Critics of the left aren’t oppressed and they don’t believe in “rational debate.”

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
And your the arbiter of concrete thought?
You're a rambler. Who believes operating in perfunctory thought somehow transcends the thinker into becoming the enlightened.

You've seemingly become emboldened by your own words and reason that do not stand up to societal or logical norms.

More words don't necessarily make better arguments.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You're a rambler. Who believes operating in perfunctory thought somehow transcends the thinker into becoming the enlightened.

You've seemingly become emboldened by your own words and reason that do not stand up to societal or logical norms.

Word salads are a red flag, believe me

Oville

Pro
Daps

No, I'm just not arrogant enough to feel like my own subjective disagreement with someone should deny them the opportunity to present their ideals like you seem to. I use my words in my previous post to give real-life examples of some negative effects that can or have already taken place if we continue to promote this movement of suppressing ideas. All you did was say my words and reason don't stand up to societal norms and reason without giving examples as to why. While I disagree with the conclusions I have with some of the people mentioned in this article I don't deny the fact that they do touch on over-arching issues that are important and at least interesting to discuss. I don't use my disagreements with them as a means to supress them from expressing themselves because the world is bigger than my personal opinion. If you want to be the snob that decides what's worth talking about and what isn't than fine. Just know that their's other snobs out their who think just like you do and will try to use these precedents as a means to suppress ideals that you might find favorable.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No, I'm just not arrogant enough to feel like my own subjective disagreement with someone should deny them the opportunity to present their ideals like you seem to. I use my words in my previous post to give real-life examples of some negative effects that can or have already taken place if we continue to promote this movement of suppressing ideas. All you did was say my words and reason don't stand up to societal norms and reason without giving examples as to why. While I disagree with the conclusions I have with some of the people mentioned in this article I don't deny the fact that they do touch on over-arching issues that are important and at least interesting to discuss. I don't use my disagreements with them as a means to supress them from expressing themselves because the world is bigger than my personal opinion. If you want to be the snob that decides what's worth talking about and what isn't than fine. Just know that their's other snobs out their who think just like you do and will try to use these precedents as a means to suppress ideals that you might find favorable.
Every post in this thread is you saying you know what's best for productive debate.

Once again, people can disagree with someone without engaging in debate with them.

People can reasonably decide not to give platform to speech because it merely isn't quality or even simple it's wrong.

No one owes you an explanation why you're wrong. Especially when you're admitting your position isn't rooted in fact or even coherent.

Have your conversations with people who want to have them with you. If not, you're merely complaining that people don't take you seriously. And that's likely due to your own failures.

Oville

Pro
Daps
Really? When did I say that I knew whats best for productive debate? Pleaae show me? All I did to start off this conversation was start off by saying that while I disagree with them on some issues I think that there concerns about the left suppressing speech and conversation and how it sets a bad precedent is well-founded. An opinion shared by several people. Hell on the coli u see a million posts about this each day.

I never said my opinion was or wasnt based on fact. Its based on an opinion that I have and I gave examples of some of the negative outcomes that come from being resistant to allowing differing opinions to be expressed. You can agree with me or disagree with me civilly but if u want to go personal and feel like im not worthy of your brilliant expertise do you.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If you don't feel you know what's best or at the very least better what are you even arguing? :jbhmm:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
200 years ago they used to proclaim their superiority based on the shape of skulls. Skull shapes :mjlol: and that was accepted “science”.

In the 1910s, white people were proclaiming their physical superiority until Jack Johnson and Jesse Owens shattered those beliefs.

Not relevant to the discussion we're having today. This has nothing to do with white superiority.

Do you ever wonder why racists have tried at every turn in history to hold us down?

Uh, because some people are tribal, and like belittling those who are different from them.

And yet, we survive and excel at human endeveors that can be measured objectively.

Some people excel, and some fall behind. You can't tell how intelligent someone is based solely on their race, and there's much more variance within a given race than between them.

I feel sorry for “Black People” like you and Dead7. You proudly swallow white supremacist beliefs whole and think yourselves objective “free thinkers”

Exactly what white supremacist belief have I swallowed without evidence?

After 600 years of deliberate and concentrated racial oppression, How do you allow your historical oppressor who thought of you little more than a beast of the field, to define you?

:snoop:

Makes no fukking sense. But I’ll let you keep dikk riding an obvious altright sympathizer.

I haven't let anyone define me, wtf are you talking about?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
maher didn't get banned.:umad:

:cape:for a$$hole bill maher and charles murray's new best friend, brehs

Charles Murray

That's not the point. You've framed it as people calmly and reasonably attacking or deplatforming nazi's or nazi sympathizers. That's not the reality at all. The mere fact that there was an attempt to get Maher banned shows how off the rails some on the left has become.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's not the point. You've framed it as people calmly and reasonably attacking or deplatforming nazi's or nazi sympathizers. That's not the reality at all. The mere fact that there was an attempt to get Maher banned shows how off the rails some on the left has become.
Interesting you frame it as only the left...

Church Bans Interracial Couples

Whose freedom of speech is more important here?

It seems the right also dictates what they consider appropriate, even at universities ...

Gay and Progressive at Liberty University

Or this:

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. says the deletion of a chapter on human sexuality from a psychology course is not evidence of “a homophobic agenda” but rather of a “commitment to best practices in the classroom and beyond.”

Falwell issued a statement Wednesday in response to a Richmond Times-Dispatch article about student objections to a custom-ordered Psychology 101 textbook that was missing the chapter on sexual motivation and orientation.

All that said, most people would just advise you if you're liberal don't waste your time at liberty university instead of complaining about being deplatformed. :mjlol:

Oville

Pro
Daps
If you don't feel you know what's best or at the very least better what are you even arguing? :jbhmm:

I'm arguing that I think we're better off trying to understand differing perspectives rather than tryig to supress them no matter how provocative.

Not only because I think we can learn from people we disagree with but also because I think if we begin to be to reactionary towards opinions that makes us uncomfortable its something that can be used against you in the future cuz chances are if u gonna stand up for some real shyt in the future you do run the risk of offending people but sometimes that opinion can help bring about change or allow for an exchange of ideas that can help synthesisize the best way to deal with complicated issues. Thats the spirit of which universities were built on.

The people mentioned in the article arent just complaining about not being invited. In many casee they were invited by faculty originallly so their credentials were deemed worthy enough by some faculty to come in. They were disinvited due to the fact that some students took offense to things that had been said. They have a right to organize their rights as paying students but that dont mean that we cant critique this reactionary attitude. Part of growing up is learninh how to engage with people or situations you dont agree with and learn how to manage those situatioms productivelu rather than refusing to cofront it.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Earlier in this thread I get mocked for saying both sides are guilty of this, and now you're claiming I've said it's only the left.

Higher learning, yall.

Let's check the replay fellas.
The mere fact that there was an attempt to get Maher banned shows how off the rails some on the left has become

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'm arguing that I think we're better off trying to understand differing perspectives rather than tryig to supress them no matter how provocative.

No, people are just telling people they're wrong after listening to them. People are losing their platforms after having been given opportunities and failing to perform adequately.