“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Lowkey spitballing but would a Mitch/Sims/Wiseman center rotation be so bad? Mitch is a legit starter. We just got to get the other two up to speed so they can hold the fort down when he is not playing.

:unimpressed:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Upon reflection...

I am really hurting because of that IHart loss. I'm not MAD at the FO, we were limited in what we could do. I'm not mad at IHart, either.

I'm just worried. If I knew Mitch would be healthy, I'd be cool. Pick up a center who can give us a good 15-20 mins a night bringing in rebounds and I'm very confident in this team.

BUT...I HATE relying and basing my optimism on players with a track record of injuries.(The ONLY exception is OG Anunoby.) I think we'd be doing further damage to the team if we were to try a Randle packaged trade for a high quality center even if we'd be able to slot in OG at the 4. I can't cosign that.

I don't think we need to strike gold like we did with IHART's signing. We need to strike silver. That's it. Just be able to have enough centers with AT LEAST average IQ and hands BUT HIGH LEVEL rebounding. Also, HUSTLE has to be in the big man's DNA so fukk a Deandre Ayton.

Not saying it's easy, it won't be but I still have faith in this team.

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Upon reflection...

I am really hurting because of that IHart loss. I'm not MAD at the FO, we were limited in what we could do. I'm not mad at IHart, either.

I'm just worried. If I knew Mitch would be healthy, I'd be cool. Pick up a center who can give us a good 15-20 mins a night bringing in rebounds and I'm very confident in this team.

BUT...I HATE relying and basing my optimism on players with a track record of injuries.(The ONLY exception is OG Anunoby.) I think we'd be doing further damage to the team if we were to try a Randle packaged trade for a high quality center even if we'd be able to slot in OG at the 4. I can't cosign that.

I don't think we need to strike gold like we did with IHART's signing. We need to strike silver. That's it. Just be able to have enough centers with AT LEAST average IQ and hands BUT HIGH LEVEL rebounding. Also, HUSTLE has to be in the big man's DNA so fukk a Deandre Ayton.

Not saying it's easy, it won't be but I still have faith in this team.

Thing with losing IHart is also that he was a huge part of our late-season and Playoffs run, so it feels like we're losing some of the soul of that team.

But yeah more that stats we need someone with good hands that will hustle hard on the boards and dive on those 50/50 balls.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Lowkey spitballing but would a Mitch/Sims/Wiseman center rotation be so bad? Mitch is a legit starter. We just got to get the other two up to speed so they can hold the fort down when he is not playing.

:unimpressed:

Ayo, say Wiseman's name again in this thread

k2PcQq.gif

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Thing with losing IHart is also that he was a huge part of our late-season and Playoffs run, so it feels like we're losing some of the soul of that team.

But yeah more that stats we need someone with good hands that will hustle hard on the boards and dive on those 50/50 balls

Mason Plumlee sounds like he fits the bill to what you described.....unfortunately he just got signed by the Suns :francis:

So.........

Wondering what a trade for Clint Capela would look like :jbhmm::patrice: