Creed (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In the trailer it says his father died before he was born. Apollo Creed died in 1985, so if Adonis was conceived before Apollo's death then Adonis should be 29-30 in the movie (assuming it's present time)

The kids shown in the first Rocky would be his siblings but what confuses me is that it says he's been bounced around foster care. :jbhmm: Maybe the other kids got retconned or they died and maybe his mother also dies at some point in the movie.

I thought his mother was Phylicia Rashad?

And yes it is confusing him talking about coming up in the System and foster care but his own mother is talking about nursing Apollo and being scared to lose Adonis

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought his mother was Phylicia Rashad?

And yes it is confusing him talking about coming up in the System and foster care but his own mother is talking about nursing Apollo and being scared to lose Adonis

I was thinking the same thing but I'm sure it'll get answered in the movie. I'm more hype for it now than I was a few months ago

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
In the trailer it says his father died before he was born. Apollo Creed died in 1985, so if Adonis was conceived before Apollo's death then Adonis should be 29-30 in the movie (assuming it's present time)

The kids shown in the first Rocky would be his siblings but what confuses me is that it says he's been bounced around foster care. :jbhmm: Maybe the other kids got retconned or they died and maybe his mother also dies at some point in the movie.

thats what got me:patrice:

unless hes Apollos b*stard:jbhmm:

rocky 4 apollo had a mansion in beverly hills
why would his son end up in foster care
they had money, unless Apollo had the same accountant as Rocky in Rocky 5
:beli:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
thats what got me:patrice:

unless hes Apollos b*stard:jbhmm:

rocky 4 apollo had a mansion in beverly hills
why would his son end up in foster care
they had money, unless Apollo had the same accountant as Rocky in Rocky 5
:beli:

:russ:

It's either he's a b*stard or the Creed family met the same fate as the Balboa's.

You and @Robbie3000 gave me an idea though. He's a street fighting b*stard and maybe the movie's setting is 2007. :dead:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I didn't think it was possible NOT to know this.

:mindblown:

What jagaloon blames Rocky?
I mean Ina way that your homie. I know that YOU of all people know boxing. And it's the corners job to save the boxer.a fighter is never going to want to quit, that's why the corner is in charge.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking the same thing but I'm sure it'll get answered in the movie. I'm more hype for it now than I was a few months ago
This fall and winter is so packed for me it doesn't even make my top 10 and I want to see it.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Mrs Huxtable could pass as the older wife TBH

apollo-creed-wife-mary-anne-300x212.jpg

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Apollo died in 1985. Let's say his wife was pregnant when he died. Let's say Adonis was born in 1986.

If they set it in the late 2000s (2007 - 2010) Adonis is 21 to 24.
If they set it in the early 2010s (2011 - 2014) Adonis is 25 to 28.

Not a big issue.

Either Apollo's family went through money problems or Apollo had extra women on the side (not surprising) and Adonis is the son of one of those women, which explains how he grew up rough and also how he was able to grow up without having to tell people Apollo was his dad.