"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
It's funny you say that because thats what I'm working to add to the thread myself.
I'm redoing a story outline (based on / inspired by) science fiction movies staring black characters. I randomly saw "book of eli" and "after earth" around the same time. They both took place after an Apocalypse so I thought...
"what if the cadet from "After earth" met the traveler in "Book of eli" after crash landing on earth"?:jbhmm:
From that question formed the main back bone of the story. After that I started looking at other scifi movies pulling black characters and the scenarios they encountered out and using them in the story.

Given my background is software eng(game design & development) I probably handle story writing different.

World build - whose in this world, what are their roles, and how are they connected to other characters & locations
Broad Story outline - spine of the story from start to finish by sequencing acts composed of aspects of the world previously laid out.
Event outline - sequence of events/scenarios the character(s) will encounter in each act.
Dialogue - words spoken by on screen characters during each event/scenario.

Right now I'm doing a basic "broad story outline" so that you know where the story starts(starting Act) and where it'll end(closing Act) ...but you won't know the dialogue between individual characters.
(Part of that is cause I low key don't care for writing things like dialogue or character names. Especially numb to names cause they feel so arbitrary)

I haven't seen either of those two movies so I'm completely clueless :skip:

My outline isn't as detailed as that. When I write I know the general plot I'm aiming for and just let my hands do the rest :ld:

shadowking

All Star
Daps
Now that I think about it :jbhmm: ...here is a game pitch I made a while back :yeshrug::ehh:

Idea pitch session 1: Game pitch 4 of 4

Castlevainia game – “multiplayer castlvainia, control all characters with one person”

Click hereDropbox - pitches.pdf

U r a chicken forever if you don't make this happen...can you submit this to investors or a gaming platform after registering the characters as yours just for "rights"?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
U r a chicken forever if you don't make this happen...can you submit this to investors or a gaming platform after registering the characters as yours just for "rights"?

:russ: I hear ya bruh :pachaha:
That said it was kinda a throw away idea ...I have tons of them.:francis: As a result you have to prioritize which ones to pursue.:ufdup:

If I were to do anything with it though I would change the motif to an African inspired setting. I came up with that idea maybe a couple months to a year before I got into African history & culture. Now a days I'd never make a game set in a semi European setting like that. I could keep the basic plot outline and character motivations in place though :ehh: ...but the entire affair would have to take place in a 1600-1700s African inspired setting.:jbhmm:

You can take the pitch and run with that European(castlevania like) theme tho:ehh: ......for 9%(same as AL sales tax) on all profits made :shaq:
You could keep the merchandising tho:hubie: I'm not greedy :picard:

:russ:

shadowking

All Star
Daps
:russ: I hear ya bruh :pachaha:
That said it was kinda a throw away idea ...I have tons of them.:francis: As a result you have to prioritize which ones to pursue.:ufdup:

If I were to do anything with it though I would change the motif to an African inspired setting. I came up with that idea maybe a couple months to a year before I got into African history & culture. Now a days I'd never make a game set in a semi European setting like that. I could keep the basic plot outline and character motivations in place though :ehh: ...but the entire affair would have to take place in a 1600-1700s African inspired setting.:jbhmm:

You can take the pitch and run with that European(castlevania like) theme tho:ehh: ......for 9%(same as AL sales tax) on all profits made :shaq:
You could keep the merchandising tho:hubie: I'm not greedy :picard:

:russ:
There's a book which was a best seller like the African harry potter...didn't it get sold rights for a movie?? It was written by a black girl

Ok do one thing:

• Recast it more into the African settings
  • Ask for info regarding graphics used then and clothing style, hair style etc
  • Africa has more myths and Gods as well
  • Add more magic using herbs and plants as well
  • We can retell the story and then register with the writer guide for games...they should have their own edition. Few bucks
  • Then we get a gaming software creator for you. Deal?

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
There's a book which was a best seller like the African harry potter...didn't it get sold rights for a movie?? It was written by a black girl

Ok do one thing:

• Recast it more into the African settings
  • Ask for info regarding graphics used then and clothing style, hair style etc
  • Africa has more myths and Gods as well
  • Add more magic using herbs and plants as well
  • We can retell the story and then register with the writer guide for games...they should have their own edition. Few bucks
  • Then we get a gaming software creator for you. Deal?

what book was this

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Now that I think about it :jbhmm: ...here is a game pitch I made a while back :yeshrug::ehh:

Idea pitch session 1: Game pitch 4 of 4

Breh, if you're serious about making something like that, I code. If you wanna try to make it happen, lemme know. I didn't read all that shyt but you seem to have passion for it and there's plenty of tools to make it. Can you make pixel/draw?

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
ph4_numero1_by_chuckdee-d49123t.jpg

Proposed Story: Godslayer | Amekenit on Patreon

Tell me what you think :lupe:
why so many things that start with the letter A, makes the names confusing but the story sounds interesting.