Creed (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
My pitch is for nostalgia...but the Syria/ISIS slant, see now you're thinking like a Hollywood exec

denzel-smoking.gif
Nice use of a gif:pachaha: but you still don't go there because then it makes creed look like a boxing version of mighty ducks

Kid McNamara

'97 Mike Bibby
Daps
Reppin
Freshman Year
How it should be...shyt comes full circle Rocky gonna be his Mick:banderas:

Apollos arrogant ass was showboating during the whole lead up to that fight. He got what was coming to him, how you gonna have James Brown singing live for your entrance?

:ufdup: Watch ya mouf youngblood. That's the hardest shyt ever.

:to: You right though.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps

Rocky was responsible for Apollo's death

yet Adonis mother is just going to let him train with him?

Apollo wanted to fight Drago, Rocky was tryin to stop him from doin it...it's the whole reason he damn near died himself fightin him

:what:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Adonis doesn't necessarily have to be 30. This movie could take place in late '06 early '07 soon after Rocky fought Dixon. Which would make him 21 or 22.

I have no idea why people thought it had to literally be set in our time :dead:

MJB would be a believable 24-26 year old man, for whats it worth, Adonis looks more experienced than Rocky looked in Rocky I. He probably had a dozen fights, just hasn't made it over the hump yet.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no idea why people thought it had to literally be set in our time :dead:

MJB would be a believable 24-26 year old man, for whats it worth, Adonis looks more experienced than Rocky looked in Rocky I. He probably had a dozen fights, just hasn't made it over the hump yet.

He's actually 28....

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
As I said in the other thread.

This movie has to deal with the psychology of what happened in the previous movies and how it affects everyone now.

The mother should feel some type of way towards Rocky even if it "technically wasnt his fault"
The boy should feel some type of way towards Rocky as well or at least allude to that as one of the reasons he waited so long to reach out to him.

He should deal with the fact his father was such a loved showman. He should show signs embracing that or signs fighting becoming that.

Because his father was the dude who danced during the intro before being killed in an exhibition fight. There should be some sort of shame or doubt he dealt with all these years from being the "Son of Apollo".

If its just a "Yea I'm trying to box and things are tough in the hood movie." Then it does a huge disservice to Apollo and the movies before it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As I said in the other thread.

This movie has to deal with the psychology of what happened in the previous movies and how it affects everyone now.

The mother should feel some type of way towards Rocky even if it "technically wasnt his fault"
The boy should feel some type of way towards Rocky as well or at least allude to that as one of the reasons he waited so long to reach out to him.

He should deal with the fact his father was such a loved showman. He should show signs embracing that or signs fighting becoming that.

Because his father was the dude who danced during the intro before being killed in an exhibition fight. There should be some sort of shame or doubt he dealt with all these years from being the "Son of Apollo".

If its just a "Yea I'm trying to box and things are tough in the hood movie." Then it does a huge disservice to Apollo and the movies before it.

I think the director and even Sly are too thoughtful to just disregard that stuff..especially if there's going to be some drama between Rocky and Adonis, which there needs to be. And of course as Rocky, this is his chance to fix something that he may have felt guilty about for a long long long time and that may push him to do things he wouldn't normally do because instead of seeing Adonis, he sees Apollo and treats him as such

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
ROCKY DID NOT THROW THE TOWEL....THROWING THE TOWEL WOULD HAVE STOPPED THE FIGHT

CREEDS PRIDE IS WHAT KILLED HIM

..and if they speak on that in the movie...it will make it more authentic

Creed's pride is what cost him the 2nd fight against Rocky.

He was getting hated on for the first fight. He dominated in the 2nd one. However, he was so focused on knocking him out and not doing what he did in round 15 last time (basically not punch back and just get hit cause he was hurt)

:damn: "STAY AWAY FROM HIM"

He tried to tell him, but his pride is what led to Rocky knocking him out.

Creed's pride got him again in part 4. :francis:

Rocky still should have known he doesnt think clearly when fighting sometimes :manny::mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Creed's pride is what cost him the 2nd fight against Rocky.

He was getting hated on for the first fight. He dominated in the 2nd one. However, he was so focused on knocking him out and not doing what he did in round 15 last time (basically not punch back and just get hit cause he was hurt)

:damn: "STAY AWAY FROM HIM"

He tried to tell him, but his pride is what led to Rocky knocking him out.

Creed's pride got him again in part 4. :francis:

Rocky still should have known he doesnt think clearly when fighting sometimes :manny::mjcry:

This man is dangerous!
I'm dangerous
This man is dangerous!:damn: