Cyberpunk sells 18M copies, Witcher 3 40m+, CDPR plans for expansions

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not to the extent of cyberpunk. There was a race for who can trash the game the worst.

PS5 seemingly has a crashing problem. Most big games have had crashing issue since launch,

Cyberpunk gets all the smoke tho

And you still dont have a ps5. Just two buttt cheeeks flapping and words coming out

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
But you're defending this and are ultimately part of the problem. Cyberpunk took so long development wise that the PS4 and XB1 were still going strong. CDPR should have realized early the limitations of the hardware and punted to the next generation. On top of that, they cut out a ton of content just go gold and the game was still broken at launch. We aren't talking about something that's resolved with a patch or two. It's indefensible. I said it for Battlefield 2042 and I'll say it for Cyberpunk. Both EA/Dice and CDPR knew the games weren't ready to go, they released them anyway and the customers got left holding the bag. How many people who bought in November, came back around months later? They likely ate the loss and moved on.

you can call me "part of the problem" but neither battlefield or cyberpunk caused any problems for me
I didnt read into what cyberpunk didnt offer because I didnt buy into the hype in the first place, I took what they gave when it came out

I do agree it was 100% shytty to drop the game on Ps4 and Xbox One if it was mostly tuned for next generation consoles instead, but I mean realistically thats obviously the case in most things.... its just shytty they didnt say it runs like a cassette tape in those shyts

I still dont know what people are complaining about on battlefield, no scoreboard? I played since before launch and enjoy it... you can literally customize matches
its way more casual which doesnt matter... its not like you're gonna win money with a K/D ... people complain about classes, you can put any gun on any class... the gimmicky shyt like sentry gun and wingsuit dont matter if you just play regular and shoot the people

only thing wrong is they need twice the amount of maps

I'm not defending or saying people should like or not love something. I just dont see the point in caring when most games follow the same formula

people on here literally gave up on bethesda calling all of their games janky glitch fest unimmersive piles of shyt
after they are some of the highest regarded, best selling games of all time.
people have shyt on every sports game released this past 2-3 years... from 2k, Madden, Mlb, NHL, WWE, UFC etc you can go on and on
people shyt on farcry when they already know what to expect for the past 20 years
people shyt on Red Dead for simply being too slow of a game

I'm not sticking up for anything if I didnt exist this would still happen. I'm not saying its right or wrong its just the same shyt over and over... games drop and get patched now. I dont expect my Switch or low end PC to play games perfectly, Cyberpunk should have just said "next gen only" which still would have pissed everyone off... you cant win really. You cant ask for more features in the same game where there's too many and it wont even run on your system anyways. With the rendering and verticality you arent going to be able to add these in depth systems on an already jammed up game. Games like GTA, Spiderman, Death Stranding, MGSV are empty you dont have to render all that 20 floors worth of HDR shyt in at the same time... Even Red Dead all you're rendering is a desk, Npc and trees. They obviously packed their game to the max and were far too ambitious on crippled hardware.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread is comedy and shows how out of touch The Arcadium is.

People had an axe to grind with CDPR for a while because they were upset CDPR was being compared to Rockstar.

"Cyberpunk" had a rocky launch and people were acting like it was "Superman 64" status and flopped.

Meanwhile, out in the real world it's critically acclaimed and sold 18 mill. :dead:

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

People had an axe to grind with CDPR for a while because they were upset CDPR was being compared to Rockstar.

"Cyberpunk" had a rocky launch and people were acting like it was "Superman 64" status and flopped.

Meanwhile, out in the real world it's critically acclaimed and sold 18 mill. :dead:

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

To be fair, the game sold 14 million in pre-orders-week 1 alone. Its been out for two years and heavily discounted after only a couple of months and only ended up selling another 4 million.

I assume if everything went according to plan, and it wasn’t broken on last gen consoles they could have been over 30m by now. They destroyed the legs on this game

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

To be fair, the game sold 14 million in pre-orders-week 1 alone. Its been out for two years and heavily discounted after only a couple of months and only ended up selling another 4 million.

I assume if everything went according to plan, and it wasn’t broken on last gen consoles they could have been over 30m by now. They destroyed the legs on this game

the game has been on sale like crazy, I got it for 10$ awhile back

It was literally on sale last week at best boy for 5$

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.
I've never seen so many people tell on themselves for being impressionable group think dummies like in the 2077 thread

"the gameplay is bad"
"even on pc the game runs like last gen"
"every area looks the same"
"my choices don't matter"
"no content outside of the main story"
"music was trash"

:mjlol: media folks starved for content during the release drought that year saw that shytting on 2077 was the only way to stay alive, and that reinforced echo chamber really convinced folks that they don't like what they actually like

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I never once said Cyperpunk 2077 was a bad game.

Overhyped and did not live up to expectations.

The open world was and still kinda is dead. That new BIG update made the game stable, but, the game could've been so much more.

I agree ppl shyt on it too much for too long.

But, that game was Get Rich Or Die Tryin' pre-release status.

I expected a great game with shyt I've never seen. But, I got a good game with nothin' new, I haven't seen in AAA games before.

Excelled at voice directing and writing for the character. I didn't like the plot.

It's an above average game that probably found a lot of casual fans wanting to know if it was as bad as ppl said.

Call of Duty: Ghost sold 19 million copies
:yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

You literally made up all those numbers.
0nPX60l.png

Game had around 8 million pre-orders, not 14 million.

'Cyberpunk 2077' surpasses 8 million pre-orders
Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders went over 8 million worldwide, CD Projekt reveals
Cyberpunk 2077 racked up 8m pre-orders, 74% were digital

Game came out December 10th, 2020. Meaning it's been out a little over a year. Not two years.

So what are you talking about?
jsvRtO4.png

Dude said "it should be over 30 milll by now"....
IyshV2S.png

Most games don't even sell 18 mill, let alone 30 mill. The fukk?

the game has been on sale like crazy, I got it for 10$ awhile back

It was literally on sale last week at best boy for 5$

The game is currently listed at $30-$60 on Bestbuy.com, depending on which version you buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=cyberpunk+2077
Do games on sale not count towards sales now? Are we just doing this for this game? I'm legit confused.
YH84LUO.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've never seen so many people tell on themselves for being impressionable group think dummies like in the 2077 thread

"the gameplay is bad"
"even on pc the game runs like last gen"
"every area looks the same"
"my choices don't matter"
"no content outside of the main story"
"music was trash"

:mjlol: media folks starved for content during the release drought that year saw that shytting on 2077 was the only way to stay alive, and that reinforced echo chamber really convinced folks that they don't like what they actually like

Yeah I dunno what these cats are talking about.

"Elden Ring" just came out and got a gang of bugs. I've had it completely crash a few times, and randomly died for no reason at all. Floating horse, etc.
Game got so many glitches people are doing 7 minute speed runs....but nah, let's focus on "Cyberpunk".
QzTChq0.png

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You literally made up all those numbers.
0nPX60l.png

Game had around 8 million pre-orders, not 14 million.

'Cyberpunk 2077' surpasses 8 million pre-orders
Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders went over 8 million worldwide, CD Projekt reveals
Cyberpunk 2077 racked up 8m pre-orders, 74% were digital

Game came out December 10th, 2020. Meaning it's been out a little over a year. Not two years.

So what are you talking about?
jsvRtO4.png

Dude said "it should be over 30 milll by now"....
IyshV2S.png

Most games don't even sell 18 mill, let alone 30 mill. The fukk?

The game is currently listed at $30-$60 on Bestbuy.com, depending on which version you buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=cyberpunk+2077
Do games on sale not count towards sales now? Are we just doing this for this game? I'm legit confused.
YH84LUO.png

Fred.

I didn’t make anything up, it sold 8 million in pre-orders that was the part i was wrong about, by the end of the first week it was reported to had sold 13 million and thats after the massive amount of refunds.

Cyberpunk 2077 has sold more than 13 million copies, despite launch disaster and refunds.

And yeah, it hasn’t been two years, more like 1.4, still to sell 13 million in its first week to go on to sell 18 1.5 years later means that CDPR cut the legs from out under it with the controversy.

And like i said, it was deeply discounted as early as Feb of 2021. We can’t pretend this game would have hit the discount racks at bestbuy as early as it did had it not been for the controversy. It was like 10-15 dollars in March

Cyberpunk 2077 Is on Deep Discount for PC and Console

I have no reason to lie on the game, i caught enough shyt defending it when it came out and i still to this day will argue its a good game. No reason to act like none of that shyt effected its long term sales :yeshrug:

This is a game that would have done numbers similar to witcher 3 or RDR2 if not for the bad rollout. The hype going into Cyberpunk was bigger than Elden Ring

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just shows how pathetic Bioware fans are. They keep giving Bioware their money then complain. Anthem & Andromeda sold as much as ME2. EA probably laughing at y'all.
You could say this about the whole gaming industry. How many times has GTA 5 been released? Or Skyrim? Or Resident Evil 4?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just shows how pathetic Bioware fans are. They keep giving Bioware their money then complain. Anthem & Andromeda sold as much as ME2. EA probably laughing at y'all.
Bioware best selling game EVER is 7 million copies.. why is a little company like Bioware being brought up against industry giants pushing 40+ million copies of a single game? Witcher 3 has probably sold what every bioware game has sold combined :mjlol: or close to it :mjlol: