Da fukk. Japan government just stopped using Floppy disks???!

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Nah, just spamming that post in particular. It's Nature Journal and it tries to stay neutral.

I hate the direction our country is even considering going and diving deeper into. Pointing out other countries' success and our decline is good for us.

It is what it is. We got a lot of shyt to figure out here as we treat STEM work and STEM workers like ass that we take for granted.

Being as that's my field, I feel obligated to call it out. It's kind of wack the glory days were back in 2015, nearly 10 years ago, right before we elected Trump - who half the population wants to elect yet again. If that happens, we're not recovering from it by the end of our lifetime.

It's so troubling people in this country are as she describes:

what field of STEM are you in

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
what field of STEM are you in
Computer Science (have a degree in it) and about to finish my degree in Electrical Engineering next year. Only have 3 more core courses left for the latter and some electives. I want to work on embedded systems/hardware hopefully after I finish that last Electronics and Embedded Systems course.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Computer Science (have a degree in it) and about to finish my degree in Electrical Engineering next year. Only have 3 more core courses left for the latter and some electives. I want to work on embedded systems/hardware hopefully after I finish that last Electronics and Embedded Systems course.

:blessed:gon' make it happen breh. You got this.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:blessed:gon' make it happen breh. You got this.
Appreciate it breh, just trying to hold strong and light a fire by pointing out the urgency.

I don't want to make it seem like I hate this country and love other countries more or that STEM is the most important work in the world. I think honestly other industries and fields should be paid just as much. I rather lift other fields up to our level rather than bring our's down. Other work is just as important.

People like Trump who want to dismantle science, research, etc. because it makes them uncomfortable is inexcusable and completely counter to what science is about.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Reminds me of this post I read yesterday:

levelsio knows their shyt too.

Lowkey that stuff about web and apis, it now makes sense why some of their websites look so old and have so many problems.

I get mad all the time at Square Enix's web site and store. Also why tf can't I bring my FFXIV character to the Steam platform of the game?!

That probably explains it. It is somewhat good though: you don't want to get too stupid with API calls, keep as much local as possible.

That said, China has lapped Japan so bad it's not even funny.

Many Asian countries don't look at Japan as some "shining example" of what to be. They're not the role model of the region at all and why you have many Asian countries and much of the Oceania continent on the fence regarding Western influence. 80 years after WW2 and those Asian countries aren't doing so great vs what some of these other Asian countries have done for themselves.

China has more money to play with. Japan is still very innovative. Those tweets don't tell the whole story. Even the stuff about people not rating Japan as futuristic is not true. There's aspects where they are far ahead and in other ways behind but they still innovate. China steals others ideas and expounds on them.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
IBM_AS-400_9406-730.jpg
CRTUSRPRF-Additional.png

shyt like this is still being used in the US right now :beli:
We clowning Japan like the U.S. wasn't storing nuclear codes on floppy disk until 2019.

:mjlol:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah, just spamming that post in particular. It's Nature Journal and it tries to stay neutral.

I hate the direction our country is even considering going and diving deeper into. Pointing out other countries' success and our decline is good for us. Truth is I hate defending other countries and would much rather brag about ours as my brother and many uncles were in the U.S Military in all branches.

It is what it is. We got a lot of shyt to figure out here as we treat STEM work and STEM workers like ass that we take for granted.

Being as that's my field, I feel obligated to call it out. It's kind of wack the glory days were back in 2015, nearly 10 years ago, right before we elected Trump - who half the population wants to elect yet again. If that happens, we're not recovering from it by the end of our lifetime. I honestly think that's the case and don't want to doom the next 30-40 years.

It's so troubling people in this country are as she describes:

Like, that culture she describes is ASS.

This is what the politically illiterate don't understand. The fallout from Trump election will outlive that fool by decades and be worse if he gets in again. He is setting the country back for majority of anyone today's children's future. As they come of age they will still be dealing with the effects of the maga wave. But fools position both sides like they are the same. The real wake up call will be when that dollar starts declining. That's gonna smack Americans in the face. The American dollar being standard for commodity exchanges and so forth is already being challenged around the globe.

:ufdup:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is what the politically illiterate don't understand. The fallout from Trump election will outlive that fool by decades and be worse if he gets in again. He is setting the country back for majority of anyone today's children's future. As they come of age they will still be dealing with the effects of the maga wave. But fools position both sides like they are the same. The real wake up call will be when that dollar starts declining. That's gonna smack Americans in the face. The American dollar being standard for commodity exchanges and so forth is already being challenged around the globe.

Like legit, someone posted last month that some Red states have knocked back policies that have been working terrific for the last 40 years. Completely threw them away and made people's lives worse.

That's not "going forward" or "progressing". Can someone answer how the fukk is that going forward?? Literally rocked back 40 years. The abortion thing, DEI, etc.

Literally going backwards af.

Trump going in for another 4-8 years is pretty much the curtain call for the next half century.

It's not like we'll ever get into a war or anything either. Nobody wants mutually assured destruction so we'll avoid physical conflict.

It'll just be decades of backbreaking work, high inflation, hard to find jobs because they've been outsourced for cheap labor as we continue to build other countries' middle classes, our colleges will have critical departments gutted (West Virginia University got rid of their entire Math Department), etc. It'll just be a really shytty country to live in with day-after-day of struggle with Republicans policies everywhere.

They're basically mad that everyone are beating white men in education/school. However, that kind of competition means the best of the best are raising the ceiling. Now they put all these policies up so that their mid ass can go to college and flunk out? It doesn't work that way if you're trying to be #1. You have to beat the man to be the man. Saltiest people on the planet.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
China has more money to play with. Japan is still very innovative. Those tweets don't tell the whole story. Even the stuff about people not rating Japan as futuristic is not true. There's aspects where they are far ahead and in other ways behind but they still innovate. China steals others ideas and expounds on them.
Point of this thread imo is Japan aint the only one

These nikkas don't see or been through nothing… “tech” like what i showed is still being used here regularly… regularly enough to where they will fly you out to some podunk city just to train and repair it.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

Education and the things you just pointed out was all shyt that was happening before trump, America was already set on this course it seems decades ago

Let’s speak on everything and not just trump