Creed 2 Thread

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Its gonna be so weird how Creed 2 will recognize more aspects of Rocky 4....

Creed came off as very realistic and down to earth....

Rocky 4 on the other hand was hella 80s...Sci-Fi russian lab who making a damn near cyborg boxer,and Pauly had a fukking robot and shyt.....

Kinda strange knowing both these movies are in the same universe.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its gonna be so weird how Creed 2 will recongnize more aspects of Rocky 4....

Creed came off as very realistic and down to earth....

Rocky 4 on the other hand was hella 80s...Sci-Fi russian lab who making a damn near cyborg boxer,and Pauly had a fukking robot and shyt.....

Kinda strange knowing both these movies are in the same universe.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday:russ:

But with the director they have on board and Luke cage show runner cowriting, it will be more realistic or at least realistic for Creed's world. At least it should.
Without coogler this has stallone over the top cheesy movie written all over it.

I wish MBJ stayed far away from this.

I’m still gonna watch it, I loved all rocky’s. But if MBJ is tryna be taken as an actor not to be slept on, he needs to stay away from this.

Not necessarily. Depends on the material. We're all assuming that it's going to be similar to Rocky 4 but that's just an assumption. It will be key to nail down how Drago fits in this world and how his son fits in this world as well, rather than having the world fit to them, if that makes any sense. It's really going to be on the young cat they got to direct it and how he manages that tone and what he ultimately wants to say with the movie.

On its face, it's an interesting concept: Rocky's surrogate son vs Drago's actual son. Where is Drago 30 years after he seemingly disavowed Russia? Where did his son grow up? And what's Adonis' journey here? If the last movie was about proving he belonged and wasn't a mistake, is this movie about taking vengeance on the guy who killed a dad he never knew? That seems far fetched to me, because there's no emotional connection there so why would you want revenge?

Creed is a movie I wanted a sequel to but couldn't figure out how to actually do one, so I'm curious to see what they came up with

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I like it. I don’t care how crazy it is:russ:

Drago appears to be a boxing dad/coach, which is very common in boxing so I’m with it.
Werd whats the problem? This is literally about facing the man who killed ur dad in a sense and getting closure. If done right it could be a good movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Werd whats the problem? This is literally about facing the man who killed ur dad in a sense and getting closure. If done right it could be a good movie.

See thats what I keep going back to, but the issue is this: He has no emotional connection to his dad. There's no "closure" there unless it's the "I'm going to prove I'm better than my dad by doing the one thing he couldn't" but then that undercuts his journey from the first movie

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
See thats what I keep going back to, but the issue is this: He has no emotional connection to his dad. There's no "closure" there unless it's the "I'm going to prove I'm better than my dad by doing the one thing he couldn't" but then that undercuts his journey from the first movie

He always lived in his dad's shadow tho, maybe mentally Adonis wants to remove ALL doubt about who the superior Creed is. He is a cocky mufukka after all

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He always lived in his dad's shadow tho, maybe mentally Adonis wants to remove ALL doubt about who the superior Creed is. He is a cocky mufukka after all

Yeah I hear that but again, it undercuts him. He wanted to prove he wasn't a mistake and belonged. If he's going to prove he's better than ultimately he needs to get humbled because that's normally how arcs work

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I love it. I think the problem people have with it is although Rocky 4 was a great movie, the entire movie was damn near a music video. However, it’s extremely foolish for anyone to believe they are trying to make another Rocky 4 with Creed 2.

It’s a movie in which Adonis is going to cross paths with a Young Drago, who happens to be in the rankings. Whoever plays the promoter in the movie is going to push for it, because it’s a great storyline. Someone mentioned “well Adonis didn’t have a relationship with his dad,” but I guarantee once he see’s the Drago’s standing across the ring from him, there is going to be some tension.

There is nothing unrealistic about Drago being in the boxing game with his son. This is a very common part of boxing.

I look forward to it. I hope Ivan maintains his stoic demeanor and didn’t age into a jokester or anything. That’s the only problem I would have. Yeah you can’t expect a person to act like they did 20 plus years ago, but that’s what made Drago.

Benefited

Banned
Daps

Exactly,If Coogler was involved I have no doubts he would get it right,hopefully Sly and the new director can too. And I'm sure Michael B can get Coogler on face time to chime in:pachaha:. Sly after all did the first Rocky which was all about emotion,so hopefully he can do it again.

THe first one was about him wanting to prove something to his deceased father,while hating his father,and not wanting to live in his shadow. Now the second movie,he has all the money and the fame. He gets to find out you CAN'T escape your father,because his dna and personality are in you. Now that he has the money and the fame Creed can become the arrogant,monster Apollo probably was in his prime before he had a family to ground him. You forget we saw the old family man version of Creed.

Creed can be out here wild,doing coke lines like Scarface,cheating on his girl who we all like who is going deaf:francis:. He's basically Killmonger in this movie again,but a bigger scum bag lol. We get to see a darker version of what Apollo Creed could have been,which is what we know Creed would hate to become if you remember the first movie. Then Drago comes back on the scene with his son,and refocuses him on the right path,he has to try to get his old lady back etc.

Or just have him beat Drago to death,and he fights ol boy from the last movie in jail:pachaha:

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Exactly,If Coogler was involved I have no doubts he would get it right,hopefully Sly and the new director can too. And I'm sure Michael B can get Coogler on face time to chime in:pachaha:. Sly after all did the first Rocky which was all about emotion,so hopefully he can do it again.

THe first one was about him not wanting prove something to his deceased father,while hating his father,and not wanting to live in his shadow. Now the second movie,he has all the money and the fame. He gets to find out you CAN'T escape your father,because his dna and personality are in you. Now that he has the money and the fame Creed can become the arrogant,monster Apollo probably was in his prime before he had a family to ground him. You forget we saw the old family man version of Creed.

Creed can be out here wild,doing coke lines like Scarface,cheating on his girl who we all like who is going deaf:francis:. He's basically Killmonger in this movie again,but a bigger scum bag lol. We get to see a darker version of what Apollo Creed could have been,which is what we know Creed would hate to become if you remember the first movie. Then Drago comes back on the scene with his son,and refocuses him on the right path,he has to try to get his old lady back etc.

Or just have him beat Drago to death,and he fights ol boy from the last movie in jail:pachaha:

That would be so fukking raw foo