"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
...that's funny, it's being advertised as a fps. are you saying the people promoting the game have lied to us?

Saying "this game is a FPS" alone doesn't mean much. "COD" is a FPS. "Portal" is a FPS. "Metroid Prime" is a FPS. "Deus Ex" is a FPS.

Obviously "COD" is more in the vein of what a FPS actually is....but a gang of games fall in the FPS category that are nothing alike.
Let's put it like this....CD Projekt RED's last game was "The Witcher 3"....do you think their version of a FPS is closer to "COD", or the other games I mentioned?:jbhmm:

Fred.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
...that's funny, it's being advertised as a fps. are you saying the people promoting the game have lied to us?
It's being advertised as a rpg with a first person perspective.

It's like saying resident evil 7 and doom are the same because of the fps perspective.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
Saying "this game is a FPS" alone doesn't mean much. "COD" is a FPS. "Portal" is a FPS. "Metroid Prime" is a FPS. "Deus Ex" is a FPS.

Obviously "COD" is more in the vein of what a FPS actually is....but a gang of games fall in the FPS category that are nothing alike.
Let's put it like this....CD Projekt RED's last game was "The Witcher 3"....do you think their version of a FPS is closer to "COD", or the other games I mentioned?:jbhmm:

Fred.

It's being advertised as a rpg with a first person perspective.

It's like saying resident evil 7 and doom are the same because of the fps perspective.

...if i can't see my character on screen (other than their arms and weapons), then that is what i consider first person. i'm not comparing this fps to any other fps, i'm clearly stating i'm not copping this s**t if it's first person, and promos have already stated that it is.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
...if i can't see my character on screen (other than their arms and weapons), then that is what i consider first person. i'm not comparing this fps to any other fps, i'm clearly stating i'm not copping this s**t if it's first person, and promos have already stated that it is.
Fps literally means "first person shooter" this game is not a first person shooter, it's an rpg game. You sound like you have a narrow mindset when it comes to games if the view perspective can make you determine the type of game it is. It's like saying every third person game with a jump button is a platform game like mario.

But that's your opinion breh, do you.
:hubie:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I never seen you say you was/wasn't buying it....and I don't care if you do. You said "it's being advertised as a FPS" which is basically meaningless.

Cop games based on camera placement, brehs.

Fred.

...o3

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
Fps literally means "first person shooter" this game is not a first person shooter, it's an rpg game. You sound like you have a narrow mindset when it comes to games if the view perspective can make you determine the type of game it is. It's like saying every third person game with a jump button is a platform game like mario.

But that's your opinion breh, do you.
:hubie:

...i'm assuming you're only reading every other word that i type because i thought i already covered this. the game preview/promo that i watched, says it is a fps. i don't play fps, they get my vertigo vertigoing. i'll be damned if i pay $60+ on a game i can't comfortably play without feeling sick.

I never seen you say you was/wasn't buying it....

Fred.

...well fred, you're obviously new to the thread because i already said i wasn't......and i already explained why.

:patrice::patrice::patrice:...starting to wonder if these two are the same person. he/they seem to be a bit irked that i referred to the game as what i was told it was, a first person shooter, and that i said i wasn't buying it. don't be mad bruhs.....or bruh.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
...i'm assuming you're only reading every other word that i type because i thought i already covered this. the game preview/promo that i watched, says it is a fps. i don't play fps, they get my vertigo vertigoing. i'll be damned if i pay $60+ on a game i can't comfortably play without feeling sick.
Again, "FPS" stands for "first person shooter", the game is not a shooter, it's an rpg with a first person perspective. I'm correcting your terminology because you seem to think that the camera view determines the genre a game belong in. If that type of perspective makes you sick that's fine, but dont go claiming the game as something it isn't.

The promo you watched said it was in first person, that doesn't make it a fps.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

...o3

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
Again, "FPS" stands for "first person shooter", the game is not a shooter, it's an rpg with a first person perspective. I'm correcting your terminology because you seem to think that the camera view determines the genre a game belong in. If that type of perspective makes you sick that's fine, but dont go claiming the game as something it isn't.

The promo you watched said it was in first person, that doesn't make it a fps.

:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:...so when the shooting starts, does the camera go 3rd person view, or does it stay 1st person?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:...so when the shooting starts, does the camera go 3rd person view, or does it stay 1st person?
If a game has a jump button, is it a platform game?
:jbhmm:

Zelda has a bow, is it a third person shooter?

Grand theft auto has cars, is it a racing game?

This is how ridiculous you sound trying to take a small part of a game and declaring it as something it's not.

...o3

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...you shouldn't be this upset about a game, homie. so it's a first person shooter in first person view....the world will still turn. this was fun, we should do this again right before red dead 2 drops.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
DlINeqrV4AA2y-A.jpg

DlINeqqU8AIoyQh.jpg

DlINeqvV4AAjP6f.jpg
DlINeqsUUAIDnH3.jpg