Da fukk. Japan government just stopped using Floppy disks???!

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Side note.

It's funny, you see these hackers cracking all types of passwords and on the internet that look like:
h;kajsh df087 ^T(^&RF OHJL-Bfdaks ufpypsa dfiuy0*%*^%ED-UTFG VLUGP*&

Somehow they find ways to bypass biosecurity as well.

Yet we think our 9-digit social security number is good protection with the last four digits we enter all the time out in the open on forms :mjlol:

Genius infrastructure I tell you :heh:

Last edited:

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Japan went through a hard recession in the 90s. The country basically stopped in its tracks in the beginnings of the computer age. This shows in a LOT of ways.

They still have a lot of the best brands in the world for consumers. Visited Tokyo briefly , was way more efficient than anywhere in the states.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

2022 now

For a country that’s so advanced :mjtf:
Last time I used Floppy disks was in the early 2000s trying to copy a snes or gba rom onto it when we didn’t have internet and the rom was too big for it :dead:

And our big homey @Trojan 24 just stopped using condoms too…..

Things change with the times at their own rate:mjgrin:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Years ago I saw a post on Reddit that the US government nuclear systems still run on decades old technology.

Apparently it's a security thing where it's safer.
I didn’t see a Reddit post but i do remember seeing a video about this.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Reminds me of this post I read yesterday:

levelsio knows their shyt too.

Lowkey that stuff about web and apis, it now makes sense why some of their websites look so old and have so many problems.

I get mad all the time at Square Enix's web site and store. Also why tf can't I bring my FFXIV character to the Steam platform of the game?!

That probably explains it. That said, you don't want to get too stupid with API calls, keep as much local as possible.

That said, China has lapped Japan so bad it's not even funny.

Many Asian countries don't look at Japan as some "shining example" of what to be. They're not the role model of the region at all and why you have many Asian countries and much of the Oceania continent on the fence regarding Western influence.

THIS X100

In terms of technology is so fukkin far behind it’s unreal. Websites are still built with Nokia phones in mind. They’re struggling to catch up to Web 2.0 :russ:

Japan does innovate, they refine.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Im atill using windows 7 cause if i update ill lose all my vsts in my pc which wont be supported by 10. Sometimes ya gotta floppy

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
China has had many skyscrapers up for decades with no problems. The building problems bs is overblown at this point.

Unless of course the official, much respected Nature Science Journal is BS now :mjlol: :heh:

This ain't the 90's or 2000's anymore.

Meanwhile our country has a party that HAS put policies in place that have undone 30-50 years of progress and currently trying to elect leadership that is literally trying to set it back about 80 years in the worst ways possible.

You seem to love that SL Kantham shill account since you spam it everywhere lol.

China's GDP is largely on the back of infrastructure (hello belt road initiative) so of course they build for the sake of building and its why their economy is ailing but that isn't a sign of them being in the "future" when its not evenly distributed and the overwhelming majority of their citizens live in slums or rural backwaters.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
THIS X100

In terms of technology is so fukkin far behind it’s unreal. Websites are still built with Nokia phones in mind. They’re struggling to catch up to Web 2.0 :russ:

Japan does innovate, they refine.
i keep trying to tell people japan is one big PR stunt :mjlol: they still stamping documents and acting like digital signatures are heresy

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You seem to love that SL Kantham shill account since you spam it everywhere lol.

China's GDP is largely on the back of infrastructure (hello belt road initiative) so of course they build for the sake of building and its why their economy is ailing but that isn't a sign of them being in the "future" when its not evenly distributed and the overwhelming majority of their citizens live in slums or rural backwaters.
Nah, just spamming that post in particular. It's Nature Journal and it tries to stay neutral.

I hate the direction our country is even considering going and diving deeper into. Pointing out other countries' success and our decline is good for us. Truth is I hate defending other countries and would much rather brag about ours as my brother and many uncles were in the U.S Military in all branches.

It is what it is. We got a lot of shyt to figure out here as we treat STEM work and STEM workers like ass that we take for granted.

Being as that's my field, I feel obligated to call it out. It's kind of wack the glory days were back in 2015, nearly 10 years ago, right before we elected Trump - who half the population wants to elect yet again. If that happens, we're not recovering from it by the end of our lifetime. I honestly think that's the case and don't want to doom the next 30-40 years.

It's so troubling people in this country are as she describes:

Like, that culture she describes is ASS.

Last edited: