Creed (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Seems like the ONLY place I've seen give Creed legit Oscar Buzz (in terms of ranking)

Creed is that one movie that can sometimes come along and land in the Oscar race with absolutely no warning. It comes with an interesting Oscar story, one not unlike its subject, and its subject’s first film. Rocky is a story of an underdog and Creed has to be seen as one of this year’s underdogs, without a doubt. It wasn’t ushered in as an “Oscar movie,” and doesn’t seem to have much in the way of Oscar ads or fancy q&as, not yet anyway. It was a film that could have gone either way – but it landed like a champ. An A Cinemascore, maybe looking at a 35 – 40 million opening weekend, and hitting the sweet spot at Rotten Tomatoes with 93% puts Creed very much “in the conversation.” And if it isn’t then there is something very very wrong with Oscar season.

Best Picture
4th place: Creed

Best Actor
5th place: Ian McKellen, Mr. Holmes or Michael B. Jordan, Creed

Supporting Actor

If Sly gets nominated, he will likely win. Getting him nominated is the key.

1. Sylvester Stallone, Creed

"If Ryan Coogler is nominated, that could set in motion a potential historic win."
Best Director
4th place: Ryan Coogler, Creed

Best Cinematography
5th place: Creed
"Maryse Alberti, a woman who might make Academy history by becoming the first female cinematographer ever to be nominated"

Best Editing
5th place: Creed
Predictions Friday: Creed Lands

Let us have a movie with multiple nominations that doesnt include slaves.:mjcry::martin:

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
I know this might sound crazy but I might see this movie for the third time. :lupe:

Don't judge me brehs :noah:
I DO judge you...... as the type of fan I am; welcome to the group. my wife has, on multiple occasions, threatened our relationship over Rocky re-watches
she be yelling, this all i got:
screencap21-37-752x501.png

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:whew:Wonderful movie, best movie of the year for me. Oscars would be smart to nominate it for best picture, best actor, best director and best supporting actor and actress if they were smart and wanted to add some color to the telecast. Pretty sure everyone would tune in to see Stallone get that best supporting win

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Brehs I'm in the theater now, I'm trying this new theater here in Louisville called xscape and they have fully electric leather recliners :gladbron: so comfortable
Yeah, the old Regal/United Artist theaters are all upgrading to leather recliners. Its great, saw Creed that way and watching Star Wars that way instead of going to IMAX...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tessa dancing and singing :wow:

Coogler mentions seeing Straight Outta Compton as a reason he knew the songs needs to be better for the film.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Brehs I'm in the theater now, I'm trying this new theater here in Louisville called xscape and they have fully electric leather recliners :gladbron: so comfortable
our theater put those in over the summer.....as well as added beer/wine selection. Its still a rip off to go the movies, but it feels like alot less of a rip off.....

Seven1986

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Illinois
I've seen her in movies before. But the way she played this part...

when this song came on and she was styling on stage

I need one of them types :wow:
Bad redbone with her own :ohlawd:

That was cool but man I really enjoy this song more :ohlawd:

Creed was fantastic I have NO complaints about the movie

I wish that Phylicia Rashad would've had more screen time....Like a scene with Rocky [/SPOILER]

Nevertheless the movie was fantastic and it deserves Oscar nominations.....