"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Find out you have to crunch some more last min dev brehs :mjcry:

Yeah, I think the best choice would've been putting it out in 2021 on NG and PC when more people have consoles but it's been in development so long, you're right I doubt they would scrap it.

Complex software development plus management that doesn’t communicate with the team is always a recipe for disaster :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was literally no reason to even advertise the release date since they already had crazy hype and we’re gonna sell regardless. Posting the gold disk was the nail in the coffin. :russ:

It was completely unnecessary. These motherfukkers were trying to troll people concern watching them over crunch and whatnot, and ended up making themselves look goofy as shyt.

The upside is that now there's maybe a possibility that the final next gen update launches alongside the game.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Disappointing but I’m not entirely upset with this. I doubt it but I wonder if this will make them reconsider adding some of the content they axed during development back in the game?

Either way, this delay is a blessing in disguise. I finally got some extra time to beat TLOU2 :wow:

For those of us who pre-ordered tho, do we have to cancel our preorder until they update the release date or is that not necessary? Amazon still got the release date of my preorder as Nov 19th.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Game was announced before TW3 released. Either these people are perfectionist, or afraid they're going to shyt the bed. They are like Dr. Dre with Detox. TW3 is Chronic 2001. Hope they don't pull a Jay Electronica. All this waiting just for an ok product. All signs are pointing to it being the case. They probably could of released two more Witcher games this gen using the same engine as part 3. And it would've been amazing.

I believe CDPR was simply too ambitious. And half the ideas they had for the game got far into development. Only to realize at the last minute it caused problems for the current gen consoles, and nixed it all together. Rinse, wash, repeat i bet.

The first dev to write a tell all book of the development of this game will be an award winning author afterwards:lolbron:

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
It was completely unnecessary. These motherfukkers were trying to troll people concern watching them over crunch and whatnot, and ended up making themselves look goofy as shyt.

The upside is that now there's maybe a possibility that the final next gen update launches alongside the game.

Yep. If they would have just played it close to the chest from the beginning, they would have been alright.

I have zero confidence in them at the moment for next generation. If current gen is what’s holding them back, my gut tells me they have been laser focused on just duct taping that together trying to make the delivery date rather than optimizing and improving next gen’s feature set.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me too. I got the game in June. Started really playing it last month. Started kind of slow. Thought P4 was better but i'm 65 hours in right now. The game is incredible (GOTG maybe). It's easy to get lost there's so much to do in the game. New game mechanics are still getting introduce 60 hours in :mindblown::wow: I think i left off around September 10 yesterday (i'm playing on Merciless). Gonna binge play some more later. I really be looking forward to where the story will head next (I hope we get Morgana's memory back, and he gets to be a human, it's all he wants in life...and Ann lol).

I believe she's autistic. Her character is awesome. Morgana is jealous af:mjlol:
I just got to that part to right before the school trip it’s hilarious but so well written I kinda can’t believe how much I love it. I copped when it was on sale for 40$ and started last month. Now it has consumed my life :noah:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
If current gen is what’s holding them back, my gut tells me they have been laser focused on just duct taping that together trying to make the delivery date rather than optimizing and improving next gen’s feature set.
It's not current gen problems, they're trying to make the game perfectly for every gen which is a ridiculous goal to set...

Re16Vuq.png

Any normal game developers would be focusing on current gen, not all of them at the same time. These delays are the exact effect of that goal.