"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
90+ hours in and about to do the suicide run secret ending with Johnny and then circle back and do the other endings real quick.

Finally fukking done but what an incredible game

This suicide run mission is insane Jesus. Finally beat it

Last edited:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Finally! After 96 hours. All endings down. All side quests done besides gigs and the random ncpd things.

What a fukking experience. 9/10. Haven't felt like this since RDR2. Definitely some obvious flaws but the world building, story, character development through plot and upgrades, side quests, etc. I fukked with this heavy.

Gonna binge the Netflix anime and bring on the dlc asap

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Game is not a 9/10 y'all, come on now :comeon:and I was one of the main advocates for this game. Had it on day 1, waited for next gen update, then played and enjoyed it.

The big problem with Cyberpunk, is the City & NPC feels dead. Rockstar has a lot of us so spoiled with their NPC system is built, shyt seems so real. They really are the GOAT when it comes to open world. I'd also give an honorable mention to Edios Montreal & Deus Ex.

I'm hoping we get a new Deus Ex, they are VERY good at building living, breathing worlds. If anybody can build a great Cyperpunk game its either Rockstar or Edios Montreal.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Game is not a 9/10 y'all, come on now :comeon:and I was one of the main advocates for this game. Had it on day 1, waited for next gen update, then played and enjoyed it.

The big problem with Cyberpunk, is the City & NPC feels dead. Rockstar has a lot of us so spoiled with their NPC system is built, shyt seems so real. They really are the GOAT when it comes to open world. I'd also give an honorable mention to Edios Montreal & Deus Ex.

I'm hoping we get a new Deus Ex, they are VERY good at building living, breathing worlds. If anybody can build a great Cyperpunk game its either Rockstar or Edios Montreal.

Disagree, it was absolutely a 9/10 for me and RDR2 is my greatest game.

And tbh, going back to GTA V. It's a huge noticable step back from RDR 2. Hell, literally everyone calls the police or runs away or fights you just for following them for a few secs. The animals work as NPCs and alert cops if you kill somebody with just an animal around etc.

Cyberpunk was obviously really constrained by being designed for last gen consoles. I'm excited for the expansion especially since it's designed just for current gen and PC.

Night City definitely has periods of feeling alive, especially with the ability to scan NPCs and everything but it does seem their systems are limited.

Though none come close to Bethesda/elder scrolls and their characters having actual day and night cycles.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree, it was absolutely a 9/10 for me and RDR2 is my greatest game.

And tbh, going back to GTA V. It's a huge noticable step back from RDR 2. Hell, literally everyone calls the police or runs away or fights you just for following them for a few secs. The animals work as NPCs and alert cops if you kill somebody with just an animal around etc.

Cyberpunk was obviously really constrained by being designed for last gen consoles. I'm excited for the expansion especially since it's designed just for current gen and PC.

Night City definitely has periods of feeling alive, especially with the ability to scan NPCs and everything but it does seem their systems are limited.

Though none come close to Bethesda/elder scrolls and their characters having actual day and night cycles.

Maybe I'm reading the bolded wrong, but it definitely reads like you're saying GTAV, a game that came out five years before RDR2, was a step back from RDR2? Or is this saying that Cyberpunk doesn't compare positively to either of those two?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Maybe I'm reading the bolded wrong, but it definitely reads like you're saying GTAV, a game that came out five years before RDR2, was a step back from RDR2? Or is this saying that Cyberpunk doesn't compare positively to either of those two

You're not reading that wrong. I know it came out before, unless we're counting the next gen update.I would put cyberpunk maybe right at V or a little below it because of the aforementioned problems, with RDR2 being a huge step above everything .

I even listed Skyrim which is older than everything as being above them all in terms of NPC systems.

I'm just disagreeing with the world being dead. Not too much disagreement about NPCs tbh

I'm curious to see how much further rockstar is going to push the NPC systems in a more dense game like GTA, where the average lil neighborhood will have more people than saint denis.

Veteran
Daps
You're not reading that wrong. I know it came out before, unless we're counting the next gen update.I would put cyberpunk maybe right at V or a little below it because of the aforementioned problems, with RDR2 being a huge step above everything .

I even listed Skyrim which is older than everything as being above them all in terms of NPC systems.

I'm just disagreeing with the world being dead. Not too much disagreement about NPCs tbh

I'm curious to see how much further rockstar is going to push the NPC systems in a more dense game like GTA, where the average lil neighborhood will have more people than saint denis.

The Cyberpunk world is dead. NPC are brainless, there are no activities, and theres no real world fukkery events.

They literally had to release updates to make the game what it is today.

I liked the game, but as a Dystopian stan, I want better and know there's plenty of room for improvement. :manny:

Veteran
Daps

The Cyberpunk world is dead. NPC are brainless, tyere are no activities, and theres no real world events. They literally had to release updates to make the game what it is today.

Rockstar literally has a NPC patent. GTA 6 will be crazy.

I liked Cyberpunk a lot, but as a Dystopian stan, I want better and know there's plenty of room for improvement.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
The Cyberpunk world is dead. NPC are brainless, tyere are no activities, and theres no real world events. They literally had to release updates to make the game what it is today.

Rockstar literally has a NPC patent. GTA 6 will be crazy.

I liked Cyberpunk a lot, but as a Dystopian stan, I want better and know there's plenty of room for improvement.

Have you played since the edgerunners update?

And there are activitie. gigs, the Ncpd shyt, all the side missions unless you're talking activities like bowling, golfing and whatnot.

Why would there be references to the real world 1:1 when this is a world that's been created since '88? With lore and backgrounds to all the gangs, their events, shyt that happened in the alternate 2000/2020s. It's not a satire of the real world like GTA is and Rockstar has gone out of their way to go.

I don't know why updating a game is a fault lol. GTA got updated when it hit PS4/XB1 and then updated more when it hit 5/series consoles. Not to mention the numerous updates since GTAO launched.

That patent was for driving since GTA V is notorious for drivers purposely getting into your way. It's literally a patent titled system and method for navigation in a virtual world.

I don't doubt GTA VI will be incredible but I'm also curious to see them implement the dialogue system in it.

I mean, same. I'm not saying it's perfect. I just disagree about the world being dead, especially when shyt like the news is constantly updating about what you've done be it main missions or side quests, seeing the diversity in people depending on where you're at, overhearing dialogue that might help for a mission, occasionally them leading you to weird and random side quests out the blue, the scanning of every person and thjng with backgrounds/name/crimes/etc, driving through a certain area that has skavs blocking traffic and starting shyt etc

I said this was a 9/10 mainly bc of story, combat, side missions, characterization, lore and the world building outside of that.

Meeting the guy who wants to sacrifice himself and get nailed on the cross and make a BD out of it was one of the best side quests I've done. The Jefferson election and Manchurian candidate quest was an amazing. Panam is an amazing character.