlapped as I posted previously. If you bothered to even read, you wouldn't ask such a stupid question.​

So we're pretending ancient people in nile had "family law?"

The fukk you think this is? Judge Judy?

Those were slaves who were treated like absolute shyt and you can't bring yourself to admit this.

ESPECIALLY at a time when human rights were a joke

Daps
Im not a bible basher at all but im curious about one thing. Everytime the horrible stuff in the old testament is brought up im told things changed and not to go by that anymore.

So if im at church and the pastor gives the pre scripture before his sermon and its in the old testament, am I supposed to ignore it and walk out?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Napoleon said:
So we're pretending ancient people in nile had "family law?"

Why pretend when it is a documented fact of history?
Napoleon said:
Those were slaves who were treated like absolute shyt and you can't bring yourself to admit this.

Sorry, but there were laws specifically AGAINST maltreatment of slaves........unlike what went on in Colonial America.​

Napoleon said:
ESPECIALLY at a time when human rights were a joke

Human rights didn't begin to develop until the 12th Century CE if I'm not mistaken.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Frank Lucas said:
Im not a bible basher at all but im curious about one thing. Everytime the horrible stuff in the old testament is brought up im told things changed and not to go by that anymore.

So if im at church and the pastor gives the pre scripture before his sermon and its in the old testament, am I supposed to ignore it and walk out?

Nah, you should realize that people have been fukked-up for eons but they can change.​

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why pretend when it is a documented fact of history?

Sorry, but there were laws specifically AGAINST maltreatment of slaves........unlike what went on in Colonial America.​

Human rights didn't begin to develop until the 12th Century CE if I'm not mistaken.​

The problem is owning slaves you motherfukking slug!!!!

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I can destroy this criticism very easily. Focus your attention to the following verses......​

Deut. 9:15

So I turned and came down from the mount, and the mount burned with fire: and the two tables of the covenant were in my two hands.​

This is when Moses first received the Ten Commandments and the Nation of Israel was brought under the Mosaic Law.

1 Kings 8:21

And I have set there a place for the ark, wherein is the covenant of the LORD, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.

This is when King Solomon finished the First Temple in Israel.

Now, turn your attention to......

Galatians 3: 23-25

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

This is made even more apparent when reading Hebrews.......

Hebrews 8:6-13

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Jesus' death is how the 'new Covenant' was signed for Christians. The reason you couldn't understand was because you have neither read the entire text nor have you read it in-context.
:snooze:
It's not that I haven't read it or read it in context. It's that, philosophically, I cannot get behind the idea that God's own word can just change. The idea that God's word can evolve fundamentally betrays what you claim God's very nature to be. But let's say for instance that it can. Am I supposed to take the word of some a$$hole named "Paul" writing letters to different groups of Jews telling them how to live their lives? Jesus himself said "I did not come to abolish the law", so why is Paul's bullshyt taken as gospel?

But anyway, that's beside the original point. You say I haven't read the whole thing or read out of context, but you cherry pick what you like. You glean what you want to out of the Bible, but you don't understand the implications of all these contradictions. Notice you didn't even ATTEMPT to address the multiple instances of slave-owning and slave-beating promoted in the New Testament, some written by your boy Paul himself. Because you have no answer. You only get what you want to get out of the book and ignore the rest.

So even if I accept your premise that Jesus abolished the Old Testament, even though he said himself that he did not, there are still MANY instances in the New Testament that demonstrate ownership, mistreatment, and beating of slaves. You can't deny this. You didn't even try. So we can go back and forth about the validity of the OT if we want, but there is still plenty of savagery in the NT, so it doesn't matter.

You have no argument here, at all, whatsoever. But Christians' desperate need for a sense of moral superiority will make you forever cling to the ideas taught to you as a child that "Christian" and "good" are somehow synonyms. It's disgusting.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

No, you're supposed to ignore it when it inconveniently contradicts the moral superiority Christians want to claim for themselves. But then you are supposed to support it and quote it and study it and live by the parts that AREN'T abhorrent to our human sensibilities.

God being a Christian must suck, walking around 24/7 with raging cognitive dissonance

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
resurrection said:
It's not that I haven't read it or read it in context. It's that, philosophically, I cannot get behind the idea that God's own word can just change.

I don't read the text as 'G-d's own word'. I read it just like any other literature according to its type.​

resurrection said:
The idea that God's word can evolve fundamentally betrays what you claim God's very nature to be.

I have no idea what 'G-d' is so there's no possible way for me to claim anything about it.
resurrection said:
But let's say for instance that it can. Am I supposed to take the word of some a$$hole named "Paul" writing letters to different groups of Jews telling them how to live their lives? Jesus himself said "I did not come to abolish the law", so why is Paul's bullshyt taken as gospel?

Well, he put it to a couple of the original apostles and Jesus' family beforehand in Acts. If it was good enough for them.............:manny:
resurrection said:
But anyway, that's beside the original point. You say I haven't read the whole thing or read out of context, but you cherry pick what you like.

No. What I do is respond to questions about the text with the text.​

resurrection said:
You glean what you want to out of the Bible, but you don't understand the implications of all these contradictions. Notice you didn't even ATTEMPT to address the multiple instances of slave-owning and slave-beating promoted in the New Testament, some written by your boy Paul himself. Because you have no answer. You only get what you want to get out of the book and ignore the rest.

I answered it. Scroll up.
resurrection said:
So even if I accept your premise that Jesus abolished the Old Testament, even though he said himself that he did not,

What happens when you 'fulfill' a contract? You get another one.
resurrection said:
there are still MANY instances in the New Testament that demonstrate ownership, mistreatment, and beating of slaves. You can't deny this. You didn't even try.

That's because the text teaches to treat ALL humans equally. In order to do that, the maltreatment is recorded so people know what NOT to do.
resurrection said:
So we can go back and forth about the validity of the OT if we want, but there is still plenty of savagery in the NT, so it doesn't matter.

We could, but it'd be a waste of my time since you obviously have an agenda and I'm not cooperating with it.
resurrection said:
You have no argument here, at all, whatsoever.

That's just, you know, your opinion.
resurrection said:
But Christians' desperate need for a sense of moral superiority will make you forever cling to the ideas taught to you as a child that "Christian" and "good" are somehow synonyms. It's disgusting.

Actually, what's 'disgusting' is the fact that without religion, you wouldn't know what 'morals' are in the first place.

:sas2: