Creed (Official Thread)

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I've avoided reviews and such until today because I didn't want this to be trash. Glad to hear people are liking it. I'm gonna have to see it this week.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gets the 2 thumbs up from me

Only thing is
they could've done without the Rocky having cancer subplot, at least for this movie. And Bianca progressively losing her hearing. The story of Apollo Creed son was more than enough. The cancer and hearing could've been in the potential next movie

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My thoughts. Minor spoilers.

Didn't think this movie would make shed a :wow:. But the emotional stuff between him and Rocky. Kept building up and kept building up. At the end of fight, I couldn't hold it in anymore. Let one go bruh:sadcam:. And I rarely :mjcry:in movies.

Creed. We all know Michael B. aka Wallace can act. His "daddy issues" obviously got to him and what drove him. (which is all to common in the Black community but that's another thread.) I felt him but it could have been a little more of an emotional connection in his range of acting. His fight scene acting was good. He did a good job overall but he still got outshined by Rocky to me in acting.

Apollo's girlfriend- Yes, she can act. Lovely smile. But if future movies are going to have her as a major character, it's going to hurt thdse films. She just never came off as real to me in this film. A lot times, I just wanted her to shut up. And I'll admit I'm biased towards her because I hated "Dear White People". But I really do hope they break up.

Rocky- Gift and a curse. He killed it. But maybe he killed it too much. Would I wanna a Creed film without him. Right now, no. I think there chemistry was too good. From their love to their hateful words.
When Creed told him you killed my father. Not his exact words but basically. I didn't know what was going to happen next. I was like :lupe:
But if Sly got to old to do the films, I don't know. They needed more stronger characters. In the Rocky films you had stronger supporting characters like Paulie, Micky, Adrian. To me, the other characters in this film were forgetable. With the exception of Clair Huxtable. Wish she was in it more. Because if these films are not going to be about the villians like previous films then it's a must.

Ryan Coogler. To quote Alanzo Harris "My:myman: ". Just proud to see 2 black directors (F. Gary Gray being #1) kill it at a major film (and I hope at the box office.). Love his camera work, cinemotograpy. The Ruff Rider scene with them them circling around him. And that music at that scene got me amp.Final fight with the camera work was dope.

Music- Look, I get that this is not a Rocky film. So I didnt expect the epic music. But they could have chosen a little more hype music. Heck, I would taken a Tweet Mill original song that you hype. Pac is Top of all time but marching out to Hail Mary. Eh. The Philly music with Roots, Tweet Mill was cool. But again, it could have been better. They should have had more hype music like the Ruff Rider scene. Though it was cool they did throw in the original.

Last edited: