"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The dude at Forbes said bare people he knows in the industry hadn't even gotten their review codes yet (this was over the weekend). I'd be veeeery wary, good or bad, of any reviews out today or even the next few days.

ya I posted the forbes article in here...that being said I wouldn’t expect forbes to get a review copy in time lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Polygon says meh...

Cyberpunk 2077 is dad rock, not new wave

Cyberpunk 2077 review 9/10 -pc gamer
Groundbreaking, but not quite as much as you're hoping it is. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't surpass its brilliant influences, but in Night City, Johnny Silverhand, and its chilling vision of hyper-capitalism, it claims territory of its own.

Cyberpunk 2077 review – groundbreaking, but not like you think

CYBERPUNK 2077 REVIEW

Cyberpunk 2077 Review IGN

EDITOR'S CHOICE
AMAZING
Cyberpunk 2077 throws you into a beautiful, dense cityscape and offers a staggering amount of flexibility in how you choose to take it from there.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that humanity is the saving grace of this alluring yet uneven and deeply flawed game. I can’t deny that Night City wowed me with its scale, its verticality, and its sense of history. But I wish I could see people like me on its streets as something more than objects. I wish that the game’s politics were more radical. Yes, I know I shouldn’t look to a colossal game that was itself produced under exploitative labor conditions to lead the charge of anticapitalist liberation, but I wish the sparks of Johnny Silverhand’s ideological rage got to burn brighter, that Cyberpunk 2077 felt more interested in envisioning new futures than in reminiscing over bygone glories. Neither its gameplay nor its narrative can imagine the bold possibilities that I find so central to the best of cyberpunk. But what it does offer is visions of people trying to make do and get by in a world that’s trying to eat them alive, and sometimes those people get by with a little help from their friends. It’s not the revolution I hoped for, but it’s something.

Bruh I don't like caping for games but what is this shyt?

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
00JVI5gJ_bxVSbbQjB4m1sHjQ

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Polygon says meh...

Cyberpunk 2077 is dad rock, not new wave

Cyberpunk 2077 review
Groundbreaking, but not quite as much as you're hoping it is. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't surpass its brilliant influences, but in Night City, Johnny Silverhand, and its chilling vision of hyper-capitalism, it claims territory of its own.

Cyberpunk 2077 review – groundbreaking, but not like you think

Half the article is just LGBT hoe babble :dahell:

The article is complaining about the use of the word feminine and masculine and cis identification. That's also the same site that wad complaining about the marketing. Not legit. Unless your LGBT I guess. :mjpls:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Bruh I don't like caping for games but what is this shyt?

Thankfully, your character’s gender is not tied to your choice of genitals. You can create a dude with a vagina or a lady with a penis, that’s no problem. But because of everything else about how the game handles trans identity, this hardly feels like the progressive step it should be. Rather than just letting you pick your pronouns independently of all your other character creation choices, your pronouns are assigned based on your selection of voice: Pick the “feminine” voice and your pronouns are she/her, and vice versa. (There are no nonbinary pronoun options.) As a trans woman with a voice that many would not describe as “feminine,” this direct linking of gender identity to having a voice that sounds “masculine” or “feminine” feels weirdly essentializing.

I could have forgiven it if the rest of the game took strides to humanize trans identities, but boy, it sure doesn’t. Ubiquitous throughout Night City are ads for a beverage called Chromanticure that feature a female-coded model with a penis visible through her skintight clothing, making it clear that in Cyberpunk 2077, trans bodies are objectified and commodified. Some cis bodies are, too, of course, but the crucial difference is that, as V, we constantly meet, interact with, and form relationships with cis characters who have far more dimension than the surface of any sexualized image on a billboard. The same can’t be said of trans characters. Even if you opt to play as a trans V, she’s not particularly well-defined. The game is about what you see through her eyes and what she goes through, not about who she is as a person.

"Game journalism" has hit an all time low