Creed 2 Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Its gonna be so weird how Creed 2 will recognize more aspects of Rocky 4....

Creed came off as very realistic and down to earth....

Rocky 4 on the other hand was hella 80s...Sci-Fi russian lab who making a damn near cyborg boxer,and Pauly had a fukking robot and shyt.....

Kinda strange knowing both these movies are in the same universe.
thanks sly :snoop: setting caple jr up for failure off rip

See thats what I keep going back to, but the issue is this: He has no emotional connection to his dad. There's no "closure" there unless it's the "I'm going to prove I'm better than my dad by doing the one thing he couldn't" but then that undercuts his journey from the first movie
exactly

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Here’s the other thing: I can’t think of a reason for Adonis to go after Drago’s son so it has to be him challenging Adonis. Then you could have some fears of dying in the ring the same as his dad and that could be compelling. Not wanting to go out the same way by the same family. But even then, drago’s son would have to be on the same “regiment” as his dad :russ:

And from the set pics he doesn’t look to be. And that type of shyt wouldn’t work in the world they established for Creed. Stallone does have a good mind for storytelling but often needs someone to rein in his good ideas to keep them good before they go way south. Hopefully he has that here and it goes in an interesting direction. But I’m just really stumped as to how you even make a sequel to creed. Rocky had an obvious hook for a follow up. Rocky 2 also. Rocky 4 is obviously when they started squeezing blood out of a stone and the less said about rocky 5 the better. Even rocky balboa had a nice hook to it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here’s the other thing: I can’t think of a reason for Adonis to go after Drago’s son so it has to be him challenging Adonis. Then you could have some fears of dying in the ring the same as his dad and that could be compelling. Not wanting to go out the same way by the same family. But even then, drago’s son would have to be on the same “regiment” as his dad :russ:
But even then you'd have to belief that the ref wouldn't stop the shyt if it got out of hand. Rocky 4 tried to make it Rock seem guilty, but the ref should've called the shyt a wrap after the 2nd knockdown.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But even then you'd have to belief that the ref wouldn't stop the shyt if it got out of hand. Rocky 4 tried to make it Rock seem guilty, but the ref should've called the shyt a wrap after the 2nd knockdown.

And my answer to that? It was rocky 4:russ:

That’s the least ridiculous thing to take issue with

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Exactly,If Coogler was involved I have no doubts he would get it right,hopefully Sly and the new director can too. And I'm sure Michael B can get Coogler on face time to chime in:pachaha:. Sly after all did the first Rocky which was all about emotion,so hopefully he can do it again.

THe first one was about him wanting to prove something to his deceased father,while hating his father,and not wanting to live in his shadow. Now the second movie,he has all the money and the fame. He gets to find out you CAN'T escape your father,because his dna and personality are in you. Now that he has the money and the fame Creed can become the arrogant,monster Apollo probably was in his prime before he had a family to ground him. You forget we saw the old family man version of Creed.

Creed can be out here wild,doing coke lines like Scarface,cheating on his girl who we all like who is going deaf:francis:. He's basically Killmonger in this movie again,but a bigger scum bag lol. We get to see a darker version of what Apollo Creed could have been,which is what we know Creed would hate to become if you remember the first movie. Then Drago comes back on the scene with his son,and refocuses him on the right path,he has to try to get his old lady back etc.

Or just have him beat Drago to death,and he fights ol boy from the last movie in jail:pachaha:

That would be so fukking raw foo

I think Coogler's idea to do a Godfather II style sequel would have been dope.

It would have shown Apollo's plight before he died and how Donny weaves through newfound fame and success.

Kind of hitting home the point of even though I don't know my father...in a lot of ways I'm just like him.
thanks sly :snoop: setting caple jr up for failure off rip

exactly
Its not even Sly I'm worried about...Are we sure Luke Cage writer can add the depth needed for this movie. I like the show Luke Cage, but its themes are heavy handed as hell.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Without coogler this has stallone over the top cheesy movie written all over it.

I wish MBJ stayed far away from this.

I’m still gonna watch it, I loved all rocky’s. But if MBJ is tryna be taken as an actor not to be slept on, he needs to stay away from this.

Give it a chance. This storyline would be pretty difficult to fukk up. It’s a layup

Jards

All Star
Daps
Stallone fukked up. If they had waited for Coogler to finish BP before starting this it would've probably added at least another 200 - 300 million to the box office just for the fact everyone would've been queuing up to see Coogler's next project after BP. The fact that they were so hungry for the cash grab will probably mean they've left a lot of money on the table in the long run. Michael B Jordan's increase star presence will add to the BO but I don't actually see it doing much more than Creed. In fact I see a lot of people like :patrice: because Coogler's not doing the sequel.

From Coogler's Hot 97 interview it looks as
if he feels a way that they didn't want to wait for him either. It's understandable though as he reinvigorated the franchise especially after Stallone was ready to put it to bed but after the success of the first one is willing to take it back into mediocrity cause he's seen the dollar signs.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Stallone fukked up. If they had waited for Coogler to finish BP before starting this it would've probably added at least another 200 - 300 million to the box office just for the fact everyone would've been queuing up to see Coogler's next project after BP. The fact that they were so hungry for the cash grab will probably mean they've left a lot of money on the table in the long run. Michael B Jordan's increase star presence will add to the BO but I don't actually see it doing much more than Creed. In fact I see a lot of people like :patrice: because Coogler's not doing the sequel.

From Coogler's Hot 97 interview it looks as
if he feels a way that they didn't want to wait for him either. It's understandable though as he reinvigorated the franchise especially after Stallone was ready to put it to bed but after the success of the first one is willing to take it back into mediocrity cause he's seen the dollar signs.

nicca, stallone isn't going to live forever, HGH is only going to take you so far, how long was he supposed to wait

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nicca, stallone isn't going to live forever, HGH is only going to take you so far, how long was he supposed to wait

Also love the idea that Stallone and Stallone alone is the reason this went forward without Cogler at the helm:francis:

When movie companies have board execs and shareholders to answer to, movies have to be made. Period. Especially sequels to hit movies. They need to reach their quotas for the year and that means decisions must be made.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
How come every vid featuring Stallone getting ready for this movie is him working out.

Aint Rocky supposed to be sick :gucci:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How come every vid featuring Stallone getting ready for this movie is him working out.

Aint Rocky supposed to be sick :gucci:

He beat cancer breh. Also the last movie Stallone did where he didn’t workout was cop land:russ:

He was in shape for stop or my mom will shoot. That man will always be in the gym and always show you that he’s in the gym