"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I just tried it. It's crazy. Very impressive :wow:

Make sure to update your drivers, as it crashes with the old one. I had to put DLSS on "Ultra Performance" to get 100fps with everything maxed out. At the "Quality" DLSS preset I'm only getting 55fps. It looks a little clearer in "Quality" DLSS mode, but not so much that I want to lose 40fps. The ray tracing overdrive looks very, very good
are you using DLSS 3 with frame generation?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
tell us what you think of it. a lot of people complained about "fake frames", and feeing sluggish, input lag, etc
It felt fine on Cyberpunk, but I just tried it on Miles Morales just to see, and it did feel sluggish compared to no frame generation.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It felt fine on Cyberpunk, but I just tried it on Miles Morales just to see, and it did feel sluggish compared to no frame generation.
How does Spiderman perform without it in terms of FPS? Could be problematic on games that don't need it enabled to lift performance.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How does Spiderman perform without it in terms of FPS? Could be problematic on games that don't need it enabled to lift performance.
Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales both run at 120 without frame generation. Miles Morales is harder to run and uses more of my gpu.

Edit: I cap everything at 120, but when you put on frame generation, you can no longer do that. With frame generation, I'm getting like 150fps on Miles Morales maxed out. Without frame generation I get around 120, with like 98% GPU usage, so it is using all of my gpu. Spider-Man Remastered is like 80% of my GPU at 120 fps

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tell us what you think of it. a lot of people complained about "fake frames", and feeing sluggish, input lag, etc
You got no input reading in the generated frames, so essentially it still feels like the original framerate, no?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales both run at 120 without frame generation. Miles Morales is harder to run and uses more of my gpu.
I'm not sure how it would work if you're already hitting your cap. I guess it should lighten the load on your gpu. but yeah, I wouldn't use it where you don't 'need' it

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm not sure how it would work if you're already hitting your cap. I guess it should lighten the load on your gpu. but yeah, I wouldn't use it where you don't 'need' it
Yeah, I cap everything at 120 to lighten the load. You can't cap with frame generation for some reason. I'll use frame generation only with games that need it

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
in theory. but it's a question of how noticeable it is, and if the benefits outweigh the downside
I bet it’s noticeable at lower and more unstable frames, but overall it’s at worst a wash physically, with no visual downsides. If it looks like 120, but feels like 60, it’s not ideal, but it still feels like 60 fps.

I’m still good with my 3080 until/unless I overhaul my whole system, but I’m looking forward to getting into the more advanced DLSS down the line.