"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This holds true for literally every open world game with random NPCs. But somehow this “breaks immersion” in Cyberpunk :stopitslime: all while ignoring the fact that the random NPCs have a level of graphical detail and artistic care that’s usually reserved for main characters in those aforementioned games.
Cyberpunk is a cute girl with no brains then. Those a fun from time to time I suppose but when you’ve had me before you end up wanting substance eventually. :pachaha:
But for real, cyberpunk is on entirely new hardware. Of course it’ll look better than 10 year old games. I’m assuming the next elder scrolls game is going to be glorious as far as that goes.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Serious question, regarding world building and immersion: how much does it matter to some of you that the vast majority of the lore, and established world/environment was already done by Mike Pondsmith in developing the tabletop games?
I don’t know mike pondsmith so I can’t seriously say he or his pond matter.

edit: that’s right...I seen him before. yeah for me it doesn’t matter in regard to the game. The story to me is the only thing pulling me back.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This holds true for literally every open world game with random NPCs. But somehow this “breaks immersion” in Cyberpunk :stopitslime: all while ignoring the fact that the random NPCs have a level of graphical detail and artistic care that’s usually reserved for main characters in those aforementioned games.

No one else is citing other games as the pinnacle of immersion though breh :dead:

You capping on the last part as well. Is it so much to not be so hyperbolic in your praise lmfao. Level of graphical detail that rivals main characters. You have stock in cdpr?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’ll concede that the overall presentation is much better than Skyrim but Skyrim was also released 10 years ago and for its time, it was also spoken of the way you’re speaking of cyberpunk. Of course cyberpunk LOOKS better but when I think of immersion in cyberpunk I’m looking for cars that actually take damage and motorcycles that consistently launch you to your death when you crash.
Sure every game you can take individual things and criticize. For the millionth time the Car physics are not that good.

What I said makes the game immersive for me is the level of detail on everything. The fact that you are not taken out of control for a load screen or cutscene when you go in a building or start a mission. The fact that all missions from the smallest side activity to a large story mission are approachable in a multitude of ways.

All that’s stuff makes the game immersive in a way Skyrim, Deus ex, etc are not. Imo obviously.
Cyberpunk is a cute girl with no brains then. Those a fun from time to time I suppose but when you’ve had me before you end up wanting substance eventually. :pachaha:
But for real, cyberpunk is on entirely new hardware. Of course it’ll look better than 10 year old games. I’m assuming the next elder scrolls game is going to be glorious as far as that goes.
Y’all the ones comparing it to the old ass game. Then when I say it’s more detailed. You say nah that 10 year old game had more detail :mindblown:

Like nikkas really in here argued and dapped up that Skyrim world is less flat and empty than Cyberpunk.

Im not the one making shyt up in here :comeon:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
96% of the buildings in cyberpunk you cant even enter :dead: nikkas floating in air, cars exploding randomly, tposes :dead: teleporting cops

Muh muh muh immersion though.

I thought the game was a solid 7/10. Im not even gonna factor in the bugs in mt score cuz itd be a 3 then. I really wish I was playing the game yall superfans were because I dont see it

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sure every game you can take individual things and criticize. For the millionth time the Car physics are not that good.

What I said makes the game immersive for me is the level of detail on everything. The fact that you are not taken out of control for a load screen or cutscene when you go in a building or start a mission. The fact that all missions from the smallest side activity to a large story mission are approachable in a multitude of ways.

All that’s stuff makes the game immersive in a way Skyrim, Deus ex, etc are not. Imo obviously.

Y’all the ones comparing it to the old ass game. Then when I say it’s more detailed. You say nah that 10 year old game had more detail :mindblown:

Like nikkas really in here argued and dapped up that Skyrim world is less flat and empty than Cyberpunk.

Im not the one making shyt up in here :comeon:
We clearly have differences of opinions when it comes to what’s a priority in terms of “immersion”. I don’t care how pretty the game looks.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I still stand my the mentality if they made this a concise, 20 hour or so game without all the lies and bugs it would have been one of the best games of last gen. A smaller game means more polish, less bugs, and a more focused world.

Instead we got this over ambitious shyt that is gonna take years to fix lol.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell

CDPR better hope Rockstar doesn't release a trailer to GTA 6 this year.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one else is citing other games as the pinnacle of immersion though breh :dead:

You capping on the last part as well. Is it so much to not be so hyperbolic in your praise lmfao. Level of graphical detail that rivals main characters. You have stock in cdpr?
Random NPC in Cyberpunk
aWxwAqx_700b.jpg

main character in tomb raider.

latest

Im not in here just making stuff up:manny: