“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They would have to give up Barrett and Fournier but the Knicks interest is legitimate

I assume we'd have to throw in an extra asset or two. But that's tempting if RJ's the only young player outgoing. Throwing in a protected pick or two and getting to keep the rest of the young guys? That's tough to deny, though I'd want one more move for a rotation-worthy big wing.

Edit: Although part of me wonders if this is just gamesmanship. Leon would be doing Portland a favor to drive up the asking price since a few Eastern Conference rivals are interested in Holiday.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Holiday said he wants to hang up the jersey in 2 years. He's 33 now. He wants another ring so him coming here would be fukking stupid. This team not a title contender Jrue does what? Adds maybe 5 more wins? That does nothing in the grand scheme but make us have less picks and cap. He's going to be washed in another season that's an Isaiah Thomas move:hhh:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Agreed on Mitch. It feels like odd timing for a Mitch rumor, and he's such a good scheme fit that I can't picture them moving him without knowing they've got a second move behind it.

Exact clip I was lookin for. Could not remember who it was for the life of me.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Holiday said he wants to hang up the jersey in 2 years. He's 33 now. He wants another ring so him coming here would be fukking stupid. This team not a title contender Jrue does what? Adds maybe 5 more wins? That does nothing in the grand scheme but make us have less picks and cap. He's going to be washed in another season that's an Isaiah Thomas move:hhh:
Yes he’s probably worth 5 regular season wins, but Jrue takes us to the conference finals at least. And from there it’s damn near a coin flip depending on who we’re playing. But again, I’m not doing it cause of his age. Selling out for a win now piece that doesn’t guarantee a trip to the finals right now isn’t worth it.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0-60 is that the record y'all looking to start your season with? Sounds about right :mjlol: