“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Honestly…. Considering this was a Center heavy draft. Somebody who could be a decent backup big is going to get dropped. a few teams got like 4-5 centers on the roster and just drafted another couple.
Portland has too many bigs. Granted Robert Williams is injury prone, but the rim protection if Mitch and Time Lord are healthy is elite and Williams has passing chops.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Jonas Valanciunas just signed a three-year deal with Washington for 10 million per season. They'll be tanking by January, and we should swoop in to take him off their hands. Re-sign Precious for now, and go get JV when the time comes.

Are we going to be a second apron team? We’d have to make sure Precious makes the exact same.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
The ones they targeted were picked before which is why they decided to pick in the 2nd round
:dahell: Why didn’t we get someone like Jonas Valanciunas then? Wizards got him for pennies on the dollar.

:francis: Man, fukk Cacenstein. In the grand scheme of things, there are very little differences in your standard of living when you’re making so much money. Greedy fakkit.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:dahell: Why didn’t we get someone like Jonas Valanciunas then? Wizards got him for pennies on the dollar.

:francis: Man, fukk Cacenstein. In the grand scheme of things, there are very little differences in your standard of living when you’re making so much money. Greedy fakkit.
More like he fukked the Knicks :francis: and low key I think everyone knows it.

You can’t hold it against him for taking the money, but good intentions don’t mean he didn’t fukk‘em.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are we going to be a second apron team? We’d have to make sure Precious makes the exact same.
I think we can re-sign precious without hitting the second apron. But I’m not entirely sure. I’m not sure if the restriction on combining TPE’s would hamper a move but we have a pair of TPE’s to combine with salary if need be (but we can only use one at a time).

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Most we could offer Jonas was 5ms...

Forgot who was saying it on twitter but to paraphrase "If you think of it more as OG at the 5 and not Randle at the 5, it becomes a lot more interesting. Stop being stuck on positions."