“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
How many point guards do we need lol
True.

I'd be willing to shop our extensive backcourt in order to make a nice, concise and high quality lineup.

Jrue is a real solid asset as far as I've witnessed.

I'd be willing to send Quickley, Evan and some assets if we could get Jrue and some assets.

Please let me know if y'all think that would be foolish.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True.

I'd be willing to shop our extensive backcourt in order to make a nice, concise and high quality lineup.

Jrue is a real solid asset as far as I've witnessed.

I'd be willing to send Quickley, Evan and some assets if we could get Jrue and some assets.

Please let me know if y'all think that would be foolish.
I aint giving up Quick for Jrue
We need a pg off the bench.

People arent ready to have this conversation but brunson doesnt really match up well with most players in the backcourt because of his size and lack of Defense.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
We don’t have any obligation to move Fournier until we find a deal that benefits us we don’t have to do it for his sake or for the sake of doing it shyt NBA season unpredictable he might be needed to suit up at some point.

By the way he is also better at basketball than Barrett barring a major leap both now and at the same stage of development. I’d be livid too if I didn’t play. :lolbron:

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I aint giving up Quick for Jrue
We need a pg off the bench.

People arent ready to have this conversation but brunson doesnt really match up well with most players in the backcourt because of his size and lack of Defense.
Portland wouldn't want Quickley.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
well they ruined all his value
Shoulda traded after he beat our franchise 3 point record or shortly before Thibs took him out of da rotation but they are dumb
His value is 18 million to add to a trade package for a star. That’s pretty much what it’s always been if we’re being honest and it’s only gone up in that sense now that he’s an expiring. We just have to pull the damn trigger for someone.

On the Jrue front, I’d love him as a Knick next to Brunson. He’s a 6’3” tank that can guard 3 positions, 2 of them at an elite level. But that salary is too steep to get to without gutting the team of still valuable pieces. He’s not worth trading Fournier’s contract, IQ and IHart for example. If he was say, 28 years old, I’m doing it though.

Third, unless Embiid is a lock, i think trading Mitch would be a mistake. Rumor is he’s available but Leon wants multiple first for him. His rebounding is elite and his value will only go up as teams start to lean more into the importance of offensive rebounding.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
His value is 18 million to add to a trade package for a star. That’s pretty much what it’s always been if we’re being honest and it’s only gone up in that sense now that he’s an expiring. We just have to pull the damn trigger for someone.

On the Jrue front, I’d love him as a Knick next to Brunson. He’s a 6’3” tank that can guard 3 positions, 2 of them at an elite level. But that salary is too steep to get to without gutting the team of still valuable pieces. He’s not worth trading Fournier’s contract, IQ and IHart for example. If he was say, 28 years old, I’m doing it though.

Third, unless Embiid is a lock, i think trading Mitch would be a mistake. Rumor is he’s available but Leon wants multiple first for him. His rebounding is elite and his value will only go up as teams start to lean more into the importance of offensive rebounding.
Agreed on Mitch. It feels like odd timing for a Mitch rumor, and he's such a good scheme fit that I can't picture them moving him without knowing they've got a second move behind it.