Creed (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My boy told me he got some himself and asked if I wanted to go. I've never seen a rocky movie so figured I'd hit up the film room to see what was up. Looks like it's gonna be a good movie. I should check out some of the original ones to get some backstory.

Watch the first 4 and then watch rocky balboa since that seems to have a direct connection to this one as far as Rocky's journey

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Two Sequels To "Creed" Already Planned?
By Garth Franklin Tuesday November 3rd 2015 11:17AM
creed_article.jpg

Following on from the rave reaction to the first trailer, the upcoming "Rocky" spin-off film "Creed" looks to be one of the most anticipated films of this Fall. The film has already screened for a lucky few and the results have been so positive says Showbiz 411 that sequel talk has already begun.

The site says that director Ryan Coogler and actor Michael B. Jordan have done some preliminary work on not just a "Creed" sequel but a potential third film as well. Their info seems to come direct from the film's producer Irwin Winkler who apparently is not surprised by all the praise being heaped upon it.

If sequels were to go forward, no doubt Coogler and Michael B. Jordan would be back. Whether Sylvester Stallone will return as well is less certain. "Creed" will get ready to punch our lights out on November 25th.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
From someone who saw the film over at IMDB

It's the best rocky film since the first.

*where it was seen*
Regal Crocker Park in Westlake, OH

9/10
All performances were terrific. Fruitvale Station was just a hint at what Michael B. Jordan can do. Stallone actually made me tear up.

The relationship was handled very well. But it's not the focus of the film.

Also the soundtrack was amazing. The new themes are super inspiring.

While I enjoyed Soutpaw and loved the acting, Creed felt less manipulative. The direction was better and more like the first Rocky film. Very urban, very in the moment. Creed's first big fight was done in one take. It was amazing.

Creed's first big ring fight was done in one take. It was enthralling. Amazing direction. It's the same DP as The Wrestler.

2. My fav Rocky films ordered:
-Rocky
-Creed
-Rocky Balboa
-Rocky II
-Rocky IV
-Rocky III
-Rocky V

3. The Academy is pretty ignorant so no nomination, but I honestly think he was terrific in the film. His performance made me feel so warm.

4. There are a couple rap songs but it is a very classical, loud, bombastic score with inspiring themes and big bass.

5. There are tons of references and flashbacks.

Dont know if he's a plant or not :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
CTEpZoqXIAEGJY8.jpg

Mayor Michael Nutter attended a screening Thursday night and said the movie should win an Academy Award for best picture. The "Rocky" series spawned six more movies, and all the films shared a common co-star with Stallone - Philadelphia.

"The movie put Philadelphia literally on the map," Nutter said.

Stallone's run through the Italian Market and up the museum's 72 steps in the first movie propped both locations from local landmarks into iconic tourist attractions. A bronze statue of the hard-luck fighter stands at the base of the steps.

"Creed" opens a more modern Philadelphia to a new generation of fans: Johnny Brenda's, Max's Steaks, Front Street Gym. All take center stage in the new flick and so does newer lingo. "Yo!" makes way for "jawn," a Philly word that can be used to describe anything.

When Los Angeles transplant Creed (Jordan) has his first cheesesteak with love interest Bianca (Thompson), she asks for "some peppers on that jawn."

"Jawn this, jawn that," Creed said. "What's that?"

Thompson said she spent about two months around Philadelphia to add native authenticity to her character.

"There's no better way to learn how to be a Philly jawn than just spend a lot of time in some Philly jawns," she said.

Jordan was immersed for nearly a year in training for a movie that probably has more fight scenes than any of the first six movies.

"Did I get hurt? I took a few real punches, for sure. Thank Sly for that one," said Jordan, who trained with fighters Andre Ward and Gabriel Rosado.

"I know, you deserved it," Stallone said, laughing.

Rocky has become as much a Philadelphia institution as the Liberty Bell and Stallone is always greeted with a frenzy normally reserved for its real-life sports heroes.
AP News : Stallone still packs punch with Rocky fans ahead of 'Creed'

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
BREHS :blessed:

IMO the best movie of the year. Everyone gave it a standing ovation at the end. I'm not going to give any spoilers but a few things stood out to me....1. Michael B. Jordan was swole as fukk, he looked more cut and bigger than the other boxers. 2. The music was so inspiring, had me wanting to go spar a few rounds :damn: 3. The chemistry between Jordan and Sly and Jordan and Tessa Thompson is what really made this a great movie. 4. Michael B. Jordan :wow: I haven't seen Fantastic Four but I know it flopped but this dude got one here :wow:

I think I have an idea who he will be fighting in the sequel. IMO this movie is way better than Southpaw. It has a lil bit of everything...comedy, love story, (not that corny stuff) drama, etc. I saw it for free but it probably go see it again to support it. Might be my favorite Rocky movie..I'll go back and reevaluate :lupe:

Go out and see it, you won't be disappointed