"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
More info on when the update is:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was he,on. Shadowrun or any of them. It's hard to find Cyberpunk games now adays.

Nah, even before that. He actually influenced "Shadowrun". He's the godfather of cyberpunk RPGs.

Fred.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

DlIMSzBVsAMmaBF.jpg

DlIMUNjX4AEjnWC.jpg

DlIMVmHU8AItJI6.jpg

DlIMXBfXsAA01vh.jpg

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
camera perspectives do matter though.

not only for gameplay reasons.. but i know a couple people who get motion sickness from first person.

can't fault someone for not buying a game that literally makes them sick to their stomach :yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

not only for gameplay reasons.. but i know a couple people who get motion sickness from first person.

can't fault someone for not buying a game that literally makes them sick to their stomach :yeshrug:

I felt bad for this chick. So hyped until she got the news. Thought she was going to cry. :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I get headaches from a lot of 3D movies. that's my problem though, and I don't think it should stop people from making 3D movies

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yes but you always have the choice of watching the same movie in 2d
perhaps, but it's a lesser experience if the movie was made with 3D in mind

my point is that people might have various issues, or disabilities, that keep them from using certain products. some people are allergic to peanuts, but they don't spend their days demanding that Snickers make a candy bar without peanuts

all this noise about the first person perspective in this game is kinda weird to me. I understand that some people have issues, but it's not gonna begin or end with this game. there's plenty of first person games, and there will be plenty more

these issues can sometimes be alleviated by being able to adjust the FOV, head bob (pause), and/or crosshair/reticle. unfortunately these options might not be available on console, but that is something that devs might want to take into consideration, if this is such a widespread problem

all that being said, I think most people that don't want this game to be first person are just talking about their personal preference. I keep hearing "why have character customization, if you can't see your character?". it's been pointed out that you do see your character in cutscenes and such. people that feel like an RPG 'should' be 3rd person... honestly some people need to get out of their comfort zone, and they might find that they actually enjoy different things. it's like me saying that an RPG 'should' be top-down isometric, with turn-based, dice roll, combat. we're beyond that, and several games have broken that mold

I guess I'm bias because I do like first person games. Prey was one of my favorite games last year, and The Witness the year before that. and I love a good first person walking sim. there's something very immersive about being able to walk around looking at stuff. it feels like I'm there. playing a third person game is more like watching a movie (all IMO of course). and obviously any kind of shooting mechanics will be better in first person. a lot of third person games have to rely on some kind of 'lock-on' mechanic

TLDR: it's a first person game. if you don't like first person games, you might not like this game :yeshrug: