"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
do you know what “some” is? (rhetorical question) :dwillhuh:

in the first quite you posted I was talking about a different group of ppl in response to your post as opposed to the group of ppl I was speaking on in the 2nd quote

I choose my words carefully as a result of my old profession to leave as little room as possible for misinterpretation
you're being disingenuous. I'm filing a class action law suit against your posts

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Despite it's flaws I'm having much more fun with this game than I ever did with GTA V. The missions are absolutely insane.
Hopefully CDPR can fix and enough things to take the game from a 7.5-8/10 to the legendary 10/10 it can be.
I never want to go back to Rockstars garbage character movement.
Here it's quick, I can plan and execute several maneuvers quickly. "Suicide one guy, cyberpsychosis the other, headshot homie on roof, then slide to cover." All in 3 seconds.

^^^

another GTA comparison in favor of cyberpunk and no one complains

here’s where shyt goes sideways...

is this better than gta???

I enjoy the game better than GTA because of the role playing aspects of the game. But GTA was way more polished than this coming out.

The games are completely different to me tho.

As an open world game, no, its not even close, GTA is far superior...

Only thing this game really does better is story...

The stans in this thread who will claim Cyberpunk is better are deliberately playing it as a linear story driven game because the open world aspect is completely non-existent...

I mean there's a whole layered progression system, way more weapons, better missions, better combat and characters too but lol aite

its wild what people keep focusing on

GTA never let me hack all the cameras in a compound with a glance, move some boxes around in side a building to get a better angle, then richochet a bullet off 2 walls to kill a VIP in one shot and make a quick buck without ever stepping foot inside...

why sit here and lie? I've been playing the sidequest for close to 15 hours, and they have been entire stories themselves.:beli:

if i were playing this as a linear story i would have been done 20 hours ago. This is what I mean by people deliberately coming in here to hate cause yall not even playing the game.

...and ftr I haven’t enjoyed a GTA mission since the middle of san andreas when I got bored halfway thru the game and the repetitive mission types...and easily think cyberpunk’s campaign is more fun than GTA V...but I just don’t get folks getting in their feelings and arguing against the 2 games being compared ONLY when the comparisons are in favor of GTA and then it becomes the long drawn out debate that the folks who are indulging in the argument are complaining about...don’t respond and there’s nothing to complain about :yeshrug:

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I've given substantial critique of Cyberpunk in this thread, so I'm not some shill.

Cyberpunk > GTA V. It's just much more of a fun game.

It's not just that the Story is better.

Visually it's a masterpiece. I understand that with time graphics improve. I mean mostly even just the art design and direction. There are moments in this game when I just spends several minutes taking screen shots of Night City, often the same location at different times. Despite it being a dystopian shyt hole I actually want to be there to see it for myself. The atmosphere here is much more dynamic than GTA.

Night City >>>>>> Another Clone of LA/NYC/London, etc. I'm bored of the later. Fictional cities >>>>.

Main Missions are far better. In fact they are spectacular compared to GTA V.

Side Missions are far, far, far better. World's away.

Gameplay is much more fun and varied:
Gunplay in GTA is pin-point Whack a mole, Cyberpunk has much more variety. I can shoot through fukking walls if I want. Furthermore, I don't have to go in guns blazing. There is a viable stealth system here and quickhacks function as defacto spells. There is progression and variety in the gameplay that GTA can't match. There is generally multiple paths to some objective.

Character movement is far better and smoother here, unarguably. GTA movement is flat out terrible.

Outside the story missions, the game is not nearly as polished in the details as GTA V. But that, AI and driving are probably the only core things it has over Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk has flaws that have nothing to do with GTA (In fact GTA does this worse). Namely, it fails at being an RPG in it's narrative. Life Paths should have locked in some exclusive content to promote replayability. Right now it doesn't matter beyond the first few hours and dialogue options. And the montage with Jackie is insulting, it was clearly cut content that was meant to be played.
That's a fair assessment...

You made it clear why you prefer one over the other with no bullshyt, I respect that even though I disagree...

GTA is far from perfect, it has its issues and exactly why we mod the fukk out of it on PC...

I agree on missions and story, Cyberpunk is superior on that front and I have consistently said that multiple times...GTA imo offers a more complete and better open world gaming experience than Cyberpunk...

The main problem with Cyberpunk is, its basically main mission or side mission...There is no in between non-scripted game fukkery to engage in that makes an open world game an open world game...You can't get into a high speed chase with police or gangs, there are no random AI events...It's just NC and a bunch of soulless buggy mess AI...If you're not on a mission, its drive or teleport to the next mission marker/ripperdoc or crafting...Even from an exploration standpoint, they made a huge deal before launch about a vertical city and they gave us a game with all grounded vehicles...even though there are cutscenes with flying vehicles...That is just as bad as the montage you mentioned...

This game was supposed to take the open world genre forward into the next gen...Cyberpunk not only failed to do that, it even fails at being an RPG like you said and that is where this game was supposed to excel the most...It brought nothing new to the table and its core combat implementation is poor compared to other games in the open world genre...A lot of focus in this thread on GTA but you can make a legitimate case, WD2 did shooting, hacking and driving better than Cyberpunk...

You mention combat variation, I switched to blades because gunplay felt like trying to box a kid with cerebral palsy...That's how terrible the enemy AI is and the only thing upping the difficulty does is make them more spungy...Having to switch to a different style of combat because one is severely flawed/broken is not a good thing...That doesn't mean you can't find enjoyment here with this game, you just have to overlook a lot and play a specific way to find that enjoyment which leaves a lot to be desired and defeats the concept of an open world game...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Armor and resistances matter when you're under prepared vs some enemies. Probably too much due to it being difficult to find some stuff early on. It is very easy to be a glass cannon in this game. Once they put in a few more unique encounters/promised features (like being hunted by other contractors) this shyt will be super piff.

They do have to balance the game a bit when it comes to cyberware builds. Some of the stuff you can do early on really throws a few parts of the game off.

Also - be wary of snipers. None so far have hit hard enough to 1 hit KO me yet, but you'll easily lose ~70% of your health in 1 shot. I'm not too far in though so I don't know how crazy they get but snipers are definitely real deal enemies unlike some other games. You can't stand in the open toe to toe with them, you WILL get murked.

I finally got my epic OS! 10 base ram!!!!! I love teh fact that items and upgrades in this game cost so much. Feels like an accomplishment to get powerful.

I need this other ram upgrade for the frontal cortex that cost 3 extra ram. I can only imagine how OP i will feel once I get the legendary OS and the other legendary ram upgrade, I’m gonn have like 20 points of ram to spend, i can demolish the entire city with that shyt

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
The ssd will help with load times and assets, ps5 patch or not. Game too demanding for an hdd
Crazy how fast this game loads up from start. I literally wait like 5 secs before I need to press B to continue. SSD is GOAT.:wow: I'll never forget that first night playing GTAV on the PS3. :mjcry:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I finally got my epic OS! 10 base ram!!!!! I love teh fact that items and upgrades in this game cost so much. Feels like an accomplishment to get powerful.

I need this other ram upgrade for the frontal cortex that cost 3 extra ram. I can only imagine how OP i will feel once I get the legendary OS and the other legendary ram upgrade, I’m gonn have like 20 points of ram to spend, i can demolish the entire city with that shyt

One breh here said he uses Quickhacks and a stealth build with contagion. Gets extra damage from stealth perks. Imagine some nerd with a Dell keyboard running around wrecking your shyt with no effort :damn:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
btw here is how the GTA comparisons restarted today...not knocking you @King Jove cuz you haven’t been flip flopping in here...and I actually agree with your comparison but the problem is when ppl make comparisons between cyberpunk and GTA and feel it’s ok to do so when it’s in favor of cyberpunk...but when someone else expresses a differing opinion in favor of GTA then all off a sudden it becomes “oh I don’t understand why ppl keep comparing the games” lol...again not directed @King Jove
I think there are things GTA does better than Cyberpunk and vice versa. :manny:

People wanna post videos about how GTA has better police and npc ai (which is fair), so I’m just balancing the conversation about the things Cyberpunk does well like Missions, weapon variety, enemy variety, combat variety, etc. :manny:

The conversations are interesting to me. I agree with a lot of the complaints about the game, but I’m still having a blast when the game is actually running well lol.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Armor and resistances matter when you're under prepared vs some enemies. Probably too much due to it being difficult to find some stuff early on. It is very easy to be a glass cannon in this game. Once they put in a few more unique encounters/promised features (like being hunted by other contractors) this shyt will be super piff.

This, with more unique encounters during the moments you're travelling between missions, this shyt will be unfukkwitable.

Folks also forgetting that multiplayer is coming... With all these gangs/clans with massive amounts of lore in the game, you already know there's probably gonna be some type of unique storyline for each crew. There might even be gang wars on some The Warriors shyt, the same way they be having gang war NPC events in singleplayer :ohhh::banderas: Would be even doper if each crew had their own fixer that offered both big-party story quests and contracts on the big hitter players in other crews.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One breh here said he uses Quickhacks and a stealth build with contagion. Gets extra damage from stealth perks. Imagine some nerd with a Dell keyboard running around wrecking your shyt with no effort :damn:

That was probably me lol thats what I’m doing. Fully upgraded stealth hack give you dbl damage if they don’t notice you and my contagion spreads to an extra 5 people with upgrades. I’m clearing every block from Down the street.

They looking around at all their fellow gangoons dying like...:damn:????????

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh nah I wasn’t questioning/challenging your opinion...just used it to further illustrate that there are no complaints when ppl post GTA/cyberpunk comparisons in favor of cyberpunk...it only becomes a “problem” when others express their preference for GTA while playing cyberpunk...I actually agree with you

I think there are things GTA does better than Cyberpunk and vice versa. :manny:

People wanna post videos about how GTA has better police and npc ai (which is fair), so I’m just balancing the conversation about the things Cyberpunk does well like Missions, weapon variety, enemy variety, combat variety, etc. :manny:

The conversations are interesting to me. I agree with a lot of the complaints about the game, but I’m still having a blast when the game is actually running well lol.